PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Dolphins flexed to 4:25 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter. Romeo and Pioli are going to be gone. Why would they tank the game for the next head coach and GM to get a better pick. They played the Colts down to the wire yesterday. Romeo has too much pride to tank a game for a pick especially when he won't be with the team next year.

You need to go back and read what I was responding to.

Try it.

You need to go back and read what I was responding to.

Try it.

Sorry, I didn't read the other post. I was reading bottom to top. Just put my response to the post you responded to.

Maybe some weather Sunday.

You have the facts on your side, which is very annoying, but it's a Division rivalry. In other words, far, far stranger things have happened in the NFL.

Also, what I am about to say is completely unscientific and unsupported by the records of either KC or DEN and, indeed, betrays virtually everything factual that I've learned in 50 or so years of following the NFL since the days of Chuck Bednarik, BUT, I'll say it anyway: Denver has now won 10 in a row; my gut is that they are good, but not that good and I think they might be ready to lose a game.

You're right about the rivalry part. I think the game will be a close one, I just unfortunately don't see any way Brady Quinn puts up enough points. When it comes to Manning vs. Quinn down the stretch, unless the rest of KC puts on a heck of a performance it's very hard for me to see a Chiefs win :(

Huh??? By next Sunday at 4:30 the Patriots will know where they stand. If the Texans win then the only significance for the Patriots/Miami game will be if the Ravens beat the Bengals in Cincy. If the Ravens win next Sunday the Patriots need to beat Miami in order to keep the 3 seed.
If that is the scenario then Belichick has a decision to make re: just how important is winning that game to keep the 3 seed vs. resting his tired and beat up football team. I say if the Patriots can't get a 1st round bye then BB needs to rest his core players next week. Having the NFL switch that game to later in the day is huge for the Pats.

Not true at all. So sick of seeing the garbage. Pats game will matter no matter what the outcome of the Texans game. Broncos play at the same time.

It's in denver..98% chance of a W there..which is why we will know at 4 weather to rest starters or not

Okay if they rest starters and say the Broncos lose and Pats lose. Everyone saying they should rest the starters will be here *****ing non stop.

Well the good thing is that the Pats/Phins game has been flex to 4:15. That means that if the Texans end up winning their 1pm matchup against the Colts, the Pats can sit their starters, as they will be locked into the 3 spot.

If the Colts end up sticking it to the Texans, for their home-coming coach, in front of their home crowd, we will be forced to start our first team so we can get the #2 spot.

We got lucky with that flex. It will give us the answer as to whether Brady & Co. should play or rest.

Well the good thing is that the Pats/Phins game has been flex to 4:15. That means that if the Texans end up winning their 1pm matchup against the Colts, the Pats can sit their starters, as they will be locked into the 3 spot.

This is incorrect. If the Texans win, the best the patriots can be is the number 3 seed. However, even if the Texans win and the patriots rest their starters, the patriots could still LOSE and end up the number 4 seed as the ravens have the tie breaker over us (both teams would be 11-5 assuming the ravens win).

Okay if they rest starters and say the Broncos lose and Pats lose. Everyone saying they should rest the starters will be here *****ing non stop.

broncos lose if manning gets hurt 1st drive...if he even gets hurt in the 2nd qtr..they still win....denver is winning..i think texans have a real shot at losing unless indy rests starters

This is incorrect. If the Texans win, the best the patriots can be is the number 3 seed. However, even if the Texans win and the patriots rest their starters, the patriots could still LOSE and end up the number 4 seed as the ravens have the tie breaker over us (both teams would be 11-5 assuming the ravens win).

Thats also incorrect. Even if the Texans win the Broncos still have to win to secure the #2 seed. If they lose and Pats win Pats get #2.

Thats also incorrect. Even if the Texans win the Broncos still have to win to secure the #2 seed. If they lose and Pats win Pats get #2.

what he is saying is denver is a lock to win and they are..so don't even worry about that game..lets just worry about texans

Good point. Forgot about those scums (sorry couldn't help myself with that team :rolleyes: )

honestly, the broncos beating the chiefs is a given. we don't have to even think about that. bottom line is the pats can be any of the 1-4 seeds. we are not a lock for anything, even once all the 1 PM games are finished.

like brady said the seedings are irrelevant now. they have to play better football period. they have to go into this weekend's game and treat it like a playoff game. if they get the number 1 seed and play like they did in Jacksonville, they will be one and done.

Last edited:

I have a better chance of banging Gisele than the Chiefs eaking out a win at Mile High...

what he is saying is denver is a lock to win and they are..so don't even worry about that game..lets just worry about texans

Last year the Houston Texans were a lock to beat the 1-13 Colts. How did that turn out?

so glad this game is flexed now I dont have to wake up at midnight for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back