PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun Read by Dave Brown (Concord Monitor): Patriots to face legendary winner of one playoff game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This was a great read:

Patriots to face legendary winner of one playoff game

I laughed at this part:

"The Patriots have only beaten Mahomes twice in the entire 59-year history of the franchise, and only one of those wins came in the regular season. The other Patriots win will for the remainder of history bear an asterisk because it was played in accordance with the Official Playing Rules of the National Football League. Those rules allow a team, even the New England Patriots, to win a game in overtime by scoring a touchdown on their first possession. This left Mahomes standing on the sideline in last year’s AFC Championship game, which is very unfair, believe me, everyone says so."

The whole thing was pretty funny. Good stuff :cool:

<<< GASP!!! >>>

Since Dave is having his little moment right now. I can only recommend his podcast appropriately named "Entitledtown"

Entitled Town

One of the best hot take free listens of the week. In fact if you hate Felger & co you will love it.

Since Dave is having his little moment right now. I can only recommend his podcast appropriately named "Entitledtown"

Entitled Town

One of the best hot take free listens of the week. In fact if you hate Felger & co you will love it.

Thanks, I never heard this podcast before. I just listened to the last two and I enjoyed them. Dave seems a very thoughtful guy. Iron Mike on the other hand! Yikes!

Ha, he mocks the crybabies wailing over the “unfairness” of Mahomes having to stand on the sidelines in overtime of the AFCCG watching the Pats win, yet, before every game where a team faces a good QB, announcers tell us one of the keys to the game is to have long drives to keep the opposing dangerous QB off the field. Patriots did just that in overtime, they kept Mahomes off the field.

Thanks, I never heard this podcast before. I just listened to the last two and I enjoyed them. Dave seems a very thoughtful guy. Iron Mike on the other hand! Yikes!

I think Iron Mike still needs to find his voice a bit, sometimes -- especially with some guests -- he goes way over the top. But it helps Dave to have a foil to play off.

Great stuff!!

Can’t get enough intelligent snark. I’ll make sure to read his stuff. The amazing thing is this is the actual bizarro media take world we live in. I’d compare his writing style to Kurt Vonnegut...points out just how stupid everything is in simple, graceful way.

Too funny. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents