Was Campbell's hit on Mac dirty?

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's an odd sequence but looks suspect. Campbell hits Mac high and leaves his feet. If he fell forward ALL his weight would've landed on the quarterback. But then he careens off balance after bouncing off Wynn. Falling sideways, Campbell still seems intent on throwing as much weight into the hit as possible, pinning Mac's left leg beneath his legs. You can tell Mac's lower-left leg gets twisted in the process.

If Campbell just ran through the hit it wouldn't appear problematic, at least to me, but he launches.

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

It's an odd sequence but looks suspect. Campbell hits Mac high and leaves his feet. If he fell forward ALL his weight would've landed on the quarterback. But then he careens off balance after bouncing off Wynn. Falling sideways, Campbell still seems intent on throwing as much weight into the hit as possible, pinning Mac's left leg beneath his legs. You can tell Mac's lower-left leg gets twisted in the process.

If Campbell just ran through the hit it wouldn't appear problematic, at least to me, but he launches.

The use of legs to bring him down, when the ball was clearly already gone, was unnecessary and risky, but not quite "dirty" to me.

Nah.

If it were Judon doing that to Lamar y'all would be praising Judon.

There's dirty hits for sure I don't think this is one of them.

I’ll go dirty for two reasons one Campbell and I believe Wynn looked like they were going to come to blows earlier in the game.
Add in the fact the Ravens player tweeting about what Max said to him I imagine he told his teammates as well and if any thing was conveyed to be remotely racist or degrading than they would take a shot at him.

We won't know definitively until they find Ray Lewis' suit.

I’ll go dirty for two reasons one Campbell and I believe Wynn looked like they were going to come to blows earlier in the game.
Add in the fact the Ravens player tweeting about what Max said to him I imagine he told his teammates as well and if any thing was conveyed to be remotely racist or degrading than they would take a shot at him.

That last sentence, what's this all about? And do you mean Mac (not Max)?

Some Ravens player tweeted shortly after the game something like "you should have heard what Mac Jones was saying to me".

You're responding to some pretty convoluted logic though. "The hit was dirty because we think Mac might have said something that warranted a dirty hit"

Some Ravens player tweeted shortly after the game something like "you should have heard what Mac Jones was saying to me".

You're responding to some pretty convoluted logic though. "The hit was dirty because we think Mac might have said something that warranted a dirty hit"

Today was the first I've heard of Mac supposedly "saying something" that might have pissed off the Ravens.

If anyone can provide info on this please weigh in, I'm curious.

Queen has tweeted that Mac said something to him, without specifying what it was.

To me the hit looked premeditated with intent to injure his legs. Campbell pinned Mac behind his plant leg then forcefully brought him down to the ground over that leg. The ball was clearly gone, it was the game's last play and a meaningless play. You don't do that unless you're trying to hurt the guy.

He wanted to inflict pain on the last play of the game as we went for the 11 pt score

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back