Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots Fan Of The Year Winner To Be Honored

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by IcyPatriot, Dec 29, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Karen Hourigan, aka "The Flag Lady"
    [​IMG][​IMG]

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_351081919.html

2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Not to dismiss the passion of any season ticket holder but the process seems a bit one sided. A fan like you NEM who has worked tirelessly for the good of many out of state fans is every bit a true fan.

the growth of the internet has made it possible for many out of state fans to enjoy their Patriots ... but you have been doing it without the internet and later a feeble tough to process information internet.

I remember posting here back in 2001 and it was oh so very plain back then ... we members here made the forum come alive. With broadband now ... the site can do that by itself.

Anyways ... it was clear to me back then of how passionate a fan you were...all the e-mails, getting training camp info to your club's members, mailing pictures for the sake of the members ... many, many hours you have devoted to the Patriots as a fan and yet you asked for nothing.

I was in awe of people like yourself, Ian and ZIP to name a few ... it was all work back then ... now it's just a few types on the keyboard and what took days can now be done in mere minutes.

Anyways ... I voted for you NEM as I do every year and I will continue to do so ... The Patriots need to acknowledge or make a category for out of state fans such as yourself whose faces have faded from memory but whose names are right there in the forefront everyday.

Congratulations to Karen ... You deserved it also NEM.
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Sounds like more than you have ever done, than again you think a grumpy old bitter complainer should some how be the fan of the year:confused:
  4. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oy vey. You're a good guy NEM, but your constant talk of politics is not the way to get people on your side.
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Being honored for something usually entails the selfless labor helping others to also share in the joy of something. Being honored means your actions have simply helped others ... a true love for anything really ... like Ian helping us to enjoy the Patriots better ... he too should be considered.

Opinions of other things should not cloud the achievements of anyone. It's too bad any disagreements paint any member with a broad brush. NEM can be opinionated ... but his love of the Patriots has nevered wavered ... in fact ... it's that love that sometimes elicits the emotions ... so what ... this is an opinion forum ... not a popularity contest.
  6. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The winner this year has been a season ticket holder since Victor Kiam owned the team. If I were her I'd be personally insulted by being called a "relative newcomer".
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I have had many fights with NEM in the political forum ... none of them ... not even for 1 second has made me question the integrity of the man himself ... who he is ... and the passion he has shown for the Patriots.

Why I or anyone would think more of NEM as a fan of the Patriots if he agreed with everyone and did not speak his mind is ridiculous at best. His political opinions are his ... an American right ... they have never affected his integrity as a man or his love of the Patriots... he openly to this day will do a favor for anyone ... even members here who have nothing good to say about him ...that is fact!
  8. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No doubt FBN... I'm one of the few Republicans in MA and I still like NEM. But there's nothing like political talk on football forums that makes fellow fans get sick of each other.

Plus campaigning for FOTY ain't gonna help. Your nominations are in and then it's out of our hands.

I don't really know much about the last two FOTYs but I know that Karen and Zip are both solid people so I don't think the FOTY process is flawed.
  9. Alcoholic9

Alcoholic9 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe the guy who decides these things has read some of your posts. :D

If they ever make you Fan of the Year I may seriously consider becoming a Jets fan or whatever. :p
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Who said anything about politics?

Thats right, YOU DID!

I would vomit if a grumpy old piece of cheese like yourself was ever voted fan of the year by the Patriots.

I believe you actually nominate yourself for this as no one who actually liked the Patriots would ever have a nice thing to say about you.

Now go on you way and tell us some more BS stories about you being the GM.
    :rofl: :rofl:
  11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,204 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Why someone like Miguel whose many many hours of research and effort produces the best salary cap pages goes unnoticed for the FOTY befuddles me. Miguel owns seasons tickets and has repeatedly donated those tix to benefit a food pantry for those in need. What's better than that?

And no, I am not related and I have never had sex with Miguel.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

I agree he is also an extremely humble person, not unlike those who continue to self promote themselves for personal gain.. I do not get understand how anyone can begrudge this woman and feel they are more deserving.. it is what it is.
  13. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

What? That Colts troll! :D :D :D

(Seriously, I nominated Miguel last year but now, having met him, I don't believe that he could give (to quote) a rat's patootie about this. Happy New Year to you Miguel -- and to all Pats fans!)
  14. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have heard good things about NEM from guys who have met him in real life. NEM, you say plenty of things that I disagree with but I will say a couple of things about you. You are a true Patriots fan, you are passionate, knowledgeable and are by all accounts a great host.

Good luck on winning the award some time.
  15. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Post of the Year.
  16. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i agree with Gomezcat and i hope too, NEM, you will win it

it is very clear to me that you are a strong passionate Patriot fan and i like a lot yr posts about our team

no doubt: a great fan !
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +783 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Good post PWP ... Fan Of The Year is an award that really self promotes the Patriots ... it's a popularity contest that makes the team look good ... it really has nothing ... zilch ... nada .... with being the best fan.

Now I'm thinking Fred Smerlas should have been fan of the year ... by selling his tickets at a high price he ensured that many non season ticket holding fans would be able to root for the team they love ... Fred Smerlas ... another
    snubbed FOTY contestant.
  18. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

NEM it doesn't count when you only have once nomination and it came from you.
  19. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

What have you been drinking lately? Whatever it is keep on drinking it because you have hit another home run post.

I have never met Miguel. I first came across his work when he had his draft pages,which lead me to his salary cap pages,which lead me to this forum. All I can go by is his work and his post here. I really don't think he is shallow enough to care about getting FOY honors, although he certainly deserves it.

Lets hope that the Patriots honor his work in some way real soon. Maybe they have and we willnever know about it because Idoubt if he would ever bring it up.

And, the sports media in this area should honor him in some way. We all know that they use his work to report their work.

BTW, his draft pages were the best on the internet. What a task that must have been.
  20. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +580 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

Congratulations to Karen Hourigan.

Sorry that this thread had to be hijacked by NEM.