PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Chung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chung...is my binky. He played great. Apparently, the only gap in his game is that he needs to drink more water. ;)

Chung is a young Rodney in the making. The way he throws his body around out there, I'd like to see him pack on a bit more muscle during the offseason.

I like the sentiment, but Rodney never had that kind of speed. Chung is a special player, and if he stays healthy he'll become of of the best safeties in the league, maybe of all time.

Last edited:
Like otheres here, I hope he's okay..

I gotta tell you, watching him on defense is a treat. How many safeties play slot receivers and the run up to the line and play the run? Not many in my opinion.. Right now, in his 2nd season, his play is right behind Reed, Polamalu and Griffin.. ( I know Reed has been injuried a lot lately but even with his reduced playing time, his impact can be felt)

Last edited:
I know!! He has to be the most underrated player on the team.

Chung / Mccourty / Mayo / Spikes (not yet, but will be) and Wilfork - that will be the heart and soul of our defense for years!

Yup. Them and a couple of first-roudners from 2011.:rocker:

Chung the next Harrison! This guy is all over the field!

Saw him doing a post game interview in the lockerroom on sportsnet this am. Was putting on his shirt at his locker with a bunch of mics in front of him. didn't look like he was worried. Fact he was talking at his locker is a good sign.

Last edited:
I think his injury was cramp related, and not really an injury.

I think he will be fine. The guy is all over the field and delivers big hits, his hit on Mendelhall, I think it was in the first half was ridiculous. It appeared he kept him short of the first down, but the refs gave a generous spot

If we drafted Griffin instead of Meriweather... :(:(:( .

Btw his only presence determine this defence. Its not like Brandon, who is always 20 yards away of the ball . This guy is amazing

If we drafted Griffin instead of Meriweather... :(:(:( .

Btw his only presence determine this defence. Its not like Brandon, who is always 20 yards away of the ball . This guy is amazing

agree, chung insticts just so much better than Merriwhether. No hesitation
at all.

Every time I watch Chung in a ballgame, I think to myself: "this team should spend another first/second round pick on another good safety. A team just cannot have too many good safeties."

They throw their bodies around so much that there is always a high chance for injury. Let's stock up on good safeties.

I like the sentiment, but Rodney never had that kind of speed. Chung is a special player, and if he stays healthy he'll become of of the best safeties in the league, maybe of all time.

OK, calm down.....breathe......breathe......

agree, chung insticts just so much better than Merriwhether. No hesitation
at all.

They don't play the same position. The role of FS is far different from the role of a SS.

Menstrual cramps can be very painful. Fortunately this will not be an issue again for Chung until after the Jets game 6 Dec.

They don't play the same position. The role of FS is far different from the role of a SS.

ya, but both have to read and react, take angles, etc. Chung does thisbeeter than BM

Chung and Meriweather are very different players with different skillsets.

Luckily for us, they also happen to complement each other quite well. People love to hate on Meriweather but I think they could form quite the formidable safety duo.

Chung and Meriweather are very different players with different skillsets.

Luckily for us, they also happen to complement each other quite well. People love to hate on Meriweather but I think they could form quite the formidable safety duo.

Amen.

I don't get the attempts at comparison. Chung's primary job is to hit the middle of the field and to support the run game.

Merriweather is a coverage first FS.

It's like comparing Mayo and TBC. They have different jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes