PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Chung's clean hit on Henne

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a good call, anything close to it.

If that was TFB and it was not called, you would be here complaining about it.

We were on the "infamous" Ngata hit in which his arm slightly brushed off of Brady's helmet. The next day there were "THAT WAS FILTHY" reactions all over the forum.

i dont agree with the call if it was on chung, but it gets called 9/10 times

if the call was on burgess, i agree, it was a head to head hit (albeit unintentional) and should get called every time because it is away from the play and on the quarterback

there was very little chance that a penalty would not be called on this play

would someone post a screen capture of Burgess at second #21 hitting Henne helmet to helmet in that vid?

thanx in advance

Regardless whether that was clean or not(when I saw the play, I felt it was good clean hard hit....didn't help commentator was openly rooting for fishes), that Chung knows how to put good lick on people. Kinda reminded me of Rodney except bit faster.

Regardless of whether the hit was clean or not, Chung has been playing a lot and playing well the past three games. He's flying around there and around the ball a lot too.

I rewatched it on my DVR and big ass TV and yeah, his helmet hit Henne's chin.

It was a good flag. It was also a good play by Chung just bad luck. He had no intent of trying to spear or hit Henne's head, but he did. That's the rules.

Henne's head clearly snaps back from Chung's helmet hitting the faceguard, you guys are so unobjective when it comes to this team, Jesus.

Pause the video, hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard, open Paint, edit -> paste, crop the picture and do a Save As (choose .jpg).

I guess my question was for what to do after this. How do you get the image from your computer into the post?

I thought they called this on Burgess. I'd have to fire up the TIVO to find it again, but I thought the announcers just missed that they called Burgess' number.

I could be mistaken.

I thought they called this on Burgess. I'd have to fire up the TIVO to find it again, but I thought the announcers just missed that they called Burgess' number.

I could be mistaken.

They did call it on Burgess, and rightly so because it was an (accidental) Helmet to Helmet hit.

People feel like arguing about Chung's legal hit and turning a blind eye to Burgess being the one getting called for the penalty for some reason or another. Whatever.:confused2:

We were on the "infamous" Ngata hit in which his arm slightly brushed off of Brady's helmet. The next day there were "THAT WAS FILTHY" reactions all over the forum.

Yeah that was not a good call. But this Henne hit was a vicious hit, had he offset his head he would have been fine.

Yeah that was not a good call. But this Henne hit was a vicious hit, had he offset his head he would have been fine.

It wasn't, but Mike Wright got penalized (and fined!) for the same thing in the same game. :eek:

A. It was called on Burgess.

B. Chungs head did dip I assume to bull the neck.

C. It was AWESOME!!!!!!

Look at the END of the play!!!! Jeezus are you BLIND or what???? It's BURGESS with the helmet to helmet hit...good God you're obtuse. The ref made a mistake naming Chung, he meant Burgess, just as Smerlas and DeOssie said this afternoon and just as it SHOWS on this clip.

What he said. The refs did call it on Burgess if I heard correctly and the announcers said the refs called the wrong number. I think the flag came as a result of the Burgess hit.

Is anyone else talking about the the play on that same drive where Butler caught the pass from Henne and it was ruled a gain of five or six for the dolphins? I feel like we were robbed of an INT on that play. Butler has his arms around the ball, and he and I believe Bess are wrapped up on the ground. Then the ball pops out after the play is over. I think it was ruled a simultaneous catch (which favors the O), but it wasn't even that.

I thought it was clean. I still think it was clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST