PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Dolphins flexed to 4:25 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they not flex Texans-Colts to the late game instead? It's a much better game, it features Andrew Luck, TWO playoff teams. This is ******ed. What am I missing?
Because the Game means nothing to the Colts and they have the rep for layin' down on games at the end of a season when they mean nothing to them...If Indy plays to win..it'll surprise me

Texans have never won in indy, hopefully the trend continues.

Texans have never won in indy, hopefully the trend continues.

Oh boy another "never". Well there goes the only hope we had. Now it's a lock Houston will win.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the Broncos/Chiefs game. Is it likely the Chiefs win no, but people need to remember that. If that game is close the Pats stay with starters
This is true...we can wait that extra 15 min until Denver is up by 21 ten min into the game...lol

Doesn't change much for us. We still have to play to win in case the Broncos lose, wish that game could've been moved to 1. Because if Broncos and Houston both won we cuold have treated this like a bye week, maybe even get a loss to move down to #4 if Ravens win.

Last edited:
broncos aren't losing to KC..so if houston wins at 1...rest starters..if they lose...pedal to the floor for a bye

So we'll know if we're playing for a bye, basically, since the Broncos aren't going to lose to KC. Not bad.

It's a long shot, but after watching a superior Pats team get taken to the last plays of the game by a motivated 2--13 team today, I wouldn't be so fast to say that about the KC/DEN game.

When Denver played @KC this year, it was a five point game or so until the final minute.

Anything can happen in the NFL as a general rule but Anything can really happen in a Division game; in this case, there is no love lost between the Chiefs and Broncos and nothing would please KC more than to ruin the end of Denver's regular season.

Long shot? Yeah, of course it is...but...

It's a long shot, but after watching a superior Pats team get taken to the last plays of the game by a motivated 2--13 team today, I wouldn't be so fast to say that about the KC/DEN game.

When Denver played @KC this year, it was a five point game or so until the final minute.

Anything can happen in the NFL as a general rule but Anything can really happen in a Division game; in this case, there is no love lost between the Chiefs and Broncos and nothing would please KC more than to ruin the end of Denver's regular season.

It's in denver..98% chance of a W there..which is why we will know at 4 weather to rest starters or not

The only thing is Jville actually has a competent QB. Henne is no world beater but he's always seemed to give us some trouble. KC has Brady Quinn who I have no idea how he manages to stay a starter, it's mind boggling regardless of how bad Cassel is. I see no way they can beat a good team by playing 10 on 11, because that's essentially what they're doing with Quinn at QB.

The only thing is Jville actually has a competent QB. Henne is no world beater but he's always seemed to give us some trouble. KC has Brady Quinn who I have no idea how he manages to stay a starter, it's mind boggling regardless of how bad Cassel is. I see no way they can beat a good team by playing 10 on 11, because that's essentially what they're doing with Quinn at QB.

Denver will win by more than 20 in that game

Not sure I agree with that, but I hope you are right.

Hopefully, the fact that it is a division game will inspire the Colts to try and deprive Houston of a bye.

I want to believe that Indy would see value in hurting the playoff position of a division rival and potential rematch opponent.

I loved this game being moved since the Vikes were supposed to play at Noon against the Packers.... until that game got moved to an 3:25 PM CST start time. Argh.

Why would they not flex Texans-Colts to the late game instead? It's a much better game, it features Andrew Luck, TWO playoff teams. This is ******ed. What am I missing?

Why the hell are you complaining? This FAVORS the Patriots.

Because the Game means nothing to the Colts and they have the rep for layin' down on games at the end of a season when they mean nothing to them...If Indy plays to win..it'll surprise me

That's what would of happened under the Polian era.

It's in denver..98% chance of a W there..which is why we will know at 4 weather to rest starters or not

I'm pretty well aware of that as it's kind of been the topic of the thread; my point was not to be so sure about the outcome of KC/DEN. That's another long shot, but I had the Jags game as "95%" in a game day post and it turned out that we didn't know the outcome for sure until Chung's second pick, after we'd let them put up 202 yards in the first quarter.

However, if Brady is hurting, Belichick might have to decide to rest him even if KC pulls off the miracle. We've lost a Wild Card and a Division game in Foxboro in two of the last three seasons to be one and done. IMO, it's more important to get to a second game in Denver than run any risks with Brady and put everything at risk in the Wild Card game. This will be Miami's Super Bowl and give them a chance to have a 0.500 season; they will leave nothing in the locker room or on the field.

Last edited:
I want to believe that Indy would see value in hurting the playoff position of a division rival and potential rematch opponent.

Argument for Indy resting players:
- It's more important to give banged-up players an extra week of rest so they're healthier for the playoffs.
- Don't want to risk Luck or anyone else that's important getting hurt.
- Nothing to play for seeding-wise.

Argument against Indy resting players:
- The lesson from Indy's playoff past is that resting players actually hurts come playoff time.
- Head coach is back - should be an emotional game.
- Want to head into the playoffs with some momentum, and beating the Texans would be a huge confidence boost.
- Rhythm and timing stay on track if they play; it's hurt if they don't.

All told, I bet Indy splits the baby and plays their starters for the first half and sees how it goes. From that point they might determine whether to sit guys in the second half. Hopefully they have a big lead by then and bury the Texans. :)

I don't see Denver losing at home to KC, even if KC is capable of running the ball well against the Broncos. They'd need some crazy stuff to happen to win that game.

You have the facts on your side, which is very annoying, but it's a Division rivalry. In other words, far, far stranger things have happened in the NFL.

Also, what I am about to say is completely unscientific and unsupported by the records of either KC or DEN and, indeed, betrays virtually everything factual that I've learned in 50 or so years of following the NFL since the days of Chuck Bednarik, BUT, I'll say it anyway: Denver has now won 10 in a row; my gut is that they are good, but not that good and I think they might be ready to lose a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back