PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2015 Off-Seaon Free Agency Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Gibson's cap hit of $625k (which Miguel thinks what it will be) would preclude them from signing Harvin.

Gibson got a prove it deal regarding health.

Harvin will get a prove it deal regarding attitude.

Gibson isn't even guaranteed to make the final roster. He is a guy they are taking a flier on. I am not upset about it. They are going to give him a shot in camp, but with a $40k signing bonus is far from a lock to make the team.

Yep. I actually see it as maybe even an a upgrade over Tyms. Seemed like Pats were not at all interested in keeping Tyms.

End of the season WR were
Edelman
LaFell
Amendola
Tyms
Boyce

I look it as right now Dobson, Boyce, Gibson and whoever else they decide to sign on a no risk deal are fighting for 2 spots. If Harvin or some other high tier FA is signed my assumption is that Amendola will be gone.

How weird would that be getting Knighton after all the petty bs earlier? Definitely would shore a position of need.

All they would be missing after that would be a shutdown corner and a behemoth cb. Really easy to find nowadays. :p

Seemed like Pats were not at all interested in keeping Tyms.

It's more than seemed. They had exclusive rights at the league minimum. Not tendering him is as clear a message as they come.

It's more than seemed. They had exclusive rights at the league minimum. Not tendering him is as clear a message as they come.

Would a ERFA contract be eligible for the minimum salary benefit ? Maybe if they don't tender him but then sign him down the road he will count for less against the cap ?

I fully expect him to be a camp body this spring/summer.

Would a ERFA contract be eligible for the minimum salary benefit ? Maybe if they don't tender him but then sign him down the road he will count for less against the cap ?

I fully expect him to be a camp body this spring/summer.

AFAIK, it's the minimum. Not tendering him means that don't even think he's useful as a camp body, let alone on the team next year.

How much interest do the Pats really have in CJ Spiller? I think he'd be great coming out of our backfield!
he would be vert dynamic coming out of the backfield running or catching.

AFAIK, it's the minimum. Not tendering him means that don't even think he's useful as a camp body, let alone on the team next year.

That's probably because he has a problem catching the ball.

Yep you are absolutely right. I just read up on the rules related to minimum salary benefits and he wouldn't even qualify. And even then it would just set his salary exactly at the same level as the ERFA contract does.

I guess he is really out.

I want Ayers back esp since we lost Casillas.

If Casillas - who had mostly ST value - gets a 3y/10m+ contract I am not sure what to expect for Ayers. So I am bracing myself for Ayers to be gone to someone who is willing to overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back