PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots ask for permission to speak with Josh McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sam Bradford missing six games didn't play into it? The fact the players didn't get McDaniels' playbook til the first day of camp didn't play into it?

BTW, am I speaking to maverick04. Only he would argue some of the stuff you are arguing and you started to post not long after he was banned for life.

Ask him his feelings about Jews and you'll find out for sure pretty quickly.

Our D sucked under Mangina.

The defense was decimated early part of the year. TJ retired, Bruschi had the stroke, Rodney was IR'd. They were bad the first half.

Go check how that defense did down the stretch and in the playoffs.

3 PA in the wild card round. The most dominant performance in the playoffs by our defense aside from 2004 vs. Indy. They were shutting out the Broncos until we started turning the ball over and Asante got flagged for a BS pass interference. That defense defintely did NOT suck especially when it mattered, especially for what it looked like on paper. I mean Monty Beisel and Chad Brown, cmon.

The defense was decimated early part of the year. TJ retired, Bruschi had the stroke, Rodney was IR'd. They were bad the first half.

Go check how that defense did down the stretch and in the playoffs.

3 PA in the wild card round. The most dominant performance in the playoffs by our defense aside from 2004 vs. Indy. They were shutting out the Broncos until we started turning the ball over and Asante got flagged for a BS pass interference. That defense defintely did NOT suck especially when it mattered, especially for what it looked like on paper. I mean Monty Beisel and Chad Brown, cmon.

Diner morning news: Kokinis never had a chance | National Football Post

“The Secret,” for all his lack of communication skills, apparently can sell himself. He sold the Jets and his good friend, general manager Mike Tannenbaum, on the fact he was a bright young coordinator and a budding star when the reality was, at the time, Mangini was removed from his defensive coordinator responsibilities while he was in New England.

Yes..improved down the stretch...but not by the Rat. It was either Bill B or Dan Pees calling the plays. That removal happened mid to late season.

Our D sucked under Mangina.

Lets see....

Ted Johnson retires suddenly in TC
Bru has the stroke and doesn't come back till Halloween
Ty Law leaves via FA
Rodney goes on IR Week 3
Vrabel is now ILB with the immortal Monty Beisel
Seymour misses 4 games
Chad Brown plays ILB
Duane Starks starts and then finds his walking papers
Rookie Ellis Hobbs starts
Geno Wilson plays like a rookie
Artrell Hawkins is your starting SS

The pass defense stunk but the run defense was fine.

Once Mangini had Bru, Vrabel, Colvin and Willie Mac at LB and Sey, Wilfork and Warren up front on a regular basis, the difference was night and day.

In their last 10 games the D allowed 14.8ppg.

I will say however, that he is a great secondary's coach. Did a great job with Ty Law, Revis, Joe Haden, Asante (barf) etc.

eff that fat Fredo...sleep with the ratfish, you freak

Diner morning news: Kokinis never had a chance | National Football Post

Yes..improved down the stretch...but not by the Rat. It was either Bill B or Dan Pees calling the plays. That removal happened mid to late season.

I'm not sure how much I believe that, I mean it could be 100% true but, how could someone 'secretly' get 2 HC hires based off a year where he never really was DC... Sounds a little fishy and it's obviously an anti-Mangini article. Much as I dislike him he guy has proven to be a solid defensive mind, he did manage to thwart BB a few times with inferior teams.

I'm not sure how much I believe that, I mean it could be 100% true but, how could someone 'secretly' get 2 HC hires based off a year where he never really was DC... Sounds a little fishy and it's obviously an anti-Mangini article. Much as I dislike him he guy has proven to be a solid defensive mind, he did manage to thwart BB a few times with inferior teams.

It's written by Michael Lomarbardi. He has close ties with Bill. Bill, whenever it suits him, gives him info. Like the Mallet pick.

I believe the article.

Last edited:
The only way I want the Pats to bring McDaniels back is if he has NO SAY in the offensive draft picks..

You have to take any article with a grain of salt that is so filled with vitriol.
Also, criticizing Mangini for not selecting Sanchez is hilarious.

The only way I want the Pats to bring McDaniels back is if he has NO SAY in the offensive draft picks..

He would offer an opinion, just as he and every other OC have, and BB would make the decision, just as he always has.

I would bring back McDaniels with open arms if he wanted to come back, to run the offense. But I find it really odd why there is so much venom directed at multiple posters here who have called out McDaniels for his personnel scouting and management. I would caution you to sharpen your knives, but I know you can hold your hold when it comes to debates.

He would offer an opinion, just as he and every other OC have, and BB would make the decision, just as he always has.

Belichick makes the best decisions with the information he has available for him. He can't be everywhere at once, he has to believe the info he gets is reliable. Belichick has gotten bad info in the past that he has acted upon. In his book, Holley clearly states that in 2006 Belichick made draft picks against the objections of all of his national scouts, just because McDaniels said that his brother said someone was good. Something was clearly not right in that war room decision, and I find it hard to believe it was simply Josh McDaniels passively "giving his opinion" that caused BB to basically give his own national scouts a slap in the face.

Guess you need to read War Room.. McDaniels was the mastermind behind the Maroney and Jackson picks. He was the driving force there. Again, he should have NO SAY because he's just not good at it..

Guess you need to read War Room.. McDaniels was the mastermind behind the Maroney and Jackson picks. He was the driving force there. Again, he should have NO SAY because he's just not good at it..

Belichick made the picks. If you think a coach who was high on a 1st round pcik that was its teams #1 RB for 4 years and a 2nd round pick who busted should never have personell input, there will be no one left to give input.

Belichick makes the best decisions with the information he has available for him. He can't be everywhere at once, he has to believe the info he gets is reliable. Belichick has gotten bad info in the past that he has acted upon. In his book, Holley clearly states that in 2006 Belichick made draft picks against the objections of all of his national scouts, just because McDaniels said that his brother said someone was good. Something was clearly not right in that war room decision, and I find it hard to believe it was simply Josh McDaniels passively "giving his opinion" that caused BB to basically give his own national scouts a slap in the face.

What do you think happened, McDaniel told BB to STFU and pick his guy?:rolleyes:
Maroney was the #1 RB on this team for 4 years, and was the #1 RB on the best offense in NFL history. There have been many, many worse picks late in round 1. You talk like it was the Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith pick.

In his time at DEN alone, it was clear that JMcD is not a very good personnel guy.

What do you think happened, McDaniel told BB to (Please be quiet - edited) and pick his guy?:rolleyes:
Maroney was the #1 RB on this team for 4 years, and was the #1 RB on the best offense in NFL history. There have been many, many worse picks late in round 1. You talk like it was the Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith pick.

And Luc Longley played for the 98' Bulls what's your point in referencing that he was on the roster? Are you insinuating that Maroney was a key contributor to said historical offense? If so, then man that's some serious spin.

Belichick made the picks. If you think a coach who was high on a 1st round pcik that was its teams #1 RB for 4 years and a 2nd round pick who busted should never have personell input, there will be no one left to give input.

Maroney wasn't the Pats #1 RB for 4 years. Nice try at re-writing history, Andy. There are plenty of people left to give input. It's called the position coaches and the national scouts who proved that they had a better read on those two than McDaniels did. But, again, ignore reality and go with your homer BS.

I was a huge Maroney defender, but the fact is that, in the end, Maroney just never got it.

As for Jackson, the Pats taking him almost directly led to Daboll leaving with Mangini... And, while McDaniels is a good OC, Daboll is just as good and seems to have a better grip on judging players.

And Luc Longley played for the 98' Bulls what's your point in referencing that he was on the roster? Are you insinuating that Maroney was a key contributor to said historical offense? If so, then man that's some serious spin.

Maroney wasn't the Pats #1 RB for 4 years. Nice try at re-writing history, Andy.

Not that I really like Maroney, but he contributed far more than the other backs on the roster and averaged a very respectable 4.5ypc in 07. Clearly the #1

In 06 he had 7 runs of 20+ and just barely less yardage than Dillon with a higher YPC. Could easily call Dillon 1a and Maroney 1b.

In 08 he was injured early.

In 09 he was once again the #1 RB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes