PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots front office, Belichick, owe fans an apology [satire]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots front office, Belichick, owe fans an apology

sarcasm+meter.jpg

this could be worse...

I would just like to call for an apology from the front office. As fans, we are very displeased with the lack of effort during the offseason, and today was the boiling point.

First, no one was signed when I went to bed last night. Almost an hour had passed and you were just sitting on hands doing nothing. This lack of aggressiveness just shows why no one wants to come here, and why we never field a competitive team. Second, we need a pass rush. We could have easily just signed Julius Peppers for $15M per year. We probably would have signed Peppers if we had just explained to him that we are a championship contender and require a discount. What were you thinking? Don't you know that last year our pass rush struggled? Hello!!!! We should have been just like the Bears and outbid everyone by $4M.

We could have easily gotten Peppers, Boldin, Dansby, Wilfork, Banta-Cain, Neal, and Faulk today. I'm guessing we also could have traded a couple of late round picks for Revis, Polamalu, and Chris Johnson. Why didn't we just trade for them? They would improve our team, so why didn't we get them? If you had just been more engaged in your job and understood the team as much as I do, all of these things would have happened. I waited almost ten minutes after Peppers was signed for you to announce that we had re-signed Banta-Cain. And after the Boldin deal fell through, and by the way he only cost $9 per year, you had to wait almost 30 minutes to extend Wilfork? Meanwhile I can't believe that we haven't re-signed Bodden and Faulk, and extended Brady and Mankins yet. Contracts and the salary cap are easy because every player just wants to sign with the Patriots, fits exactly into our scheme, and shares the same opinion of his market value.

Well, I guess that your incompetence has left us with another playoff team. Yawn. I highly doubt we will go 19-0 next year like I expect.

5/5/2000

Yup - it really sucks to be us, I have rooted for this team for 42 years now and we have never won it all and we simply never will...now we have this loser belichick and he drafts a slow, skinny 2nd stringer from Michigan as if he will be the answers to our prayers.

Finally, it is obvious we have a cheap owner that will move this team out of foxboro as soon as he gets a better offer.

Maybe the in the next century my dreams can come true......

5/5/2000

Yup - it really sucks to be us, I have rooted for this team for 42 years now and we have never won it all and we simply never will...now we have this loser belichick and he drafts a slow, skinny 2nd stringer from Michigan as if he will be the answers to our prayers.

Finally, it is obvious we have a cheap owner that will move this team out of foxboro as soon as he gets a better offer.

Maybe the in the next century my dreams can come true......

The guy has such an obvious lack of a scouting department. I mean the nerve to select Seymour over David Terrell is mind boggling.

WEEI is reporting that Belichick will issue his apology tomorrow afternoon...

litterally was about to get angry till i saw it was a joke... the sad thing is there are fans on this board who will agree with the post

There are people who actually missed the sarcasm in that post? Wow...

Great post btw.

I would've posted something like this if I had the time earlier, I'm glad someone did. Expressed how I was feeling exactly :D

Not sure what is funnier...the post, or the reaction.

Now, I admit that I almost stopped reading after the "never fielded a competitive team". Glad I didn't. Well played.

Thanks, it just makes my infrequent junkets to this board worthwhile when I read a post like this. Brilliant!

Good show man

I love the people who got indignant over the cleverly obvious troll, too.

Good job, beware of the non believers who will take this personal... TFB

:idontgetit::wha: :ugh: :beersign::woot:

I would just like to call for an apology from the front office. As fans, we are very displeased with the lack of effort during the offseason, and today was the boiling point.

First, no one was signed when I went to bed last night. Almost an hour had passed and you were just sitting on hands doing nothing. This lack of aggressiveness just shows why no one wants to come here, and why we never field a competitive team. Second, we need a pass rush. We could have easily just signed Julius Peppers for $15M per year. We probably would have signed Peppers if we had just explained to him that we are a championship contender and require a discount. What were you thinking? Don't you know that last year our pass rush struggled? Hello!!!! We should have been just like the Bears and outbid everyone by $4M.

We could have easily gotten Peppers, Boldin, Dansby, Wilfork, Banta-Cain, Neal, and Faulk today. I'm guessing we also could have traded a couple of late round picks for Revis, Polamalu, and Chris Johnson. Why didn't we just trade for them? They would improve our team, so why didn't we get them? If you had just been more engaged in your job and understood the team as much as I do, all of these things would have happened. I waited almost ten minutes after Peppers was signed for you to announce that we had re-signed Banta-Cain. And after the Boldin deal fell through, and by the way he only cost $9 per year, you had to wait almost 30 minutes to extend Wilfork? Meanwhile I can't believe that we haven't re-signed Bodden and Faulk, and extended Brady and Mankins yet. Contracts and the salary cap are easy because every player just wants to sign with the Patriots, fits exactly into our scheme, and shares the same opinion of his market value.

Well, I guess that your incompetence has left us with another playoff team. Yawn. I highly doubt we will go 19-0 next year like I expect.

Great post, but maybe you should have used the rolleyes gif cause sarcasm, unless it's really broad, is easily missed.

Got a good chuckle from the OP. Nice work.

Loved this line.

I'm guessing we also could have traded a couple of late round picks for Revis, Polamalu, and Chris Johnson.

Disagree. They've done much more that's affected me in a positive way than I've done for them. If I see BB in a bar, he ain't buying his own drinks.

Absolutely. Not just BB, but anyone who has played on any of the Patriot teams in the last ten years I would buy a beer for...even Mangini....except I would throw it in his face after I paid for it. :D

Made me laugh, thanks!

Great stuff! :)

Ice Ice Baby ...err Brady you're really Michele Felger aren't you??
Could care less what the Patriots roster looks like on March 6.
Let's talk in September.
Relax!! The Patriots will be fine.

Nice post! Way to build up the sarcasm... Unless someone made it to the 2nd paragraph when it got way too overboard to be taken seriously they wouldn't have gotten the joke... so now it's funny watching the people who commented without reading it all.

Satire at its finest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes