PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Dolphins flexed to 4:25 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP-Logick

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
CBS will also move MIA-NE to 4:25 so that the AFC seeds can't be completely locked in by the 1 pm results.

Didn't expect that, but okay...

So the Pats will know the likelihood of Houston losing before they kickoff, and will force the Broncos to play to win.

That helps.

Last edited:

It only makes sense to me if they also moved Texans/Colts to 4:25 start also. To go along with Broncos/Chiefs

So the Pats will know the likelihood of Houston losing before they kickoff, and will force the Broncos to play to win.

That helps.

So we'll know if we're playing for a bye, basically, since the Broncos aren't going to lose to KC. Not bad.

Why would they not flex Texans-Colts to the late game instead? It's a much better game, it features Andrew Luck, TWO playoff teams. This is ******ed. What am I missing?

Was Ind/Hou flexed as well?

Well if Houston and Baltimore win expect to see Mallett at QB and a secondary of Arrington, Cole, Chung and Wilson.

Pats/Colts

Why would they not flex Texans-Colts to the late game instead? It's a much better game, it features Andrew Luck, TWO playoff teams. This is ******ed. What am I missing?

Come on put your tin foil hat on. It's obvious Robert Kraft called up Goddell and told him to move the game so Bill could coach according to the result of the Houston/Indy game.

Indy win= Brady, Gronk and all hands on deck
Houston win= Mallet and the 2nd string defense in the 2nd quarter

Last edited:

RATINGS. Plus it now forces Denver/NE to have to "play" to win. And also forces Texans to play to win.

Houston win= Mallet and the 2nd string defense in the 2nd quarter

Denver/KC going on at the same time. Really depends on that game.

It only makes sense to me if they also moved Texans/Colts to 4:25 start also. To go along with Broncos/Chiefs
I think the Colts are going to lay down and rest everyone just like they did in the undefeated season....I hope they keep the Texans game at 1pm so we know the result by our game time. I think alot will change in if and when OUR players are rested if the Texans have won and everything is pretty much etched in stone...

I like this. It gives the Pats advantage to know the results before their game starts. Hoping very much for a Texans choke. This would give the Pats the bye with a win.

I love this, now if Houston wins vs. Indy Bill will know whether we can rest more guys that are dinged up. I wouldn't rest too many guys, though, since it usually leads to a lot of rust in the playoffs.

I think the Colts are going to lay down and rest everyone just like they did in the undefeated season....I hope they keep the Texans game at 1pm so we know the result by our game time. I think alot will change in if and when OUR players are rested if the Texans have won and everything is pretty much etched in stone...

Everyone seems to be forgetting the Broncos/Chiefs game. Is it likely the Chiefs win no, but people need to remember that. If that game is close the Pats stay with starters

The Polian regime is gone, with the coach returning from cancer they aren't about to lie down at home.

Denver/KC going on at the same time. Really depends on that game.

No it depends on that Houston/Indy game. Denver will have that game put away by halftime. KC ran for 352 yards today and could only put 13 points up.

The Polian regime is gone, with the coach returning from cancer they aren't about to lie down at home.

Not sure I agree with that, but I hope you are right.

Hopefully, the fact that it is a division game will inspire the Colts to try and deprive Houston of a bye.

And what else I love so much about this- now, no matter what, our injured/dinged up/fatigued guys will have one week of rest at some point.

Whether it's the Colts winning and we get the bye week or if Houston wins we can rest players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes