PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Dolphins flexed to 4:25 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
god damn i woulda been able to catch it i gotta work at 4

Might want to check the SOS again. Your using before season numbers.

Current

SOS
Pats .502
Broncos .480

SOV
Pats .470
Broncos .400

2012 NFL Playoff Standings - National Football League - ESPN

Thanks for (politely) correcting me on the facts. My bad. That's what I get for posting in the middle of Christmas shopping and not being sure of my data.

I'll stick by my statement though that the Broncos haven't had a walk in the park since the Pats win; they've played two playoff teams and beaten them, plus they have beaten Brees. The Pats have also played and beaten two playoff teams, but have lost to two others.

Last edited:
Two Christmas morning thoughts:

1) Yes, it's a very long shot to think that the Chiefs will man up and beat the Broncos, but saying things like "there's no way" the Chiefs win is just dumb. It's a Division game and a chance to ruin the end of the regular season for a hated Divisional rival in a way that would get the attention of the entire NFL. There was "no way" that the 2--12 Jags beat the Pats on Sunday, but they were in the Red Zone and a completion away from sending that game into the land of OT, where anything is possible.

2) Chuck Pagano is returning to the sidelines on Sunday for the first time in three months, after successfully beating back Leukemia, hopefully permanently. If you think the Colts are going to "mail" that game in, I've got a Christmas Day bargain price for you on a slightly used bridge in lower Manhattan with a great view of Brooklyn.

Last edited:

1) Yes, it's a very long shot to think that the Chiefs will man up and beat the Broncos, but saying things like "there's no way" the Chiefs win is just dumb. It's a Division game and a chance to ruin the end of the regular season for a hated Divisional rival in a way that would get the attention of the entire NFL. There was "no way" that the 2--12 Jags beat the Pats on Sunday, but they were in the Red Zone and a completion away from sending that game into the land of OT, where anything is possible.

2) Chuck Pagano is returning to the sidelines on Sunday for the first time in three months, after successfully beating back Leukemia, hopefully permanently. If you think the Colts are going to "mail" that game in, I've got a Christmas Day bargain price for you on a slightly used bridge in lower Manhattan with a great view of Brooklyn.

I agree on both points, even though the chances of the Chiefs to pull an upset on the road at Mile High are slim. With that said, let's not forget the loss they handed last year to the undefeated Packers. A loss that shocked the whole league.

With regards to the Colts.... Again, I agree. Playing for the home coming coach, at home, in front of their fan base, against a divisional rival... I'll bet my balls here saying they will come out in full force. Who knows, Foster may not be back for the game either. The colts/Texans is a 50/50 game that can go either way.

I know long-range forecasts are dicey, but the NOAA site (scroll down) has Sunday temps going from 35 to 19 with a fair chance of snow :D Mmm, frozen seafood...

NOAA National Weather Service

Last edited:
I know long-range forecasts are dicey, but the NOAA site (scroll down) has Sunday temps going from 35 to 19 with a fair chance of snow :D Mmm, frozen seafood...

NOAA National Weather Service

Thanks. That certainly favors the good guys; but, after the last two weeks, the Pats have to show that they can put the fish away by halftime, whether it's 70 degrees with a balmy breeze or 20 degrees and the sleet is falling.

I don't agree with those who would "rest" the starters, unless, of course, Brady's hand or shoulder really are hurting, as many have suggested, but no one actually knows. They're rapidly running out of "tomorrows."

It's almost January. They don't have any more time to "get it together." Several other teams that haven't sniffed an SB berth for a long time are hungrily scratching at the door.

Last edited:
I think the most toughest game will be pats vs fins. Our oline has struggled in 3 of last 4 games with brady getting hit repeatedly ,we dont know the status of his hand injury and our D is injured .
Fins front 7 gave us a lot of trouble last time. For some reason we are all assuming fins will roll over if we play the starters. Thats why Iam not all that hung up on texans winning. Worst is to play for the bye and not get it via a loss and take a beat up team next week into the wild card weekend. I think BB is going to rest anyone who is mildly injured and take his chances with whatever happens.

Last edited:
Reggie Wayne quote: "We're too young to rest," the veteran receiver said. "We probably need to put everybody out there and have them continue to play. I don't think we can afford (to rest).

"I can't speak for everybody, but I'm built to play."

I like that this may work to the benefit of the Patriots (IF they do what Wayne wants and especially IF they win). However, I LOVE players with this kind of attitude. That's a Patriot attitude!
No matter a guy's talent level, when he plays in the NFL with that kind of attitude it's a benefit to his own success, a benefit to his team/teammates and a benefit to the game/fans. Kudos to Reggie Wayne....

I think the most toughest game will be pats vs fins. Our oline has struggled in 3 of last 4 games with brady getting hit repeatedly ,we dont know the status of his hand injury and our D is injured .
Fins front 7 gave us a lot of trouble last time. For some reason we are all assuming fins will roll over if we play the starters. Thats why Iam not all that hung up on texans winning. Worst is to play for the bye and not get it via a loss and take a beat up team next week into the wild card weekend. I think BB is going to rest anyone who is mildly injured and take his chances with whatever happens.

It's understandable for fans to work under the assumption that the Patriots will win. Under BB I'd guess the Patriots win at a .750 clip. Why wouldn't we expect the Patriots to beat a 'just about 500' team? Yet your post is a cold hard dose of truth. As mentioned the OL is playing sub par. Further, 3 out of the last 4 games have been anything but dominating wins/performances. So while I expect the Patriots to win, considering the Colts have nothing really to play for and the Chiefs are in Denver while incapable of scoring points, our game's result is the most uncertain.
However, I disagree with you on not worrying about the Texans' result and playing with whoever is healthy enough/rolling the dice. IF the Texans lose --that is a big if considering the Colts are not playing well on either side of the ball-- the Patriots need to throw in everything but the kitchen sink to win the game. If that results in a deflating loss or results in key guys hurting even more? It will have to be risked imho. Getting that bye gets us an extra week to rest players, an extra week for BB and staff to concentrate on the next likely opponent and sets up a possible ideal opponent for the first game in Foxboro (given the state of the 3-6 seeds, there is a fair chance we end up with a struggling Texans team or a not implausible chance we end up with an iffy Colts team). That is simply too attractive a scenario to pass up any chance at.
If the Texans do win? Given the highly unlikely victory by the Chiefs I then completely agree. BB should go with the players that don't really need some rest/recuperation and see if he can win (I'm not unconvinced he didn't do that with the Jags to a small degree).

Imagine if the Chiefs and Colts win? (and the Pats of course). I have to work New Years Eve and if the all three games play out the way I hope, I'll have to make a impromptu NYE day before celebration...

Last edited:
Weather update for Sunday @ Foxboro:

High 20s with snow showers :)

Welcome to New England, Phins :D

Was Ind/Hou flexed as well?

Well if Houston and Baltimore win expect to see Mallett at QB and a secondary of Arrington, Cole, Chung and Wilson.

Pats/Colts

Don't you mean if HOUSTON wins AND Baltimore loses?

After all, if Ravens win and the Pats lose then the Pats drop down a seed.

This exact point could also be used as a reason the Dolphins could beat the Pats. Wouldn't that be terrible? .....if the Chiefs somehow do find a way to beat the Broncos but then the Pats still lose.

Nope, its his personal version of Suck for Luck.... he apparently wants to be the 4 seed instead of the 3

Either way it's a bad strategy. Without knowing the outcome of the Broncos game you have to play to win. Can you imagine how stupid we'd look if the Broncos were upset by KC and instead of getting the 2 seed and a bye, we tanked our game and fall to 3 again?

Last edited:
This exact point could also be used as a reason the Dolphins could beat the Pats. Wouldn't that be terrible? .....if the Chiefs somehow do find a way to beat the Broncos but then the Pats still lose.

100%, especially after being "extended" literally to the final play of the game by a 2--13 team on Sunday. This is the Dolphins SB; they're fighting for a 0.500 record.

100%, especially after being "extended" literally to the final play of the game by a 2--13 team on Sunday. This is the Dolphins SB; they're fighting for a 0.500 record.

The Pats are EVERYONE's Superbowl.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes