PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Day Two Draft thread (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Spikes lighting a fire under the entire Gators defense:
YouTube - Brandon Spikes

"Look at my eyes, man. I'm ready to die for y'all. I'm going to leave it out there for you all, my brothers"

I have a feeling I'll be buying a Spikes jersey soon.

Last edited:
If McKenzie and Spikes develop and are strong vs the run, not sure where GG plays in this D.

Guyton becomes the "Roman Phifer" of the group. Guyton could also be moved to OLB where he played in college.

Raiders did well for themselves so far. Nice draft Al, is McCoy next?

remember back when we were all beggin the pats to take a WR. Well, exactly one has come off the board since the 1st round, not counting mcluster. Lots of talent still there, glad we did not over draft. getting tougher to type as the beers are starting to pile up here

Last edited:
yah, I think they need a WR or two, DE, RB, C

DE could be deaderick or jones
RB I was hoping for hardesty, but maybe dixon if htey can
wr there are tons of them d williams, shipley, decker, sanders,

I know they liked scott long from louisville whose numbers were great but for some reason is projected as a 5th round pick.

Really psyched about groncowski...blue collar guy from pitt who runs like a gazelle...6'6" loves to block, if his back is ok, and i assume it is, then it's a great pick. One scout called him RoboTE, as in he's the prototype.

cough Johnathan Dwyer steal xough

So we've taken an ILB and OLB. Does that proclude us from taking another OLB here? Is it too much to take a Teo-Neisham or Corey Wootton? We could do with a wide receiver but Moss, Edelman, Tate, Gronkowski, Holt looks okay until Welker is back healthy. Not to mention we could pick up Branch. I get the feeling we trade one of the 3rd rounders for a 2nd next year.

This is great, 6 picks already and only Asamoah is gone(from the guys who I had interest in)

We can still have, Griffin, Gilyard, Decker, Sapp, Hardy, Williams

Guyton becomes the "Roman Phifer" of the group. Guyton could also be moved to OLB where he played in college.

RP was excellent vs the run. GG doesnt have the power.

I like him but you need to stop the run in this D.

I seem to remember that Spikes pro-day run was on grass...in the rain. Besides when will he be required to run 40 yard? Bill knows how to draft for defense so I have to believe that Spikes will overcome is (possible) speed limitations.

Looking like a solid draft guys.

The Patriots are being re-tooled in front of our eyes.

Note also that there are none of those trade down for picks next year; this is the bumper crop year and BB is taking advantage of it.

Seriously, who cares about 40 times. How many times does an ILB have to run 40 yards in a straight line during a season?

I'm huge on Sapp. Very surprised he is still there.

Sapp is a binky, would like to see Wooten, my wildcard should not come up yet, but maybe in the 5th, Geathers from South Carolina,

Spikes + Cunningham. Patriots type players. Some should be happy with the Spikes pick at least. If he had come out in 2009 he would never have gotten past the 1st round.

Your right about that, last year after the draft people here were salivating at the prospect of getting Spikes.

Packers taking Sapp....

So what are we going to do with all these picks?

We have 10 (I think) left.

Move up?

4 of the Picks can't be traded.

2-3rds
1-4th
1-5th
1-6th (can't be traded)
5-7th (3 can't be traded)

The Pats may trade the two 7ths for picks next year.. But, other than that, I expect them to use them to add depth players who will compete at camp.

People seem to forget that the special teams kick coverage wasn't exactly great last year. We had a couple of stand out guys in Arrington and Lockett, but other than that, the coverage unit was horrible. It was only Gostkowski kicking better that allowed the Pats to give opponents about the same field position as the year before.

Man, this is a traders draft. Every team wants something different among a lot of decent talent.

Anyone catch Taylor Mays words regarding Pete Carroll. What an epic douche bag that kid is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back