PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

...just asking...did you use them to get over Bledsoe?

What makes you assume I had to "get over" Bledsoe? I was perfectly happy with Tom taking over.

What makes you assume I had to "get over" Bledsoe? I was perfectly happy with Tom taking over.
Clearly Bledsoe was a far more talented QB then…others but the real value he brought to the team was to usher in uniforms that had a more correct Patriot color scheme.

Clearly Bledsoe was a far more talented QB then…others but the real value he brought to the team was to usher in uniforms that had a more correct Patriot color scheme.
There's no red here
Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

I agree... and it's really too bad. It makes me wonder if Bill feels it's best to just reset at the QB position. Mac wants to be with Josh and Josh wants a cheap QB who can be productive in his system. Bill can get a decent pick back, sign his own former QB-in-waiting Jimmy G (who is still only 31) and use their pretty nice draft haul and cap space this year to rebuild.

If they got a 2nd back for Mac they'd have #14, two 2nds, a 3rd, three 4ths, a 5th, three 6ths and a 7th, which is quite a sum of picks.

We're just like 20 other teams. Resetting the QB position every few years, hoping to catch a franchise qb. There are only 12 or so out there at any given time.

If true then my thoughts on this are...

1. Who does Mac think he is? Look at your stats buddy.

2. Belichick really f*cked up his 1st round quarterback. Discarded his (fake) pro bowl rookie season playbook for a rudimentary one. Hired a really bad head coach as an OC with no experience. Hired a really bad head coach as a QB coach with no experience. Benched his favorite receiver. And benched him ten seconds into a game he probably shouldn't have even started. Nice f'ing job.

BB put Joe Judge as QB coach (zero QB coaching experience) and Matt P as OC (who has zero OC experience...... had been a DC and HC before).

And then we wonder how our decent rookie QB regressed in his 2nd season.

Mac Jones was saying in May that he's looking forward to teaching his QB coach about the position. We could see the disaster unfolding even back then.

This is all on BB's head. His bad decisions have led to this.

This is an excellent video -- and the case could be made even more if you look at the run game: watching Rhamondre Stevens being tackled behind the line of scrimmage because defenders were simply not blocked. With such a dysfunctional offensive line, it's no wonder the quarterback couldn't time and target his throws.

1 person threw the ball

The interconnected, interdependent nature of football as a team sport is a great subject for your remedial education.

After reading the article in the globe about the dysfunction with the offense and how bad Patricia /judge were I don't know how anyone can still place all the blame at Macs feet and that he needs to go. You almost have to give the season a mulligan because you can't truly analyze him or anyone in that poor situation

Now if he doesn't improve with Bill O'brien then I think we can have that discussion. But Bill threw away a year of evaluation and development so he could hire a couple buddies and not pay them a salary...

After reading the article in the globe about the dysfunction with the offense and how bad Patricia /judge were I don't know how anyone can still place all the blame at Macs feet and that he needs to go. You almost have to give the season a mulligan because you can't truly analyze him or anyone in that poor situation

Now if he doesn't improve with Bill O'brien then I think we can have that discussion. But Bill threw away a year of evaluation and development so he could hire a couple buddies and not pay them a salary...
That was a Herald story. Not the Glob.

That's what I meant. I don't know how the anti Mac group can still put this season on his shoulders and that he needs to go

If anything you need to find out if it was just the coaching staff and if he can excel in a real offense with O'Brien.

I think the anti-Mac group is extremely small. Then again, if Mac does not rebound in 2023 under O'Brien, that might change.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back