PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots ask for permission to speak with Josh McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
RapSheet just retweeted this from Breer:

And that according to NFL rules, they can add him to the staff for the playoffs!

Why on God's green Earth would you want to add this schmuck for the playoff's? So he can force the long ball while Brady gets killed by a pass rush? I pray KC gives him an offer he can't refuse.

This is good info and shows the spin you had in prior comments. Somehow you use the excuse that the Rams had the league's worst offense due to injuries, however upon closer inspection most of those injuries occurred after week 8 when the Rams already had the league's worst offense and a 0-8 or 1-7 record, and now you submitted that Steven Jackson played almost every game and had a good season. So what's your next excuse for why the offense was worse than the Chiefs, Colts, and Vikings who also had terrible QB's playing and injuries? And if you bring up the lockout, rookies like Andy Dalton seemed to have no problem picking up a completely new system.

So Sam Bradford missing six games didn't play into it? The fact the players didn't get McDaniels' playbook til the first day of camp didn't play into it?

BTW, am I speaking to maverick04. Only he would argue some of the stuff you are arguing and you started to post not long after he was banned for life.

Last edited:
although i LOVE the McD move....i love it for NEXT season

he should not be around for this playoff run, and BoB should stay until this run is over

if BoB does NOT stay then we can discuss Josh, but so long as we have an OC, do NOT bring in McD, just get him signed for next year

This is good info and shows the spin you had in prior comments. Somehow you use the excuse that the Rams had the league's worst offense due to injuries, however upon closer inspection most of those injuries occurred after week 8 when the Rams already had the league's worst offense and a 0-8 or 1-7 record, and now you submitted that Steven Jackson played almost every game and had a good season. So what's your next excuse for why the offense was worse than the Chiefs, Colts, and Vikings who also had terrible QB's playing and injuries? And if you bring up the lockout, rookies like Andy Dalton seemed to have no problem picking up a completely new system.

Rams offense sucks mainly because the receivers and OL are complete garbage. Add that to a young QB learning a new system and you'd really be hard pressed to succeed.

although i LOVE the McD move....i love it for NEXT season

he should not be around for this playoff run, and BoB should stay until this run is over

if BoB does NOT stay then we can discuss Josh, but so long as we have an OC, do NOT bring in McD, just get him signed for next year

BoB will be here for the playoffs (Kraft already confirmed that) and McDaniels will not take over the play calling until next year. He might consult though. BoB isn't going to leave when he has a shot at a ring.

Rams offense sucks mainly because the receivers and OL are complete garbage. Add that to a young QB learning a new system and you'd really be hard pressed to succeed.

Learning a system with no offseason. Let's not forget that. He got McDaniels' playbook the first day of camp.

Git'er dun BB. I'm not the biggest McDaniels fan, but the idea of having another newbie coordinator during Brady's prime years disenchants me. Brady's 34 I believe, and while he might be sensational till he's 40 or 45, we should naturally assume that his window is getting smaller. Now, if we could only lure Romeo back here too.

It goes back to the infamous coaching vs. execution debate. In SB42, I'm going to have to err on the side of execution. It's never a good sign when Justin Tuck is making your best offensive lineman his *****.

Very valid point. Though I would counter with where I felt the coaching side disappointed but I'm sure neither of us want to derail the thread, so we'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Why on God's green Earth would you want to add this schmuck for the playoff's? So he can force the long ball while Brady gets killed by a pass rush? I pray KC gives him an offer he can't refuse.

Big fan of Josh McD then? :rolleyes:

If McDaniels does join by next weekend for the Divisional game. I think he'll be in a coaches box getting an idea on how the O works. Obviously it's much more different from the one he left a couple of years ago and he'll be able to see how it works up close rather than watching it on film.

Just get Brady to do the interview. Would be easier.

TB: I want the Passing Yards record, can you help ?
McD: Yes
TB: I want the QB rating record, can you help ?
TB: Can you help get Ocho to get 1,000 yards ?
TB: Can you persuade Welker to extend his contract ?

Now NFLN is reporting that the Patriots have asked for and received permission to talk to Josh and will do so this weekend...

Really that is where you went? And you are calling others ignorant? Cincy runs a route based scheme i.e. each receiver is assigned a route and they run it. McDaniels runs a read and react scheme that requires the WR and the QB to read the defense the exact same way.

And the injuries to the WR's and Bradford did not start in Week 8. Clayton started the season on the PUP and only played in two games. Amendola went down in week 4, Bradford's injuries started in Week 1, he left the game against the Eagles. He played in 10 games all season. Mike Sims-Walker didn't pan out like they thought and he was released and they traded for LLoyd in week 6. The WR position was a revolving door and injury riddled from day 1. To not take that into account is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
This news makes me very happy. JMD provides some continuity and this is better than starting over again only to have the new guy leave in 3 seasons. Not sure what JMD's future holds but it's a given that if BOB's successor does well he'll be gone immediately too. If this brings Brandon Lloyd to NE even better :rocker:

I hope this happens. I never wanted McDaniels to leave in the first place.

If McDaniels comes back, it is nothing but good news IMHO....

a) continuity
b) no learning curve
c) just my opinion but I always thought McD was better than BOB

and if true the whole Brandon Llyod thing would just be icing on the cake.

Get it done BB.

If McDaniels comes back, it is nothing but good news IMHO....

a) continuity
b) no learning curve
c) just my opinion but I always thought McD was better than BOB

and if true the whole Brandon Llyod thing would just be icing on the cake.

Get it done BB.

I agree. If we can get Lloyd and retain Welker, BJGE and maybe Koppen, I think we could then keep one of Branch or Ochocinco and use our 2 1st and our 2 2nd on defense.

Really that is where you went? And you are calling others ignorant? Cincy runs a route based scheme i.e. each receiver is assigned a route and they run it. McDaniels runs a read and react scheme that requires the WR and the QB to read the defense the exact same way.

And the injuries to the WR's and Bradford did not start in Week 8. Clayton started the season on the PUP and only played in two games. Amendola went down in week 4, Bradford's injuries started in Week 1, he left the game against the Eagles. He played in 10 games all season. Mike Sims-Walker didn't pan out like they thought and he was released and they traded for LLoyd in week 6. The WR position was a revolving door and injury riddled from day 1. To not take that into account is simply ridiculous.

And here's the kicker—someone actually asked Bradford: given the choice, he'd rather play in McDaniels' system than his predecessor's.

Patriots given permission to speak with Josh McDaniels...

Using NSA's Echelon system which I as an Internet Engineer hacked, I picked up the following...

JMcD: Hello, who is this?

BB: Josh I've been granted permission to speak with you by St Louis.

JMcD: Yes Bill, good to hear from you. About that Denver ga...

BB: Precisely Josh. GFY! Big time!

SLAM!!!

Dialtone

Last edited:
2005 Class reunion @ Gillette Stadium, 2012 to 2013.

If Josh comes to NE, Branch will be extended at least a 1 year contract.

Guaranteed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back