PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Rush pass Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured after winning the Super Bowl it would be at least a week until the first "OMG the Pats need a deep threat" or "OMG, the Patriots need to improve their pass rush" thread.

I guessed wrong.

A 'trade for Larry Fitzgerald' thread is sure to appear soon.

I have almost 19,000 posts on this board since 2004. I have NEVER EVER once used "pasts" in ANY single post EVER.

I read J.I. and Gang Green regularly and over the past decade have seen the word "pasts" used thousands and thousands of times to refer to our team.

It's a Freudian slip by this troll. Don't get sucked in.

easley.jpg

They definetly need some players upfront. It would be nice if chandler also worked on his technique and developing some pass rushing moves.

It blows my mind that no one sees how sub par the patriots pass rush is am i going crazy. The secondary is very important but a pass rush leads to more turnovers it helps the back end.

The pass rush is just what Belichick wants. Easley will help in the future.

I agree that we need a backup DE, someone to take some reps or start if Ninkovich or Jones is injured. IMHO, that man is Ayers.

It blows my mind that no one sees how sub par the patriots pass rush is am i going crazy. The secondary is very important but a pass rush leads to more turnovers it helps the back end.
And yet, somehow, they were the best team in the NFL this year, and they'll be adding in a healthy Easley next season.

I understand pass rush goes beyond just sacks, but FWIW, the Pats finished 13th this season in sacks, while the Seahawks finished 20th.

Last year, we finished 5th in sacks while the Broncos finished 13th and went to the Super Bowl to face the Seahawks who finished 8th.

The year before, we finished 15th in sacks, tied with the Super Bowl champ Ravens and slightly behind the 49ers, who finished 11th.

Point being we don't need to be at the top of the sack charts to contend for a championship. It's important to be able to apply some pressure but our scheme isn't really designed to go all out for pressures. For example, our DEs and LBs were very focused on containing Rodgers and Wilson instead of just knocking them down.

It's important to apply pressure to the QB, but it's equally important to have guys who can play in our system, which means setting edges in the run game and 2-gapping when necessary. I wouldn't want to compromise our D with a flashy edge rusher if he is going to be a liability in the run game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick