PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 7 Round Mock from the Sporting News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remix 6 said:
look at that..the fungi idiot who thinks Kiwanuka is going to be an OLB is laughing and werent you the moron that said our #1 need is DL? Defensive line..top 10 in the league with Seymour.Wilfork.Warren and a very reliable Green. Hmm you know a lot and as far as a LB under 240..most college guys weight less because their bodies are still growing. reason bruschi and vrabel are heavier is they were DE in college..moved to LB .. added weight as they trained with team more.

Remix - STFU please, your lack of knowledge is as clear as your inability to know what the Patriots look for in a linebacker. Here is a hint for you - Should the Patriots draft a DE, he will be a candidate for an OLB postion for the Pats.

By the way, still waiting for this answer:

"Would you care to show me any Patriots ILB under Belichick who has been under 240 lbs who has played REGULARLY? (I'm not talking about special teamers like Izzo)."

Remix 6 said:
I understand more than you. Why is Mangini going to a 3-4 when he KNOWS the D is relied around Vilma? WHY? Hes small..hes not a 3-4 ILB in your mind. WHY would he do that? Answer it and then ask maybe Patriots could be getting a msaller ILB that was a MLB in a 4-3 in college that has experience in the middle and outside. MLB is 1. ILB is 2 guys. MLB is 4-3. ILB is 3-4.

4-3 has 3 LBs. 3-4 has 4 LBs. 3-4 relies around the athletism and pass rush ability around the LB and jackson is a great blitzer.

Obviously you don;t know more than me. All this shows is that you don't understand about the Patriots 3-4 defense.

Also, this is the 1st I've heard that Mangini was going to the 3-4. I think its a mistake on his part. His players are better suited for the 4-3.

BTW, what does "relied around" mean? Is that some new form of English?

The Jets defense doesn't REVOLVE around anyone. Vilma is the Jets best LB. That's all. The defense doesn't revolve around him though. And, let Mangini test his theory. BB's is proven. He's not had one ILB under 240 lbs. And there is a damn good reason. Unfortunately, you'd rather go with your speculations than proven fact. So be it. Just shows that you are close minded beyond believe and you don't know as much about the Patriots as you think you do.

Remix 6 said:
look at that..the fungi idiot who thinks Kiwanuka is going to be an OLB is laughing and werent you the moron that said our #1 need is DL? Defensive line..top 10 in the league with Seymour.Wilfork.Warren and a very reliable Green. Hmm you know a lot and as far as a LB under 240..most college guys weight less because their bodies are still growing. reason bruschi and vrabel are heavier is they were DE in college..moved to LB .. added weight as they trained with team more.

Monty Beisel 6"3 238.

played for us this year..likely will get some playing time this year. likely added weight aswell. young players have ability to add weight.

example: you think Reggie Bush is going to play at 205 all his career? Bet you he'll get to 215 area.
Vilma was 223. He played 230 last year. You think he added weight this off season as he did last? Yes

One thing you seem to be absolutely CLUELESS about is that the listed weights mean almost NOTHING, both in college and in the NFL. Vilma, though he was listed at 223 on his college roster, was 233 at the COMBINE and PRO-DAY. A perfect example is Tedy Bruschi. He was listed at 247, yet he, HIMSELF, said he was playing at 255 last season. Vrabel, is a 4-3DE/3-4 OLB/ILB. The fact that he's 260 is one of the things that BB looks for in his tweeners.

Beisel is the exception. I would put MONEY that Beisel won't be at 238 this year. Heck, I'd put money that he was more than 238 while playing last year. Beisel is a conversion project and wasn't supposed to be starting last year. He only started because Ted Johnson retired right before training camp. Its amazing how you just ignore facts to try and prove your point.

BTW, Remix, why couldn't Kiwanuka be a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE like McGinest was? Kiwanuka is a whole inch taller than Willie, but about 20 lbs lighter? Please expalin since you would have us believe that you are some sort of genius at predicting where players will excel when playing in the NFL.

SamBamsFan said:
Bruschi & Vrabel came out of college @ the same weights they are now. I don't understand your arguement. If you really believe that D. Jackson will make a ILB, and specificly, an ILB for the Pats, you will be disappointed next weekend.

Actually, this isn't true. Bruschi was over 265 when he came out of college. Vrabel may be the same. But I know Bruschi was over 265.

DaBruinz said:
*Would you care to show me any Patriots ILB under Belichick who has been under 240 lbs who has played REGULARLY? (I'm not talking about special teamers like Izzo).
You are quite correct....DDavis was listed at 230 plus...and Alexander is in the mid-twenties..but I bet is bulked up a bit. VERY true..BB doesn't have reg LBs under 240....

Jackson played some ILB at Maryland, so that is where the confusion is. Sure, he may possibly be able to do it somewhere, but not for us. We aren't really the norm for anything, we do what we do, and do it better than everyone else. Belichick can put his players into positions where they are going to succeed, but one thing he can't do for them is make them taller, or add more weight than their frame can hold. He needs to be given size at certain positions. Jackson does not have this size, but he could be a great player for a 4-3 team.
I still don't think Kiwi is a good fit for the 3-4, just by watching him play. This has been argued so many times by so many people that I wish a 3-4 team would draft him just to figure out if I am right or not.

DaBruinz said:
Actually, this isn't true. Bruschi was over 265 when he came out of college. Vrabel may be the same. But I know Bruschi was over 265.

I thought Bruschi was a little less than that, and Vrabel was about 258. I tried to look it up through google but kept getting the same senior picture garbage so I'll take your word. They are pretty close to their 1996, 1997 weights though.

Remix 6 said:
look at that..the fungi idiot who thinks Kiwanuka is going to be an OLB is laughing and werent you the moron that said our #1 need is DL? Defensive line..top 10 in the league with Seymour.Wilfork.Warren and a very reliable Green. Hmm you know a lot

Hmm

we sure have quality depth at NT (DL for the less than fleet of mind such as yourself)

we sure have quality depth at OLB in the base 3-4 package (typically collegiate DL for the less than fleet of mind such as yourself)

speaking of DL...pretty sure our current LB lineup is replete with college DL

Bruschi--DE

Vrabel--DE

Banta-Cain--DE

Colvin--DE

Beisel--DE

not even going to bother continuing as you are certainly one of the most promising new dumbass posters here

PS--DL=DE and DT, and collegiate DEs often end up playing LB in the NFL...dumbass...

:singing:

DaBruinz said:

Vrabel was 270

okay then if you know they are going to be an LB say LB you dumb ****. not saying DL. We dont need a guy whos going to stay DE or DT. We need an OLB. learn your priorities kid

To others:
find me links that say Kiwanuka is going to be an OLB. he got his ass dominated at Senior Bowl

you asked to find a guy who played under 240. DID PLAY UNDER 240 and I got Beisel for you..feel stupid dont you? We still picked him up under 240 and of course he will add weight as many other future LBs will.

im stupid? you guys think LenDale will fall to 52...you think Maurice Drew goes in 4th round..you think Stovall is the best WR.. lol

**** you guys dont know football. some think we can get Thomas Jones for a late 3rd..hmm if Colts got rejected why wouldnt we? You guys think so much crazy crap as if you dont know anything in NFL. your saying Jackson or any other smaller LB wont fit in with us..tell me how DeAngelo Williams fits in our offense? We havent used a small back in god knows how long. Pioli clearly said "we prefer larger backs who can fight for the tough yardage". We arent Denver..we cant get any back we want and make him amazing. We use big backs like White. Corey Dillon is big. Smith is big. Curtis Martin wasnt exactly a small scatback or speedy guy. your saying BPA for Williams? Well BPA in 2nd round for Jackson if he manages to get there because he can easily be a 1st rounder. so many people here arent looking at who the prospect is. you hear the name..and say "hes like Vrabel..lets take him" "He played for Weiss..we should take him earlier than he deserves after 1 good year" Okay I like these players too but your overrating them. Theres better out there.

Heres how we would take a player

RB
White
Maroney
-------

White is big ... Maroney isnt that small..good size for NFL back and has the breakaway speed.

TE
Pope
Klofenstein
Byrd

Need guys who can block and catch well. Klofenstein is a versatile player I believe..played H Back a bit too didnt he? Cooley like. Byrd isnt a great blocker but he has a lot of room to improve and is underrated. Pope has the size and we liek to draft players from Georgia

WR
Jackson
Hagan
Avant
Stovall

Not the fastest WRs.besides Jackson.Possesion WRs..can get up and catch ball..not afraid of crossing middle

OLB
Lawson.
Wimbley.
Greenway
Carpenter

Lawson/Wimbley both played DE..we take DEs make them OLBs and they seem pretty well suited. Need to add some weight for Lawson. Greenway arguably 1 of the best LBs in college last year was leader of a great Iowa D. Carpenter is veratile can play inside or outside aswell as playing DE on 3rd rounds for the Buckeyes last season.

DB
Whitner
Cromartie

Whitner can play CB or S..great in zone but okay in man to man. Size is a queston at 5"10-5"11..but I think he can be like Doss or Mike Brown.Cromartie carries the rare size with speed..probably able to teach him S since he missed last year and hasnt really built up his game as a CB because hes only played so little

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
okay then if you know they are going to be an LB say LB you dumb ****. not saying DL. We dont need a guy whos going to stay DE or DT. We need an OLB. learn your priorities kid

who the **** are you calling kid?

don't even think you can match wits with me or try and turn this back on me clown boy--drafting a DL means drafting a DL--a guy that plays DE in college is not a LB when we draft him--he is a DL

remix yourself a 7th time and try to do it right before posting again please

Remix 6 said:

and while we're at it mitch cumstein, are you going to tell me that McGinest was an explicit OLB? you are saying that Vrabel, Colvin and McGinest never played as down-linemen? seriously?

all set with you--instead of remix 7 you should be 'background noise'... :blahblah:

if you read carefully i said alll our LBs were DE. Colvin at Purdue. Vrabel at Ohio State. Bruschi at Arizona. TBC at Cal. McGinest at USC. all were DE before coming to NFL. By saying we need a DL your saying we need a real DL. Clearly Lawson is already classified as an OLB. Hes too small to play DE unless he takes a situational role like Robert Mathis of the Colts. Simply say OLB is our need or LB in general because we dont know if Vrabel is going to shuffle around again. I have more wits than you..your getting support from people that dont know football and think all the sure round 1 players will drop to round 3 because they've known you. I have more football IQ than you do. You are just trying to fight back because you know I got you when u said we need a DL.

get that fungi out of your ass and learn something. if i dont know what a Patriot LB is..then why are so many people saying. ANY CHANCE WE TRADE FOR RAY LEWIS? Hes small .. he cant play a 3-4 can he? He needs a big line in front of him which we have but any smaller LB can do that. Why did quiet a few people ask what are chances Titans release Keith Bullock..hes 235...he wouldnt fit.

BTW why did Patriots work out Abdul Hodge..same size as Jackson. Obviously we might be interested..and Peas went to Iowa to see him..he didnt come here so it means a little more maybe that we have more interest than you think.

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
I have more football IQ than you do. You are just trying to fight back because you know I got you when u said we need a DL.

holy **** you're stupid

Last edited:
its okay..you can stall the arguement with little gay posts while you search internet for help to work agaisnt me :)

maybe i'll throw 1 in between us

argue.jpg

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:

To others:
find me links that say Kiwanuka is going to be an OLB. he got his ass dominated at Senior Bowl

you asked to find a guy who played under 240. DID PLAY UNDER 240 and I got Beisel for you..feel stupid dont you? We still picked him up under 240 and of course he will add weight as many other future LBs will.

im stupid? you guys think LenDale will fall to 52...you think Maurice Drew goes in 4th round..you think Stovall is the best WR.. lol

**** you guys dont know football. some think we can get Thomas Jones for a late 3rd..hmm if Colts got rejected why wouldnt we? You guys think so much crazy crap as if you dont know anything in NFL. your saying Jackson or any other smaller LB wont fit in with us..tell me how DeAngelo Williams fits in our offense? We havent used a small back in god knows how long. Pioli clearly said "we prefer larger backs who can fight for the tough yardage". We arent Denver..we cant get any back we want and make him amazing. We use big backs like White. Corey Dillon is big. Smith is big. Curtis Martin wasnt exactly a small scatback or speedy guy. your saying BPA for Williams? Well BPA in 2nd round for Jackson if he manages to get there because he can easily be a 1st rounder. so many people here arent looking at who the prospect is. you hear the name..and say "hes like Vrabel..lets take him" "He played for Weiss..we should take him earlier than he deserves after 1 good year" Okay I like these players too but your overrating them. Theres better out there.

Heres how we would take a player

RB
White
Maroney
-------

White is big ... Maroney isnt that small..good size for NFL back and has the breakaway speed.

TE
Pope
Klofenstein
Byrd

Need guys who can block and catch well. Klofenstein is a versatile player I believe..played H Back a bit too didnt he? Cooley like. Byrd isnt a great blocker but he has a lot of room to improve and is underrated. Pope has the size and we liek to draft players from Georgia

WR
Jackson
Hagan
Avant
Stovall

Not the fastest WRs.besides Jackson.Possesion WRs..can get up and catch ball..not afraid of crossing middle

OLB
Lawson.
Wimbley.
Greenway
Carpenter

Lawson/Wimbley both played DE..we take DEs make them OLBs and they seem pretty well suited. Need to add some weight for Lawson. Greenway arguably 1 of the best LBs in college last year was leader of a great Iowa D. Carpenter is veratile can play inside or outside aswell as playing DE on 3rd rounds for the Buckeyes last season.

DB
Whitner
Cromartie

Whitner can play CB or S..great in zone but okay in man to man. Size is a queston at 5"10-5"11..but I think he can be like Doss or Mike Brown.Cromartie carries the rare size with speed..probably able to teach him S since he missed last year and hasnt really built up his game as a CB because hes only played so little
Holy crap that was a huge edit. It was a sentence the first time I read it, and a full page by the time I came back.

Listen. You're obviously not a moron, really. Just calm the f*ck down and stop with the broad sweeping generalities. Have the guts to address the person or people that you disagree with directly, instead of passing off this 'you all think.....' garbage. I'm totally with you on the small back vs. big back thing and many other points, and there's no way that I'm alone there. But none of us are going to be real eager to lend our point of view to your side of the argument when you behave like a child.

^sounds like a good idea..but im not the one who started it all..i was saying i would like to see D'Qwell Jackson on our team and he compares to Vilma in my eyes. But then some flying fungi flew around and argued and talked crap and got some of his e-thug friends to try to talk

Remix 6 said:
^sounds like a good idea..but im not the one who started it all..i was saying i would like to see D'Qwell Jackson on our team and he compares to Vilma in my eyes. But then some flying fungi flew around and argued and talked crap and got some of his e-thug friends to try to talk

yes yes

you are the victim

shouldn't have taken your tinfoil hat off

but let's be fair here--the posters that took issue with your comments did not do so on my behalf--that discredits them--their comments were their own and for their own reasons.

believe me when i say this--i will not be responding to any of your posts from here on--good luck, have fun, etc etc.

This collection of never-weres and never-will-bes reminds me of a Bobby Grier effort. As was posted this looks to be posted by someone who has no conception of the needs of the team or the particuklar attributes of the players in teh BB offense or defense..

It SUXX from top to bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back