PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Patriots have 0 chance of winning on Dec 6th?**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being sarcastic about yards being the most important stat...

I knew you were, but,unfortunately, there isn't a "sarcasm" font. it would make life so much easier.....:rolleyes:

Yeah but he's no Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss or Chad Ochocinco.
That's not the point. The comment was made the Patriots don't have any elite receivers not big play receivers who are 10 foot tall.

Welker is an elite receiver in the NFL. Guys would kill to see his production (even a year removed from ripping his knee in twain).

deion branch is elite.

but only when brady is throwing to him.

simply put, the middle of the field will be wide open since harris and scott play so close to the line. leonerd will be exposed trying to do something against them. the middle of the field kills the jets D

To be fair (not that most of those sub humans deserve it), alot of them are telling the guy he's an idiot for thinking any of that will have to do with the outcome.

Still, those pieces of crap are so vile; just going to that website made me feel disgusting. Jets fans are the scum of the earth.

even though moss made a nice grab in the end zone in week 2, going to moss in that game was what cost the pats the game.

he was targeted 10 times. he had 2 receptions, the 34 yard TD, and a 4 yard catch.

the other 8 targets included 2 INTs. and then brady got sacked and fumbled the ball on one more drop back that was intended for moss.

FWIW, brady has not thrown a pick since the baltimore game which was the first one without moss. 2 of the only 7 INTS the jets have this year were the pats going to randy moss.....

just more tidbits that don't point favorably to the jets.

That's not the point. The comment was made the Patriots don't have any elite receivers not big play receivers who are 10 foot tall.

Welker is an elite receiver in the NFL. Guys would kill to see his production (even a year removed from ripping his knee in twain).

Ok cool but Welker is an elite "slot" receiver. Revis and Cromartie will shut him down. He won't be a huge threat to a secondary like the Jets, especially down field. But this works in the Pats advantage, like mentioned before, we were trying to force the ball to Moss since he was in single coverage causing 2 interceptions.

With this type of offense, the TEs will be our biggest factors in the game. Welker will more than likely be more of a decoy to open up the middle for the TEs and Woody.

Delete this thread immediately. Thou shall not lend any credibility to Jets fans whatsoever on the PatsFans message board.

I guess points scored doesn't count. Why don't they have a box tracking yards instead of score during the game.

Im from jersey so I can tell you 90% of Jets fans are loud obnoxious ass holes (sorry Gunnails you aren't one of them).:D God I hate this state.

==========================================

Well I have only been to Jersey once, was treated very well.

Eagle and Raider fans are the worst.

==========================================

Well I have only been to Jersey once, was treated very well.

Eagle and Raider fans are the worst.
#1A Most Jest fans

1B All Chargers fans

Last edited:
Stats in football are useless. They don't tell the whole story. According to stats, the Jets have second best running game in the league. Anyone who have watched them over the last month and a half really believe they have the second best running game in the league? Not even close. In fact, I will argue BJGE and Woodhead have outperformed Tomlinson and Greene on the ground over the last month.

Stats in football are useless. They don't tell the whole story. According to stats, the Jets have second best running game in the league. Anyone who have watched them over the last month and a half really believe they have the second best running game in the league? Not even close. In fact, I will argue BJGE and Woodhead have outperformed Tomlinson and Greene on the ground over the last month.

Well, a look at the Jets' running stats over the last month would back up your assertion that they aren't running well. Stats aren't useless in football. They just need more context than they do in a sport like baseball.

Well, a look at the Jets' running stats over the last month would back up your assertion that they aren't running well. Stats aren't useless in football. They just need more context than they do in a sport like baseball.

Should have used the word misleading, not useless.

I Need Colts Cheat Videos

This post is off topic, but I can't start my own thread, since I have less than 50 posts.

We all know the Colts cheated the Pats in the 2007 regular season game. I have the piped-in crowd noise videos, but I need some more.

1. The phantom PI call on Hobbs.

2. The phony Offensive PI call on Moss.

3. The horrible spot on the Addai carry right before the two-minute warning where the ref ran a diagonal to spot the ball and gave Addai an additional two yards and the first down.

Any other Colts cheat videos you have.

Thank you, and please enjoy the implosion of the Colts that I predicted would occur as soon as the refs backed away from propping up the Colts.

That link doesn't work for me. Any attempt to go to their messageboards even without the link results in a DNS error. :confused:

Well, he's correct. When you compare the Patriots to the Jets with the most important statistic in football (yards) they, the Patriots, are clearly inferior.

Patriots: 3841 offensive yards
Opponents: 4390 offensive yards (source)

Somehow, this hasn't stopped the Pats from having the best record in the NFL. Total yards is the most overrated stat in football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back