PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "need a serious attitude adjustment"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nitpick: It's a TERRIBLE word.

"Uninterested" is what, right or wrong, Kiper meant.

You won't stop the tide -- but good effort, anyway! :rocker:

Well, Mel Kiper did correctly predict that Andre Ware would be a phenomenon who would change the way the QB position is played. Why wouldn't we listen to him on the evaluating the Patriots?

BTW, this is what Kiper said about the 2001 Patriots around draft time that year:

"They could go 0-16"

Other classic Kiper quotes:

"I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction" About WR Mike Williams after the Lions drafted him

"Akili Smith will be a great NFL player and would finally provide the Cincinnati Bengals with the passer they'd lacked since Boomer Esiason"

"J.J. Stokes is a sure thing"

"That’s why [they] keep picking number two every year" Kiper commenting on the Colts "stupidly" picking Marshall Faulk with the second pick.

"Ryan Leaf's 'attitude' would be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over Peyton Manning"

Also, I do believe that this team needs more leadership, but one disaster of a game does not make a team's make up. Yes, the Pats did not come to play and they were outplayed and outcoached, but I am not sure that that one game is indicative of what the Pats are all about. They were not as good as their playoff years, but they certainly weren't as bad as their performance vs. the Ravens.

Also, I do believe that this team needs more leadership, but one disaster of a game does not make a team's make up. Yes, the Pats did not come to play and they were outplayed and outcoached, but I am not sure that that one game is indicative of what the Pats are all about. They were not as good as their playoff years, but they certainly weren't as bad as their performance vs. the Ravens.

The Saints would probably disagree with your assessment.

Says Mel Kiper. Yes, they need major infusion of talent at WR, OL and LB, but above all need a serious attitude adjustment, as the team looked "disinterested" in the Baltimore playoff game.

Never thought I would hear that said regarding a Tom Brady led team.

QB12

what's the surprise in this? Brady all but said the same thing in his presser the day after the game. i mean you had to read between the lines...but it was there...

Actually, they probably wouldn't.

Actually, given that they pasted the Patriots, and given the low number of Patriots players who played well in that Saints game, they probably would.

I could care less about Kiper. I've been going to the games for awhile, and during the leadership years, you'd see players getting in other players faces
to make sure they never got disinterested. This year was horrible. It looked like a church surmon was going on on the field. Players had no fire or emotion,
and when things got bad the bench got quieter. You could surely get disinterested because no one held anyone accountable. Pretty soon we'll be back to being anounced individually. Time for key players to start kicking some ass, and bring back the blue collar pats, because if they dont, disinterested will be the least of our problems

That's the dumbest post I've read this week. And it beat out some really bad ones...
Don't give him too much credit. Some of the his older posts were much dumber. Personally, I don't believe he means what he says. He's just goofing around. At least I hope that's what it is.

Dunno if you've been around lately, but what you're posting is the exact sentiments of a fairly large lunatic fringe around here. And considering that you've always been one of the more reactionary, less reasonable posters on this forum, it wasn't exactly a stretch.

If someone who I knew was sane and rational had posted that, it would have been pretty easy to identify for what it was. If anything, it should be a red flag to you that you could post something so crazy and nobody would find it at all strange, coming from you.

Thats what makes the sarcasm routine without the warning so much fun,I don't want to be recognized as an insane homer like some in here,Thanks

Don't give him too much credit. Some of the his older posts were much dumber. Personally, I don't believe he means what he says. He's just goofing around. At least I hope that's what it is.

For once in your life Spacecrime you are right,I was BSing....we need to celebrate! :singing:

Thats what makes the sarcasm routine without the warning so much fun,I don't want to be recognized as an insane homer like some in here,Thanks

Thanks for keeping it real.

We need more guys like you around here.

Well, last season the defense felt the loss of Harrison, Bruschi, and Vrable, Their experience and/or leadership would have proved to be invaluable to a defense that fielded numerous first and second year players. But that was last season.

This season will start anew with most (not all) of the defensive roster intact, and an entire year of valuable experience under their collective belts. Solid chemistry will be the goal of Belichick, and I'm confident that no bad seeds will remain. In addition, one or two among the LBs and DBs will ride the wagon with Vince Wilfork, heeding his words of leadership:

"You have to weed out the bad seeds. If you can't give me what I'm giving you on the field, I don't need you on the field with me. That's how you win. You've got to build trust. Show me that I can count on you."

"If a guy's not giving me 100 percent, I have no problem telling that guy that I don't need him on the field, and I have no problem going to tell Bill that I don't want him on the field. That's how it's going to have to work."

I find Mel Kiper annoying to look at and aggravating to listen too. Every time he is on TV I want to throw the television outside and repeatedly run over it with my car. He should have stuck to aeronautical engineering.

Last edited:
Mel Kiper is Shylock in my mind.....

I hate him as well.

Kraft does not care about that playoff result anyway,all he wants is the $300+ $$$ that each ass in those playoff seats gave to him in revenue....not to mention the Beer and Food sales and the $40 Parking Fee

Its all about money in New England anymore from the Owner down to the HC who has lost his marbles and down all the way to the QB Brady who has more involvement with his modeling body and his family than to worry about 50 overpaid chumps in a locker room.

Championships are not of any real meaning or need anymore here,we already won three the last decade,we are in for a revisit from the early 90s starting this season.

If I seriously felt that way even in the slightest, I for one would not spend ANY time here and might find another team to root for that exhibited my values. Your mileage may vary.

Your perception, should I ever share it would drive me away from the Patriots. There's plenty else in life to occupy interest. The other event that would drive me away would be an MLB style for the NFL where the wealthiest owners regardless of nerit could purchase championships, q.v. Yankees, Red Sox.

EDIT: My leg pulled?

Last edited:
From his quotes excerpted above, Vince seems to agree with Kiper that an attitude adjustment is needed.

QB12

Last edited:
Actually, given that they pasted the Patriots, and given the low number of Patriots players who played well in that Saints game, they probably would.
On this one, I'll wisely follow my late father's advice: "Never enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

On this one, I'll wisely follow my late father's advice: "Never enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

And this board's off season silliness continues, with irony winning the day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes