• Under

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all.. With the Patriots Over/Under on Wins starting at 7.5 I'm curious what you all think.

Also curious if people have used Online Sports Books. If you have, I'd like to PM you a question about the "Legalities".

That seems crazy low. But from what I've seen of the national talk circuit, the Pats are viewed as a non-factor. We got 'em just where we want 'em!

Anyone who is considering a bet on Over 7.5, I have a better suggestion.

The Patriots are currently favored in only 3 of their 17 games. Bet a little on the Pats' Money Line on all of the games. If they win 8+ games, you will clean up a lot more than the Over bet alone.

This is coming from someone who had them 7-10 entering last season. Seeing their offense at training camp was enough.

I’m high on this team with Hopkins. They would have their best supporting cast since 2017. Smith-Schuster, Bourne, Henry, Gesicki & hopefully Thornton would become one of the best secondary receiving groups in the NFL. They would have enough firepower to be an above average offense.

I’ve posted numerous times this offseason that the single biggest move they could make was acquiring a CB1. Gonzalez was a steal. It allows them to return to a cover 1 man defense & Jonathan Jones to return to the slot. Jack Jones’ status being up in the air puts a damper on things because he had the potential to be a high end CB2. However, Marcus Jones played decent outside last season & wouldn’t be a big downgrade IMO.

Hopkins signing is huge. They would go from a 8-9/9-8 team to 10-7-11-6 & fighting for the division. I wouldn’t bet the over if they don’t sign him as I don’t think they have the firepower to keep up with a tough schedule. Dingleberry’s suggestion to bet every moneyline makes sense if you like the over though.

Last edited:
Brutal schedule. 7-8 wins is right where they will finish. How many crappy QB's do they play? How many elite QB's do they play? Do they compete with Buffalo this year or is it another 2 losses? Do they figure out Tua? Jets are due for a win.

Let's break it down. Pats have struggled against top QB's for the past few seasons. Where are 10 wins? They need to finally compete with the Bills and put Tua out of the league in order to hit the over. 1-1 verses Rodgers. Then beat the rookie QB's that should struggle against BB's game plan. Winning in Denver is NEVER easy even with crap QB play. It depends which Dak shows up.

Top QB's
Hurts
Rodgers x2
Herbert
Kermit
Allen x2

Middling QB's they can't seem to beat
Tua x2

Bad/Rookie QB's
Jones
Richardson
Pickett
Howell
Jimmy G
Carr

?? QB's
Prescott
Wilson

Last edited:
Anyone who is considering a bet on Over 7.5, I have a better suggestion.

The Patriots are currently favored in only 3 of their 17 games. Bet a little on the Pats' Money Line on all of the games. If they win 8+ games, you will clean up a lot more than the Over bet alone.

Yep, why not both?

Brutal schedule. 7-8 wins is right where they will finish. How many crappy QB's do they play? How many elite QB's do they play? Do they compete with Buffalo this year or is it another 2 losses? Do they figure out Tua? Jets are due for a win.

Let's break it down. Pats have struggled against top QB's for the past few seasons. Where are 10 wins? They need to finally compete with the Bills and put Tua out of the league in order to hit the over. 1-1 verses Rodgers. Then beat the rookie QB's that should struggle against BB's game plan. Winning in Denver is NEVER easy even with crap QB play. It depends which Dak shows up.

Top QB's
Hurts
Rodgers x2
Herbert
Kermit
Allen x2

Middling QB's they can't seem to beat
Tua x2

Bad/Rookie QB's
Jones
Richardson
Pickett
Howell
Jimmy G
Carr

?? QB's
Prescott
Wilson
Tua had the highest passer rating in the NFL last season. If he's healthy then he'll be above "middling" with Hill and Waddle.

Daniel Jones isn't bad. Daboll had that offense in decent shape last season and they've added some weapons. Their offense should be pretty good. Definitely not bad.

Pickett played better than his numbers in his rookie season. Pittsburgh is doing an excellent job building a team around him. Pickett is going to be pretty good.

Garoppolo can't stay healthy but he is nowhere close being a bad quarterback. I would much prefer a healthy Garoppolo over Mac Jones but again I don't trust Garoppolo to stay healthy. However, he's a good quarterback (unless it's late and close in the postseason).

Carr is likely a good comp for what Mac will be on average. I don't consider Carr a bad quarterback, Mac was bad last season but I think he'll play better this season, especially if Hopkins is signed, but when the season is over I think Carr and Mac will be pretty close (numbers-wise).

Regarding the over/under at 7.5, I have the Patriots winning 7 to 9 games, maybe 10 with Hopkins but 10 is their ceiling. 6 wins if things go disastrously bad (which seems remote). I would bet the over but wouldn't feel confident about it.

I have the AFCE winner going 11-6 at best. They will beat each other up.

I'd take the over, but I project the Pats as an 8 win team at best right now because they have too many questions at OL, QB, WR, CB, and MLB.

Get D-Hop and WR is immediately a Strength.
If he has gas left in the tank, his play will have a trickle down effect on everyone else getting favorable matchups. The Pats have good supporting WR's, but need someone to take pressure off of them.

If he has gas left in the tank, his play will have a trickle down effect on everyone else getting favorable matchups. The Pats have good supporting WR's, but need someone to take pressure off of them.
I think D-Hop have two years left to be exact! just what we need until some of those young guys put it together.

Also Juju thrives with a real threat drawing most of the attention he did it in Pittsburgh and KC.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back