PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are becoming too arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky Roberts said:
Division champs is a given, but that's about it for these guys this year.
Oh really? Tell me a team that we cant beat in the playoffs besides the Broncos? It would suck if we had to meet them again but we can beat the Colts especially with their terrible run defense. Our defense will be better then the garbage one we put out against the Colts last year. The Bengals? Send them here, we go there we would beat them. Chargers? Might be a tough team but again we can beat them. Jacky you are full of crap, we can beat just about any of the good teams in the AFC except the Broncos.

You are either a troll or you are barely a fan because it doesnt look like you know what you're talking about when it comes to this team.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
There you go using logic again. What is with you? :rolleyes:

:D

Sorry. Please forgive me.

Jacky Roberts said:
This year's Patriot team has, IMHO, no shot at one this year.

:rates thread single star:

I don't even want to conjure up the energy to respond to such an insane viewpoint.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
Good offseason moves:

- Letting Givens walk
- Letting McGinest walk
- Signing Junior Seau
- Trading for Doug Gabriel

Bad offseason moves:

- Not signing Branch
- Letting Vinatieri walk (not franchising him).
- Signing Reche Caldwell

To me, the bad moves outweigh the good moves right now. Maybe next year the extra picks will help win Super Bowl XLII or XLIII, but it seems they've given Brady no chance to win XLI.

Good God, is it March 17th or October 17th?

Haven't we gone over this 1,000,000,000 times?

Sooooo....

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOMED!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Good God, is it March 17th or October 17th?

Haven't we gone over this 1,000,000,000 times?

Sooooo....

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOMED!

Where is the panic button when you need it? :bricks:

Edited to add that even if it only took you one second to go over this, to do so 1,000,000,000 would take over 63 years.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
Its one thing to follow the Redskins model and try to acquire a "fantasy team". Its another to look at legitimate holes in your roster and try to address them through trades (especially with a ton of picks and cash in your coffers).

Do you think Snyder goes out and see what kind of "fantasy team" he could put together? No, he sees legit holes on the roster and he goes out and get big name players, and look at them now. Sure we have holes, and we're bringing in skill players to fill those holes, just because they're not household name doesn't mean they're not good.

mgcolby said:
Didn't we just have this conversation? Without the fans spending money on tickets, merchandise, food, parking, Sunday Ticket and the products advertised on Sunday there would not be an NFL. A person who spends money (sometimes in the thousand(s) range) to support and watch their favorite team has every right to say "we" or "us", when referring to that team. Please tell us why you believe differently.

It will only go back to being 3 out of 4 if they don't win another superbowl during this window of opportunity which should be at least another 5-6 years as long as BB sticks around. It could be longer if BB stays past that and Brady can play at a high level into his mid to late 30's like Elway did.
because no one on this board has played a single snap for the patriots. just becuase you pay money doesn't mean your part of something. money can't buy championships and money can't buy membership to a team.

plus when you say we.... you can't speak for belichik.

MrBigglesWorth said:
because no one on this board has played a single snap for the patriots. just becuase you pay money doesn't mean your part of something. money can't buy championships and money can't buy membership to a team.

Really so how are the players, Coaches, employees etc.. paid? Who pays for the stadium? Why are the games televised world wide?

Also how do you know that no one on this board hasn't played a single snap for the Patriots?

You should re-process what I wrote and try to understand that it is the FANS that make championships possible and more importantly meaningful. Without "us" (the fans) there is no "they" (the team)! Therefore it is "WE" (players and fans) if we so choose! Did you follow?

MrBigglesWorth said:

Hey, it's cool if you're not really into the Pats.. no need to lump the rest of us into your category. I believe it is a WE.

I am sure the cook in the dining hall didn't play a single snap, does that make him/her not part of New England Patriots? What about the medical staff? Hell, BB has not played a snap for the Patriots, so I am assuming he's not part of the Patriots, according to your logic?

edgecy said:
Hey, it's cool if you're not really into the Pats.. no need to lump the rest of us into your category. I believe it is a WE.

I am sure the cook in the dining hall didn't play a single snap, does that make him/her not part of New England Patriots? What about the medical staff? Hell, BB has not played a snap for the Patriots, so I am assuming he's not part of the Patriots, according to your logic?
funny guy, yeah sure i'm not into the pats. I only read Reiss's Pieces every day and Tomase's blog and follow the entire NFL. The thing that's different between a fan and the cook is they probably don't spout off "we" should get moss or "we" should run more out of the i-formation more. you have a good sense of humor.

mgcolby said:
Really so how are the players, Coaches, employees etc.. paid? Who pays for the stadium? Why are the games televised world wide?

Also how do you know that no one on this board hasn't played a single snap for the Patriots?

You should re-process what I wrote and try to understand that it is the FANS that make championships possible and more importantly meaningful. Without "us" (the fans) there is no "they" (the team)! Therefore it is "WE" (players and fans) if we so choose! Did you follow?
I followed that in essence the majority of the nfl is paid by the tv contract which in turn is paid by advertising which inturn is paid by consumers who buy the products. So your reasoning is that you are actually a fan of every team from the raiders to the pats.

MrBigglesWorth said:
funny guy, yeah sure i'm not into the pats. I only read Reiss's Pieces every day and Tomase's blog and follow the entire NFL. The thing that's different between a fan and the cook is they probably don't spout off "we" should get moss or "we" should run more out of the i-formation more. you have a good sense of humor.

Oh, I am glad you like my sense of humor.

My point is this, we are a part of the organization, we support the organization and we are with thim in spirit. We may not play on the field or draw up offensive schemes but that doesn't make us "outside" of the organization.

We are not amused.:nono:

MrBigglesWorth said:
I followed that in essence the majority of the nfl is paid by the tv contract which in turn is paid by advertising which inturn is paid by consumers who buy the products. So your reasoning is that you are actually a fan of every team from the raiders to the pats.

I am a fan of football and the NFL in general. I happen to root for the Patriots because of where I grew up. I didn't start rooting for the Patriots to only discover that I liked football.

You can try and spin it anyway you like. It doesn't change the fact that without the fans the NFL wouldn't exist and the players and coaches would all have normal jobs and Bob Kraft would only be known as a successful business man. So when you strip it down to the core, the players are playing for our entertainment and nothing more.

You can choose to seperate yourself if you like, but most of us choose to include ourselfs. Especially, when many of us pay a substantial amount of money year in and year supporting our team. Money that is directly absorbed by the team via tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise and DTV Sunday Ticket not just through third party consumer products who advertise on NBC,Fox,CBS and ESPN.

edgecy said:
Oh, I am glad you like my sense of humor.

My point is this, we are a part of the organization, we support the organization and we are with thim in spirit. We may not play on the field or draw up offensive schemes but that doesn't make us "outside" of the organization.
I graciously partly disagree. When people say we as in the patriots- they should distinguish between someone paid by the patriots organization and a fan. I believe they are two separate entities. And I believe you can go further when you are talking about football decisions. I think those rely soley under the ownership, FO, and coaches.

when I hear people say "we" need to run more or "we" need to trade for Randy Moss. Not one of us has any input into that.

Jacky Roberts said:
Bad offseason moves:

- Not signing Branch
- Letting Vinatieri walk (not franchising him).
- Signing Reche Caldwell

To me, the bad moves outweigh the good moves right now. Maybe next year the extra picks will help win Super Bowl XLII or XLIII, but it seems they've given Brady no chance to win XLI.

1) Branch chose not to re-sign with the Patriots. No wonder you are posting garbage. You don't have a clue as to what reality is.

2) They couldn't franchise Vinatieri due to the change in the CBA that said that a you couldn't franchise the same player 3 times. If you did, the 3rd time he'd be frachised as the current position with the highest salary. In other words, you'd have been paying QB money for Vinatieri.

3) How was signing Caldwell a bad move? The guy has done nothing but catch passes for 1st downs since he got here. Not to mention acting as a decoy on numerous plays to open up the field for Watson.

Jacky, you have serious issues with dealing in reality.

mgcolby said:
I am a fan of football and the NFL in general. I happen to root for the Patriots because of where I grew up. I didn't start rooting for the Patriots to only discover that I liked football.

You can try and spin it anyway you like. It doesn't change the fact that without the fans the NFL wouldn't exist and the players and coaches would all have normal jobs and Bob Kraft would only be known as a successful business man. So when you strip it down to the core, the players are playing for our entertainment and nothing more.

You can choose to seperate yourself if you like, but most of us choose to include ourselfs. Especially, when many of us pay a substantial amount of money year in and year supporting our team. Money that is directly absorbed by the team via tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise and DTV Sunday Ticket not just through third party consumer products who advertise on NBC,Fox,CBS and ESPN.
Basically there are two subgroups under "we".

People paid by the Pats

and

Fans

So I think people should distinguish.

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
Basically there are two subgroups under "we".

People paid by the Pats

and

Fans

So I think people should distinguish.

So you do agree we are "we"? If you do agree, then come on in, sit down, have a beer:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News