PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "need a serious attitude adjustment"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says Mel Kiper. Yes, they need major infusion of talent at WR, OL and LB, but above all need a serious attitude adjustment, as the team looked "disinterested" in the Baltimore playoff game.

Never thought I would hear that said regarding a Tom Brady led team.

QB12

Is there a link to his comments, or were they taken during an interview or segment on TV/Radio?

The Pats have obviously lost a decade's worth of attitude, accountability & leadership (and talent) with the losses of Harrison, Bruschi, Troy Brown, Willie Mac, Heath Evans, Vrabel, Givens, TJ, Grahambo, Andruzzi, and even Branch, Law & Seymour. And in almost every case, each loss has not been replaced with a comparable player in terms of either talent or character.

From 18-1 to 11-5 to 10-7: you are what your record says you are. And right now, we are a franchise in decline. Bill has one last chance to turn it around, and that chance is this year's draft. 12 picks, incl. 4 in the first 2 rounds, should be the ammunition needed to replenish the talent pool, as long as that talent also comes with love of football, coachability & self-motivation. We also need a couple of gems to be found in the 6th & 7th rounds, too.

I have no problem whatsoever with Kiper's words. The Pats' last 2 PO games should've told us that already.

If I seriously felt that way even in the slightest, I for one would not spend ANY time here and might find another team to root for that exhibited my values. Your mileage may vary.

Your perception, should I ever share it would drive me away from the Patriots. There's plenty else in life to occupy interest. The other event that would drive me away would be an MLB style for the NFL where the wealthiest owners regardless of nerit could purchase championships, q.v. Yankees, Red Sox.

EDIT: My leg pulled?

I pulled more limbs than just your leg with that one

Last edited:
"You can't coach chemistry." Bill Belichick.

Chemistry sucked last season. They'll get it straightened out.

Count Chocula has a point on this one. The team looked seriously lost in that game.

There is no need to disparage Count Chocula here. Have some decency.

They weren't disinterested in that playoff game,they simply knew that they were not good enough to make it and win the Super Bowl, so they intentionally lost that game vs. the Ravens so they could not have to be held down with limited FA movement that the final eight teams had to endure and what better way to be sure you are going to lose than to be down 24 points early in the game?.

Is it that hard to understand Mr. Mel Kiper?

in lieu of this FA period this is one of the dumber things i've heard lately. the FO had a plan in place before that game that did not include losing that game. the moves they have made through FA and what Kraft has said about training camp cuts and the draft have more than backed my assessment of that playoff game...the ravens whooped our ass. i hope we get em late in the year in 2010 and eliminate them from the wildcard.

The Pats have obviously lost a decade's worth of attitude, accountability & leadership (and talent) with the losses of Harrison, Bruschi, Troy Brown, Willie Mac, Heath Evans, Vrabel, Givens, TJ, Grahambo, Andruzzi, and even Branch, Law & Seymour. And in almost every case, each loss has not been replaced with a comparable player in terms of either talent or character.

From 18-1 to 11-5 to 10-7: you are what your record says you are. And right now, we are a franchise in decline. Bill has one last chance to turn it around, and that chance is this year's draft. 12 picks, incl. 4 in the first 2 rounds, should be the ammunition needed to replenish the talent pool, as long as that talent also comes with love of football, coachability & self-motivation. We also need a couple of gems to be found in the 6th & 7th rounds, too.

I have no problem whatsoever with Kiper's words. The Pats' last 2 PO games should've told us that already.

To me, it's the lack of ferocious, nasty, mauling, in-your-face attitude that's missing on this team. I think it was McGowan (I could be wrong) who reportedly admonished a Patriot player who made a big hit by saying "Don't do that, they'll hit us back". OMFG! Can you ever hear Harrison saying that?

Since this season ended I've watched replays of the SB seasons' games and the one thing that stood out to me was how much fire the D had. Players swarmed to the ball to see who could get the biggest hit. It was almost like a competition; no one was watching the play because they were all involved. Those defenses played with intensity and attitude and wins came because of it.

Kraft does not care about that playoff result anyway,all he wants is the $300+ $$$ that each ass in those playoff seats gave to him in revenue....not to mention the Beer and Food sales and the $40 Parking Fee

Its all about money in New England anymore from the Owner down to the HC who has lost his marbles and down all the way to the QB Brady who has more involvement with his modeling body and his family than to worry about 50 overpaid chumps in a locker room.

Championships are not of any real meaning or need anymore here,we already won three the last decade,we are in for a revisit from the early 90s starting this season.

What utter nonsense. Not funny even if you're being sarcastic.

did you see how much work he puts into his hair?

no, wait, that doen't have anything to do with it.....

Kiper can't even do his own job well

LOL...........:rofl:

All due respect............I have to disagree. My lifelong obsession with the draft includes purchasing the annual Mel Kiper draft guides over the last 20 years. (Back in those days, when you called to order his guide he would answer the phone himself and would openly discuss the draft with his clients.)

After comparing all of the various guides, and mocks, Ourlads, Walters, TSN, PFW, Pro Football Weekly, etc, and comparing them to the actual success of NFL GM's, Mel Kiper was clearly not the best. Joel Buchsbaum, ( a close personal friend of Bill Belichicks ), was far and away the best NFL draft prognosticator. However, since Joel's premature death seven years ago, at the age of 48, I would have to reluctantly move Mel Kiper into the number one position, based purely on historical accuracy of player success.

What utter nonsense. Not funny even if you're being sarcastic.

MJZ1634.gif

All due respect............I have to disagree. My lifelong obsession with the draft includes purchasing the annual Mel Kiper draft guides over the last 20 years. (Back in those days, when you called to order his guide he would answer the phone himself and would openly discuss the draft with his clients.)

After comparing all of the various guides, and mocks, Ourlads, Walters, TSN, PFW, Pro Football Weekly, etc, and comparing them to the actual success of NFL GM's, Mel Kiper was clearly not the best. Joel Buchsbaum, ( a close personal friend of Bill Belichicks ), was far and away the best NFL draft prognosticator. However, since Joel's premature death seven years ago, at the age of 48, I would have to reluctantly move Mel Kiper into the number one position, based purely on historical accuracy of player success.

that's fine.....I put him up yearly against draft countdown, and he doesn't touch them...guess it depends on your point of reference

How is John Cena's finisher going to help us?:D

Forget the "Attitude Adjustment." What we need is a severe dosage of some RKO-age stat. :rocker:

Is that why he's making millions, while you sit at home pulling your pud?

heh....I'm not paying him

I may be pulling my own pud......but how do you like pulling someone else's?

Do you watch ESPN? Chances are you do and chances are that you've purchases a product advertised on their channel. That advertising revenue is what ESPN uses to fund their business and to pay their staff members, like Mel Kiper.

Out of the current draft guys, who's better than Kiper? No one gets the picks right. Kiper is pretty good at forecasting what players will do well in the NFL, and he's been doing it for 20 years.

Last edited:
Do you watch ESPN? Chances are you do and chances are that you've purchases a product advertised on their channel. That advertising revenue is what ESPN uses to fund their business and to pay their staff members, like Mel Kiper.

Out of the current draft guys, who's better than Kiper? No one gets the picks right. Kiper is pretty good at forecasting what players will do well in the NFL, and he's been doing it for 20 years.

I watch ESPN for whatever games happen to be played.......the limit of my patience is at the 'fastest 3 minutes of football' by chris berman

I don't waste my time with the other stuff.....if it football I want, I just go to the NFL network, or online......calling ESPN unbiased is like calling CNN or FOX news unbiased.....

like I said, places like draft countdown have always been more accurate, and if you go to places like football's future, you can find individual hacks being just as accurate as kiper....kind of the same notion as monkey's picking stocks better than 75% of mutual fund managers

I think you may be confusing 'most commercially successful' or 'highest paid with 'most accurate' or 'best analysis'. For example McDonalds is probably the most successful restaurant worldwide but I wouldn't consider them to be the best. Kiper is the most well known and highest paid draft analyst, but I don't believe him to best.

A year or two ago I had both espn and the nfl network on at the same time for the draft. It was jaw dropping, it wasn't even close as to who was getting things right. Granted this is a bit different from a mock draft because you are going to be more accurate; prior to each selection you know exactly who is and who is not still available when you discuss who will be taken next in those fifteen minutes before the pick. But Kiper and the espn crew were not remotely close to getting it right as often as Mike Mayock and the nfl network people.

Not only was Mayock right more often than Kiper, when he was wrong he was closer than when Kiper was wrong. For example he might say 'I think the Packers will take this player' and though the player was wrong, the position was correct. Kiper on the other hand would rattle off three positions for the next selection, with two or three players at each of those positions - and the team would pick somebody else from another position that he didn't even mention.

I will say that I think there was a time several years ago that Kiper was the best, or one of the best in his draft analysis and predictions, but I don't consider that to be the case any longer.

Forget the "Attitude Adjustment." What we need is a severe dosage of some RKO-age stat. :rocker:

'RKO with Wolfman Jack!!

Wooooohooooo I remember them days!!

hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back