PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Day Two Draft thread (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you jumped the gun there a bit smart man. All I meant is that I begin to get excited as we near a pick and then it's delayed. In realize it may be in the best interest of the team to wheel and deal, but it can be painful as a fan to watch and wait. I don't think that's an awful point to make. I certainly don't think it has anything to do with intelligence. Please God, stop being so thrifty when handing out tolerance for opposing opinions.

The internet is a great place. Some guys act tough and hide behind their keyboards and others try to put down someone's intelligence without knowing a damn thing about them. You jumped the gun and attacked me personally. You're a POS!

You are correct, I may have jumped the gun and attacked you personally. My bad. Truth be told, you are not the source of my frustration. I'm just tired of all the negativity both in the media and on these boards attacking BB's methods when in fact, his methods rock.

He may not nail every pick but nobody does. The draft is far from an exact science. But he navigates the draft like a crafty kid ripping off the cpu on Madden. It's a beautiful thing to watch. If you're not capable of seeing that perhaps you need to adjust your perspective.

Peace from a POS

I'm really liking this day so far. Gronkowski was OK, but I was worried about getting an OLB. I was pumped for Spikes.

If by sexy you mean a big time playmaker on a big time program who makes big plays in big games, then yes, it's sexy.

And I love it. :)

Bingo! players drafted from big schools tend to draw more praise even if they aren't better than a player from a smaller school... Not saying spikes is chopped liver but its a pretty sexy pick as far as BB goes. I just hope his game speed makes up for the 40 time cuz 5.06 is pretty slow. And i don't swear by the 40 but it is what it is.

Interesting RT by Albert Breer. Spikes is dating Doc River's daughter.

Like the possibility that he'll be ready coming out of training camp????

Hopefully. The Pats did say after his surgery that they expected him to be back for the start of the season. Based on the medical journal studies I read on ACL injuries to RBs and WRs, it is within the timeframe of what the study found a WR could return to play.

Like the possibility that he'll be ready coming out of training camp????

Or the fact that J Tate looked good of what they saw from him. People forget he would probably been a mid 1st to early 2nd rounder had he not injured his knee.

Well, this draft has been excellent so far IMO, although I'll admit Cunningham wasn't on my Pats board. I can see the positives in each player and can't wait to see them in action -- especially Gronko! And I guess round three is where the WR resides...

Brandon Spikes reminds me a lot of what people were saying about David Harris. Slow (but who cares?) with amazing linebacker instincts and a big time thumper.

Take a look at the 1980's Giants linebacker corps. Billy Belichick is re-constructing his linebacker corps right now with Mayo, Spikes, McKenzie coming back, Cunningham, etc.

No Hardy for NE :(:(:(

Interesting RT by Albert Breer. Spikes is dating Doc River's daughter.

Wow. That is very interesting. Wonder if BB knew that when they were scouting him. Wouldn't put it past him.

Or the fact that J Tate looked good of what they saw from him. People forget he would probably been a mid 1st to early 2nd rounder had he not injured his knee.

I think you mean Brandon Tate. And I haven't forgotten. But even with Tate, the Pats need another WR to develop.

Guyton goes to OLB depth, Mayo and Spikes/McKenzie as ILB's

So... when do we get rid of AD? Git!!... Git to Gittin'!!!

I think you mean Brandon Tate. And I haven't forgotten. But even with Tate, the Pats need another WR to develop.

Lot of Tates this year. You are right though. I'd like to see Gilyard at 89 or sooner go to us.

Which could still be found later on down the road...

I think its less about Welker and more that they are very high on Brandon Tate.

Bingo. And the fact that O'Brien wants to use the tight end more. We really just need 3 solid receivers in most packages - Moss, Holt, and Edelman/Welker. Tate backing them up on the outside. I don't see the huge need for receiver right now.

Am I correct that (assuming) BB got the players he wanted, plus two free 3rds? and a fifth?

Outside of whatever else shuffled, is that right?

Also, why do people go nuts over the combine time? Those guys are knicked all the time and that's hardly the only time they run the 40. Took me no time at all to find a site saying he's run 4.7 and lower. Not a gazelle, but...

Last edited:
Guyton goes to OLB depth, Mayo and Spikes/McKenzie as ILB's

So... when do we get rid of AD? Git!!... Git to Gittin'!!!

If McKenzie and Spikes develop and are strong vs the run, not sure where GG plays in this D.

Last edited:
Everson griffen is still there what is the knock on him? I'm sure a few of u draftniks out there have the scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back