PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Defense, Did They Do Enough This Off-season?

Can I ask why so many people appear so high on Francis? I felt like the one game in which he excelled was against the dolphins and he benefited from Chandler Jones having a huge impact on the other side. Don't get me wrong I thought he did well for a UDFA but I don't see his ceiling being as high as some in here express.

Am I missing something because I don't claim to be an expert in football so if someone can provide me with informative information I'm all hears and open to constructive criticism.

I'm not high on Francis. I can think of one nice game he had. I only included him because so many people here seem to think that he's got tremendous upside. Hope they're right.

It is really interesting to me how the great forgotten player by all of us is Marcus Benard.

Even in Steve Balestrieri's article that has been posted in OP he is forgotten (not the only one, tough, as Koutovides, Tarpinian, Rivera, Forston and the 3 UDFA DTs are not mentioned as 7 upfront players in roster now).

To me Benard is this year "Trevor Scott":

- a veteran player not very aged (Scott was 28 last year in August, Benard will be 28 this July),
- that 3 years before has had a very good season (Scott in 2009 Raiders = 16 games played, 6 games started, 7 sacks, 33 tackles; Benard in 2010 Browns = 15 games played, 2 games started, 7.5 sacks, 16 tackles),
- that have been injuried 2 years before (Scott in 2010 tore ACL; Benard had a motorcycle accident in 2011) and
- that perhaps now are enough healthy to have a second chance.

Parallelisms are so high that I can`t figure out why Marcus Benard is not even mentioned as a possible player to stick in final roster. I guest is because has been a long time ago he has not played that everyone has forgotten about him as a football player.

In fact, I believe he is the main reason that explain why T. Scott has been not re-signed.

I'm truly interested to follow his development in this offseason. Hopefully, Patriots have found another solid player.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back