PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The scoop on Caldwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobs My Uncle said:
We don't have a large enough sample to reveal any significant patterns. Who knows what might have been for Caldwell had he played all 16 games in '04.

What we do know, for a fact, is that last year (post ACL) Caldwell had more catches, for more yards than what he had pre ACL.

In 10 more games.

lets face it this guy at best will be a number 2 reciver. Right now he is a unpollished receiver with alot of potential, but the pats have a thing for taking guys (see givens) and turning them into something.

Amongst other things......

pats1 said:
From FBGratings.com:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=267

Name: Reche Caldwell Number: 82

Height: 5-11 Weight: 215
Position: WR Pos2: Pos3: Pos4:
College: Florida
Born: March 28, 1979 in Tampa, FL
Years Pro: 3
Drafted: Chargers, 2002 Early Entry - Round 2, pick 16 [48 overall]

Caldwell_Reche.jpg
sp_chargers280.jpg
176450.jpg

FBG 2002: 72
FBG 2003: 73
FBG 2004: 82
FBG 2005: 82

New 05 OVERALL Updated: 05/05/05

PLAYER NOTES:

Feb 19 2006 - WR Reche Caldwell has never lived up to his second-round drafting status, instead failing to produce on a consistent basis – like many University of Florida wide outs who came before him. He’s not expected back.

Jan 20 2006 - WR Reche Caldwell, a free agent, probably won't be brought back as the team has grown weary of his up-and-down play.

Jan 4 2006 - WR Reche Caldwell isn't expected to be brought back by the Chargers.

Dec 20 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell ran the wrong route, which led to one of Brees' two interceptions. Caldwell did have four catches for 25 yards. He'll be counted on to do more with Eric Parker being down.

Dec 15 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell (calf) practiced on Wednesday.

Nov 28 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell had been stringing together some solid games, but he was held without a catch against Washington.

Nov 24 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell has had a resurgence after two fumbles on two catches put him in Schottenheimer's doghouse. In the past two games he has eight catches for 83 yards with a long of 39.

Nov 8 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell climbed off the mat with a career-high five catches for 43 yards. Caldwell had fumbled away his previous two catches before the game and was deep in coach Marty Schottenheimer's doghouse.

Nov 6 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell exited coach Marty Schottenheimer's doghouse with a solid game against the Jets. He made a career-high five catches for 43 yards. Caldwell had fumbled on his last two catches coming into the game.

Oct 31 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell is taking up residence in Schottenheimer's dog house after fumbling for the second time in two catches. "It better not happen again," coach Marty Schottenheimer said. "Enough is enough."

Oct 25 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell was on his way to a big day when he fumbled the ball, which killed the Chargers' hopes. He finished with four catches for a game-high 97 yards.

Oct 18 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell is slowing working his way back into the mix. He filled in for Darren Sproles (ankle) on returns and had a long of 60. He also caught a pass for 32 yards.

Oct 16 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell looked decent in returning kicks against Oakland, filling in for Darren Sproles (ankle). Caldwell had a long of 60 yards.

Oct 3 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell had but one catch for 9 yards in the opening three games. But he resurfaced in New England, snagging two balls for 36 yards and a touchdown.

Oct 2 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell broke through with two catches for 36 yards and a score against the Patriots. He had just one reception in the opening three games.

Sep 27 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell has fallen off the radar. He didn't have a catch against the Giants and has but one for 9 yards in three games.

Sep 26 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell has fallen far from the mix. An opening-day starter last season, Caldwell seldom sees the field and has but one catch for 9 yards in three games.

Sep 22 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell has yet to contribute much in the passing game. The team’s No. 3 receiver has but one catch for 9 yards.

Sep 20 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell didn't have a catch and is on the fringe of falling out of the mix.

Sep 13 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell didn't see much action in the passing game, catching one ball for 9 yards. That's only 2 yards fewer than he had in the rushing game thanks to a second-half reverse.

Sep 6 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell has battled back nicely from his serious knee injury of last year and will be a vital part of the passing game.

Sep 4 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell is the team's No. 3 wideout as he rebounds from last season's serious knee injury.

Jul 25 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell has earned his opportunity. The Chargers are eager for a wide receiver to emerge as a No. 1 threat, and they would be thrilled if it turned out to be Caldwell. The Chargers have been patient with Caldwell, a second-round pick in 2001. But like so many receivers coming out of the University of Florida, Caldwell's numbers don't transfer well to the NFL. Leading up to last year, he was inconsistent on routes and his practice habits. But he seemed to mature and started the 2004 season as if the light had finally come on. He was averaging more than 17 yards a catch and had three touchdown catches. The three scoring receptions matched what he had done in his previous two up-and-down years with the club. But then when fighting for yards in a game against the Falcons on Oct. 17, Caldwell was tackled in an awkward way and his knee caught on the artificial turf. He blew it out, and then had to blow off the rest of the season while residing on injured reserve. Can Caldwell recapture his form? He's been running well in offseason workouts, but the jury is still out if he can do it in contact drills.

Jul 21 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell is eager to prove his early success last year before suffering a serious knee injury was no fluke. And with him being in a contract year, he has plenty to prove his season.

Jun 10 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell is encouraged with his progress from last year's serious knee injury, but he's running with the second team. The starting wide outs were Keenan McCardell and Eric Parker.

May 14 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell knows it's a big year for him, and the team. Caldwell, a former second-round pick, has a contract which expires after the 2005 season. He also has a rebuilt left knee, the result of tearing his ACL last October in the Georgia Dome. What started as a peach of a 2004 season ended up being the pits as Caldwell landed on IR in late October and is just now back to running routes. "I can do everything that I need to do," Caldwell said. "I just can't do it as fast as I want to." The speed will come, Caldwell swears. He anticipates his knee is at 90 percent, and will be at 100 percent by the time training camp rolls around. If so, the Chargers might keep Caldwell around. After two disappointing seasons, he showed flashes of his skills last year which made him a topnotch receiver at Florida. Before going down against the Falcons, Caldwell caught 18 passes for 310 yards and three touchdowns. "I started off strong last year, then I tore my knee up," Caldwell said. "Now I have to try and do it all over again and put up the numbers and put up a good season this year."

INJURY REPORT:

Dec 15 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell (calf) practiced on Wednesday.

Dec 12 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell (leg) should be OK.

Aug 1 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell continues his rebound from last year's knee injury, but now he's been bothered by a sore hamstring. "I feel like (my knee is) back at 100 percent," he said. "It was a long road, but I'm back." Said quarterback Drew Brees: "He looks good, like he came off the knee just fine. His mind is in the game right now, and hopefully it will stay that way."

Feb 19 2005 - WR Reche Caldwell is shooting for training camp after tearing his ACL in October.

Oct 24 2004 - WR Reche Caldwell, the Chargers' top wide out before the acquisition of Keenan McCardell, was put on injured reserve with a knee injury.

"WR Reche Caldwell climbed off the mat with a career-high five catches for 43 yards."

This scares me the most. Best game this guy has had was for 5 catches for 43 yards (especially as far as receptions is concerned...think he had one game for 96 yards though.......)

Anyways...not expecting alot here from the guy....probably be a 3rd or 4th WR for us.........go BB!!!

Here we go again. Don't like Reche Caldwell as a prospect?? Well, neither do I . I don't have stats, I don't need any. I live in california and I have seen alot of the mans games, or lack there of. With the pats he'll definately put up better stats, that's just the way it is. Barring of course that he doesn't wind up injured again. No way however that anyone here can honestly say they believe if Deion goes down that he'll be able to step up and fill the hole, not even remotely. When losing a player to FA you want to match his skill ATLEAST. We didn't do that, and if he ends up our #2 guy, then the O is going to be in a lot of trouble. Dabruinz and Pats1. Back off peoples asses. You guys are soooo short to freak out for anyone who disagrees with you. What are you guys? The patsfans.com forum NAZIS???

holyredeemer said:
Here we go again. Don't like Reche Caldwell as a prospect?? Well, neither do I . I don't have stats, I don't need any. I live in california and I have seen alot of the mans games, or lack there of. With the pats he'll definately put up better stats, that's just the way it is. Barring of course that he doesn't wind up injured again. No way however that anyone here can honestly say they believe if Deion goes down that he'll be able to step up and fill the hole, not even remotely. When losing a player to FA you want to match his skill ATLEAST. We didn't do that, and if he ends up our #2 guy, then the O is going to be in a lot of trouble. Dabruinz and Pats1. Back off peoples asses. You guys are soooo short to freak out for anyone who disagrees with you. What are you guys? The patsfans.com forum NAZIS???

And I'm a Nazi? :

harveyw said:
Caldwell sucks and will never be as productive as Givens. Would have been better off keeping Andre Davis. And to that chooch Pats1 put up a brand that your boy Caldwell will out produce Givens' stats. He is a perenial loser who's career stats don't even amount to a full he season. He is the epitome of a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes