PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot fans petition NFL on clock stoppage [Debunked]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pat fans pettition the NFL

While I agree it probably didnt affect the game, it was mishandled. The clock was at 1:22 when they stopped play to think about measuring. They didn't and at the end of the next paly, the clock was still at 1:22. Basically, they stopped it as if it were a dead ball, but should have restarted immediately after deciding not to measure. Instead they added 6 seconds back on. The entire time between end of play and next play on the clock totalled only the 6 seconds they added back (Im not sure why). Probably should have been about 15 to 20 seconds different.

I watched this live. Carey decided not to measure almost immediately after he signaled the clock stoppage -- even before the players were out of the way, he motion to the chain gang to move it along and they started picking up the chains and yard marker. I know this because I was sitting so far away I had no idea on whether it was a first down or not, and my eyes were locked on Carey to see what he was doing. He used his left hand virtually immediately after stopping the clock to signal the "move along" to the chains.

That's when the confusion set in. Carey did not rewind the clock. Watching live, I do not remember 6 seconds being added back on the clock. I think that maybe just happened on Fox's clock. What I remember is watching and not understanding why they weren't rewinding the clock. For some reason, they treated it like an out bounds play with more than 5:00 left on the clock -- they rewound the clock once the ball was made ready to play by the U. That was the mistake -- Carey should have rewound as soon as he decided he didn't need a measurement.

Last edited:

Last year versus the Colts we had something to legitimately whine about. We could nitpick this Giants game to death and find problems, but in the end the officiating didn't cost the Pats the game -- the offensive line and a defensive meltdown in the final two minutes did.

My sentiments exactly. As far as I'm concerned, stick a fork in it cause this issue is done

Is it fair? Nope... Can it be changed? Probably not.... Should we dwell on it? nope...

Time to move on.. look to the future... and what a future it will be!!! I am grateful to the Patriots for this amazing season regardless of the Superbowl. Through everything that happened this season, they stood their ground and became one of the best NFL teams in History. They even made it so that my 12 year old son became a fan (been trying for years to get him into sports...lol)

Re: Sicky Shyt!!!!

Well I have proof. The Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said, "After looking at the tape, I feel like the best team lost the game, I thought we outplayed them."

Proof? Wade Phillips' opinion counts as proof? Logical arguments are going downhill very fast. If the Cowboys had truly outplayed the Giants, they wouldn't have been sitting home watching TV coming Super Bowl time.

He was joking smart guy.

Is it my imagination, or has this year been over the top for fans other teams coming to the board to get attitudinal about various posts with absolutely no sense whatsoever that their internal sarcasm detectors are not working properly.

It's a pretty messed up species of individual anyway that trolls other fans' boards looking for stuff to get bothered by. But to be so insistent on doing it that you gloss right over sarcasm is a particularly rare breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back