PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells A Dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anything of the sort except from you and your source.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything of the sort except from you and your source.

WEEI reported that he may be going to the Phins around 7:00 Wed night. He's probably just meeting with them to
coach them on how to protect the 72 Phins record.

Will we now say squish the tunafish?

It's just bizarre to think of Tuna back in the AFC East with a third team. Maybe when he turns 80 he'll finish up with a few years in Buffalo. One thing for sure: IT WILL NOT BE DOLPHIN-FREE TUNA.

Last edited:
What would it be like to coach the Dolphins now, knowing that the GM could do your job better than you could?

Also, will this create one more team competing with us for 3-4 defenders?

I doubt the HC of the Dolphins will take too kindly to the GM telling him which defensive scheme to run. If the HC is a 4-3 guy, I doubt Parcells will change that.

The Tuna will join the Dolphins tommorrow. His capacity is presumed to be head of football ops or possibly GM. I got this from a source of mine in Miami.
Looks like the finz got a xmas present.

I got the same thing from ESPN, NFL Total Access, and a few other well placed sources that I have, so it looks like it's going to happen. :)

The Tuna will join the Dolphins tommorrow. His capacity is presumed to be head of football ops or possibly GM. I got this from a source of mine in Miami.
Looks like the finz got a xmas present.

P.S. - My sources say NOT the GM position.

My sympathies to Dolphin fans everywhere. Bill Parcells is the wrong man for the wrong job at the wrong time. They needed a Pioli type to rebuild that organization not a washed up name never known for his front office work.
If the Falcons make the right hire they'll be very happy they didn't hook the Tuna when all is said and done.

Confirmed! I just got a call from my bud in Miami. Tuna is now VP. of football ops. Bumble Bee Dolphin anyone?:D

Confirmed! I just got a call from my bud in Miami. Tuna is now VP. of football ops. Bumble Bee Dolphin anyone?:D

Huizenga better hope the Giants FO/HC job doesn't reopen in the next few months...

It will be interesting to see if he decides to stick with Cameron for a season as his puppet HC. I read somewhere that all the former HC's who had stayed on as coordinators there were looking to opt out. Jason Garret is the hot property in Dallas who was first in line on Jerry's dance card if Wade flopped. But was he a Parcell's guy? I though Cowher might have been interested in the Miami job if it was a total control situation, but he probably doesn't want to butt heads directly with BB. Blank approached him first about the Atlanta position, but he politely declined saying he wasn't ready to return yet. He must be waiting for the SD or Carolina jobs to open. That way he could stay home or move somewhere you'd be hard pressed not to want to live.

The weakest part of Tuna's skill set was always personnel evaluation. The guy was a motivator as a coach, but seemed weaker in the X's and O's and definitely in the personnel areas. He was always willing to overpay former players of his that had seen better days.

Marion Butts...ugh.

Agreed. I would be alot more worried about it if he was going to coach. Parcells in the front office doesnt' worry me too much. No lie, I thought of Marion Butts too...possibly the worst Parcells acquisiton. Did he ever carry the ball and NOT get dropped for a 3 yard loss? I remember Parcells calling out the lineman, but Butts never broke a tackle or made anyone miss.

Agreed. I would be alot more worried about it if he was going to coach. Parcells in the front office doesnt' worry me too much. No lie, I thought of Marion Butts too...possibly the worst Parcells acquisiton. Did he ever carry the ball and NOT get dropped for a 3 yard loss? I remember Parcells calling out the lineman, but Butts never broke a tackle or made anyone miss.

"He will get you at least four yards a carry. It's automatic"

--Bill Parcells on Marion Butts...before he went on to average about two yards a carry.

This Tuna is not Dolphin free!

Look, somebody had to say it (assuming he takes the job). The irony is inescapable, I'm just getting it out of the way early so we can go on with our lives.

Re: This Tuna is not Dolphin free!

Look, somebody had to say it (assuming he takes the job). The irony is inescapable, I'm just getting it out of the way early so we can go on with our lives.

It already confirmed.:eek:

It already confirmed.:eek:

It's a joke, son. When was the last time you bought a can of tuna and looked at the label?

Last edited:

Gee, I coulda swore someone already said this IN AN EXISTING THREAD...

Tunescribe said:
It's just bizarre to think of Tuna back in the AFC East with a third team. Maybe when he turns 80 he'll finish up with a few years in Buffalo. One thing for sure: IT WILL NOT BE DOLPHIN-FREE TUNA.

I guess he just didn't get enough attention. ;)

This is great news for the AFCE if the flirt actually signs the deal with the 'Phins. He'll start to build the team correctly and put a decent HC in position to lend some continuity. In about 3-4 years, he'll get bored and listen to any offers that come his way by way of his own encouragement, and then be gone.

In the meantime, the Pats get to play a Parcells team twice a season, and the week leading up to the games will not lack anything for drama.

It seems to be true. I'm just glad that Aqwaah/TR Guru is banned, because he jam this board with threads on how the fins will win the division next year. :rocker:

Gee, I coulda swore someone already said this IN AN EXISTING THREAD...

I guess he just didn't get enough attention. ;)

Geez, forgot about that post. I've committed a redundancy.

OK people, move along ... Nothing to see here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back