PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parsing Krafty Bob's Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where Kraft's allegiances lie, and it isn't with his employees.
Were it not for Mr. Kraft, there would be no franchise in New England.

Kraft is playing both sides. On the one hand, he's publicly supporting Brady, but on the other, he's saying Goodell is doing a good job. The fans aren't stupid. They see the duplicity and thus Kraft's drop in popularity.

Why is it a tough spot. Say this:

Tom Brady is 100% innocent. The Commissioner of our league has stated that he believes Tom Brady is a cheater and a liar. I take personal offense that someone on the payroll of this league would make such ridiculous, unfounded and ignorant comments. Today, I call for the Commissioner to revoke all punishment against Tom Brady, and if he does not, I will make it my mission to have him replaced by someone of integrity. I cannot sit back and watch an icon of integrity railroaded by someone who lack the insight to understand 7th grade science. The integrity of our game is being bastardized by punishing an innocent man.
Add to that a public demand for a transparent investigation of the leaks.

From the time he pooped his pants last year in San Feancisco, I've been saying that the one thing Kraft will have the hardest time with is having Pats fans put some heat on him. I see nothing but empty words here, just like the sreaming pile of baloney he served up last summer the day before training camp opened. Bob has loved the adulation he's gotten from us Pats fans and the last thing he wants is to lose that because it's the one thing he can't buy anymore. That crap he put out there about goosebumps and being one of 32 were the words of the poor little twerp from the "wrong" part of Brookline who has always been desperate to be a somebody in this area, whether with the Lobsters, or partnering with Mugar at WNAC, or with Steve Karp and Joe O'Donnell, etc. He blew it that day with us average folks and he knows it. Drivel like he gave us this weekend, or when he bragged about the letter he wrote to Commissioner Scheisskopf is more of the same, phony glop to keep the fans from putting him on the hot seat.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate his saving the team and being a great owner overall, but he hase been nothing but a sniveling worm on this and after 10 years of listening to crap about Cameragate I think we've had enough empty words from this guy. Even in the best of times, listening to him is cringe-inducing. Now it is more like vomit-inducing. He needs to just keep the yap shut about this and talk about anything else. He head coach is a master at only talking about what serves his interests best and its time for Kraft to follow BB's lead and stop being such a schmuck.

From the time he pooped his pants last year in San Feancisco, I've been saying that the one thing Kraft will have the hardest time with is having Pats fans put some heat on him. I see nothing but empty words here, just like the sreaming pile of baloney he served up last summer the day before training camp opened. Bob has loved the adulation he's gotten from us Pats fans and the last thing he wants is to lose that because it's the one thing he can't buy anymore. That crap he put out there about goosebumps and being one of 32 were the words of the poor little twerp from the "wrong" part of Brookline who has always been desperate to be a somebody in this area, whether with the Lobsters, or partnering with Mugar at WNAC, or with Steve Karp and Joe O'Donnell, etc. He blew it that day with us average folks and he knows it. Drivel like he gave us this weekend, or when he bragged about the letter he wrote to Commissioner Scheisskopf is more of the same, phony glop to keep the fans from putting him on the hot seat.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate his saving the team and being a great owner overall, but he hase been nothing but a sniveling worm on this and after 10 years of listening to crap about Cameragate I think we've had enough empty words from this guy. Even in the best of times, listening to him is cringe-inducing. Now it is more like vomit-inducing. He needs to just keep the yap shut about this and talk about anything else. He head coach is a master at only talking about what serves his interests best and its time for Kraft to follow BB's lead and stop being such a schmuck.

Chalk up version 10.2.6 of FOTM saying the exact same thing

Kraft was at Gisele's book party last night so I can't continue to waste energy being mad at him when the Brady's aren't.

image.jpeg

Why not just lay low? If I owned a team, I'd probably be like Charlie on the 70's series Charlie's Angels. Maybe not that extreme, but it would not take much for me to have my ego stroked with the publicity. Especially if I were in Kraft's shoes right now. Stay quiet to catch less flak. When things are good, thank Brady and Belichick for making me look good.

Why not just lay low? If I owned a team, I'd probably be like Charlie on the 70's series Charlie's Angels. Maybe not that extreme, but it would not take much for me to have my ego stroked with the publicity. Especially if I were in Kraft's shoes right now. Stay quiet to catch less flak. When things are good, thank Brady and Belichick for making me look good.

Why don't you stay low and run YOUR business how YOU see fit?

You have no clue what you would do if you were in Krafts shoes because it is a notion you cannot grasp

Bob has to talk every now and then. For him to go all Howard Hughes would create a public perception that he has coward to the NFL and has emotionally crumbled by his f-ing up. By still being a public figure he is showing leadership. The issue is that he doesn't say the right things all the time or says them that is disingenuous. In that instance, he shouldn't say anything at all.

Look at the heat Jeremy Jacobs got back in the day. Can't be perceived as an absentee owner in this town.

Do you people who are outraged at Kraft think Brady is as well? If so why would Brady take another team-friendly deal?

Kraft was at Gisele's book party last night so I can't continue to waste energy being mad at him when the Brady's aren't.

View attachment 12836

I thought Gisele put out a 700 page book over the holidays? Is this another book? Who is she James Patterson?

Is this a coffee table book that in the absence of coffee table, turns into a coffee table?

I thought Gisele put out a 700 page book over the holidays? Is this another book? Who is she James Patterson?

Is this a coffee table book that in the absence of coffee table, turns into a coffee table?

Apparently an affordable mass market edition is being released.

The limited edition $700 version sold out lol

Apparently an affordable mass market edition is being released.

The limited edition $700 version sold out lol
Ok got it.

As I understand it shes giving the proceeds to charity so thats cool.

Why don't you stay low and run YOUR business how YOU see fit?
I believe I at least implied that - so what's the problem?

You have no clue what you would do if you were in Krafts shoes because it is a notion you cannot grasp
I think that would apply to at least 99% of us here. ;) Just saying I would limit my exposure right now and let people cool down. Why taken on appearances you don't need and draw more fire?

I believe I at least implied that - so what's the problem?

I think that would apply to at least 99% of us here. ;) Just saying I would limit my exposure right now and let people cool down. Why taken on appearances you don't need and draw more fire?

Why not? What more fire can be drawn? The league has 'moved on'

Bob has to talk every now and then. For him to go all Howard Hughes would create a public perception that he has coward to the NFL and has emotionally crumbled by his f-ing up. By still being a public figure he is showing leadership. The issue is that he doesn't say the right things all the time or says them that is disingenuous. In that instance, he shouldn't say anything at all.

Look at the heat Jeremy Jacobs got back in the day. Can't be perceived as an absentee owner in this town.
I have a better idea. How about Bob focuses on running the paper business and let's Jonathan do the talking for the team. I would hope that Jonathan is smart enough not to say that Goodell is doing a fine job,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents