PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Campbell's hit on Mac dirty?

If Andrews had done even a remotely competent job, as Captain Stone mentions, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation. Also, Strange69 went all spazoid on that play, too. So he wasn’t any help.

I'm sorry this is excuse making for a team that is mentally weak. The rushing to the line factor was the same for both teams. Back in the day our OL would have been able to take advantage of the opposing DL being back on their heels. One truism from the Parcel's era s that if you give a team an excuse to fail, they will. If BB has lost anything it is that he listened to the criticism about being too hard and unapproachable to become someone pretending to be chill. The mental edge is as important as physical as talent in any sport that is dangerous. More than than the experience/talent difference vs Mac this is where losing TB12 really hurts.

I didn't mean for my thoughts to be seen as excuse-making... It's more like explaining another example of just how mentally weak this team is, as you correctly stated... It is disappointing however that on this particular one it was Andrews who was the (mentally) weak link there.

I didn't mean for my thoughts to be seen as excuse-making... It's more like explaining another example of just how mentally weak this team is, as you correctly stated... It is disappointing however that on this particular one it was Andrews who was the (mentally) weak link there.
Sorry if I misunderstood. You point out a bigger issue with the veteran center not setting the tone. He is supposed to be the leader of the OL and help Mac through the transition. Where is leadership for whole the offense coming from? We know the coaches are learning on the job. Mac is in year 2 so his credibility is not really established. We have seen that he is starting to show his frustration and hold the WRs accountable for doing their part after the play. Part of his development will be to hold them accountable during the play by not going to repeat offenders. It really sucks that there will be no continuity during the evolution.

Sorry if I misunderstood. You point out a bigger issue with the veteran center not setting the tone. He is supposed to be the leader of the OL and help Mac through the transition. Where is leadership for whole the offense coming from? We know the coaches are learning on the job. Mac is in year 2 so his credibility is not really established. We have seen that he is starting to show his frustration and hold the WRs accountable for doing their part after the play. Part of his development will be to hold them accountable during the play by not going to repeat offenders. It really sucks that there will be no continuity during the evolution.

Yeah it should be Andrews - by far the most senior member of the offense - who should set the tone... But I really don't know what the **** he was doing on that play... Dam shame it resulted in this injury.

Is Campbell a Raven? Yes...are the Ravens the dirtiest thug whiner cheating DIRTY punk team in the NFL? Yes.

So...in mathematical terms...if A is true and B is true it therefore follows that C) Campbell's hit on Mac was most certainly D-I-R-T-Y.

Campbell isn't a dirty player. There's zero history and he's one of the most charitable guys in the league. This isn't a Pollard rolling up on Gronk situation where there's a lot of history and motive.

Campbell isn't a dirty player. There's zero history and he's one of the most charitable guys in the league. This isn't a Pollard rolling up on Gronk situation where there's a lot of history and motive.

That was Then, before he signed with the Murderer-Worshippers... This is Now.

Given Campbell's physique and inability to spontaneously levitate, I'm not sure how people would expect him to avoid landing as he did.
Let me crush the QB on the last play... It was pointless except for revenge

Let me crush the QB on the last play... It was pointless except for revenge
Was there a penalty? Fine? Suspension? I just don't see any obvious intent to injure on the replay.

Dirty doesn't need to be illegal or against the rules
Looks like RTP.

Ball was released and gone well before the hit.

Compare to 46 years ago, when Hamilton made contact with the ball, and not Stabler. No contact, Stabler just took a dive.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back