PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parsing Krafty Bob's Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I read this and my immediate thought was that he is such a tool for saying it like this. Quite the politician.

“Number one, there is no finer ambassador for the game of football, and the New England Patriots, than Tom Brady,” Kraft said. “We always have had, and will continue to have, Tom’s back. Especially when he’s being treated unfairly. He knows that. All the decisions that this organization and I personally have made throughout this ordeal have been focused on putting Tom in the best possible position for success.”

“Number two, I have been in constant communication with Tom over the past 16 months and we’ve had numerous conversations this past week. We are both on the same page and he knows exactly where my allegiances, and the total team’s [allegiances] are, relative to the extremely unfair discipline that he has been subjected to.”

“I share in our fans’ anger and frustration with the penalties the league has levied, and the entire process and how it was conducted. But please trust that I am always trying to do what I believe is best for this franchise, and pledge that I will always continue to do that.”

Robert Kraft: We will always have Tom Brady’s back

Guess this is the best and last he can do.

I know where Kraft's allegiances lie, and it isn't with his employees.

Its insulting. If he left out the "allegiances" part I would have been indifferent to it.

I'm still angry and disappointed about the mistakes Kraft made with DG, but I don't see anything that's wrong with his statement. Only my opinion.

I'm still angry and disappointed about the mistakes Kraft made with DG, but I don't see anything that's wrong with his statement. Only my opinion.

As long as you know allegiances to be = NFL/Goody there is nothing wrong with it.

The NFL lied, manipulated and hide pertinent information and facts regarding deflategate that would have at least cast a severe doubt on Brady's quilt if not exonerated him and the team completely. That is the only thing Kraft should be talking about. IF he actually cared about the reputation of Brady and the Pats. Seems pretty clear he doesn't.

He should also publicly challenge the NFL to release the data from the ball tests they claimed they were going to do during the season. Then threaten to conduct their own tests as a challenge. But again, IF he cared about Brady and the Pats. Which he doesn't. Or at least his main goal is protecting the shield. Everything he says otherwise is lip service and he is trying to mend fences.

As long as you know allegiances to be = NFL/Goody there is nothing wrong with it.
He said as much at the owners meeting this past March (yes, 1 month ago). Said Goodell was doing a great job except for this one personal issue.

There is no changing his position. League first, players second.

As the CEO of a branch of a multi billion dollar business, he seems torn between his "allegiance" to the NFL Corp. and to his franchise/players/fans...

He made a mistake in this instance, but overall has done a great job with this franchise, how long will we continue to parse every word he makes.. I think he would do something differently if he knew what he knows now..

The displays by Kevin Faulk last night, the Instagram post probably needs his approval... so he is making a small effort, to try to make this better... but can do little to reverse the damage.

I was there last night when he made the comments and Jonathan spoke earlier too. As well as the coaches.

Obviously their comments were thoroughly thought through.

But the message was clear they are pissed about the decision. They love Tommy and have his back. And they are going to put their energy to where it matters most getting ready for a "special season".

As the CEO of a branch of a multi billion dollar business, he seems torn between his "allegiance" to the NFL Corp. and to his franchise/players/fans...

He made a mistake in this instance, but overall has done a great job with this franchise, how long will we continue to parse every word he makes.. I think he would do something differently if he knew what he knows now..

The displays by Kevin Faulk last night, the Instagram post probably needs his approval... so he is making a small effort, to try to make this better... but can do little to reverse the damage.

Hes playing both sides of the aisle but hes not torn.

His loyalty is to the team he owns but his allegiance is to the NFL.

Guess this is the best and last he can do.

I was initially in his corner, recognizing that there was a process to play out, and that Kraft himself had certain legal constraints.... but things have changed with this latest ruling and Kraft has chosen to take the coward's route

With the higher court now saying effectively that Goodell can do what he wants, and does not even need to pretend to be fair, and can slander a player's good name not only based on NO evidence whatsovever - but even make the assertions he did against Brady in the face of their own evidence that affirm's Brady's innocence...

... Well for Kraft to just stand up and accept that THIS is the state of the NFL - one run not by rules of fairness but of the whim of certain owners and Commissioner to ignore rules and basic tenants of fairness when it suits their needs...

... to say I'm disgusted with Kraft doesn't even come close to capturing what I feel

Bob Kraft needs to remember who he is - not the wealthy billionare owner

But the fan who sat in Section 217 on hard cold seats during the darkest of days as a Patriots fan

Unless Bob Kraft comes out and publicly calls for a public ownership vote of no confidence in Goodell, so we can all see which owners feel Goodell meets their criteria for "unquestioned integrity" per the owners' own supposedly sacred Article VIII of the NFL bylaws, then he might as well as just have allowed the team to be sold and move to St. Louis

Bob Kraft may have once bought and saved the Patriots, but as it currently stands his legacy is simply that he sold them out... and sold us out at the same time.

You're better than this Bob... think about it, and do what's right

You...you know "loyalty" and "allegiance" mean the same thing, right?

Yea I know they are the same.

I'm playing with loyalty = as you would to your wife but allegiance= as committed to a group or institution's beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes