PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells A Dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Tuna will join the Dolphins tommorrow. His capacity is presumed to be head of football ops or possibly GM. I got this from a source of mine in Miami.
Looks like the finz got a xmas present.

Should make for a fun AFC East.

Makes me think that Dorsey will be the #1 pick.

Should make for a fun AFC East.
yeah. I always loved playing the finz. F**kk the bills and jets. Miami gives a game. That source is pretty reliable. The deal is all but done except for some language and stuff.

yeah. I always loved playing the finz. F**kk the bills and jets. Miami gives a game. That source is pretty reliable. The deal is all but done except for some language and stuff.
That's what they said about the Atlanta deal. Not that I doubt your source, but Parcells is the master of putting out misinformation to make himself the subject of a bidding war. Not a good move for Tuna, in my opinion. He's not going to outlast Belichick, and the AFC East is firmly in the Patriots control until Belichick goes.

That's what they said about the Atlanta deal. Not that I doubt your source, but Parcells is the master of putting out misinformation to make himself the subject of a bidding war. Not a good move for Tuna, in my opinion. He's not going to outlast Belichick, and the AFC East is firmly in the Patriots control until Belichick goes.

This guy is gold. AFC east IS OURS like you say for quite awhile but it will get interesting.:rocker:

The weakest part of Tuna's skill set was always personnel evaluation. The guy was a motivator as a coach, but seemed weaker in the X's and O's and definitely in the personnel areas. He was always willing to overpay former players of his that had seen better days.

Marion Butts...ugh.

Well, if they're going to let him cook, they better let him get the groceries. :D

If Parcells, over Christmas Dinner, after asking son-in-law Scott Pioili to pass over the green bean casserole, was then to ask Pioli if he would like to work under him as GM of the Dolphins, would that be tampering?

Last edited:
If Parcells, over Christmas Dinner, after asking son-in-law Scott Pioili to pass over the green bean casserole, was then to ask Pioli if he would like to work under him as GM of the Dolphins, would that be tampering?

Pioli can not go any where unless he has final say on personnel....and if you think the TUNA is going to give that up your living on the wrong planet.

The weakest part of Tuna's skill set was always personnel evaluation. The guy was a motivator as a coach, but seemed weaker in the X's and O's and definitely in the personnel areas. He was always willing to overpay former players of his that had seen better days.

Marion Butts...ugh.

Parcells has always been able to find good defenders, O-linemen, and RB's in the draft though. In my opinion, This WILL make the Dolphins the Patriots toughest out in the AFC East in a few years.

Last edited:
Why don't people understand? Tuna's whole skill set was as a coach with top-shelf coordinators and the leeway to cut people who didn't perform. His work in the draft/free agency was mediocre. He has connections and knows people, but he's not great GM material. I can't understand why he's interested in a job where he doesn't even know who his boss will be. I doubt he lasts long.

Say what you want about the guy, but I know Tedd Ginn Jr. isn’t picked last year if Parcells was in charge…

Then again he wouldn't have been picked if anyone else was in charge.

What kind of coach is he going to get to work under his large shadow. he basically wants to do o his next coach what the Krafts

Parcells has always been able to find good defenders, O-linemen, and RB's in the draft though. In my opinion, This WILL make the Dolphins the Patriots toughest out in the AFC East in a few years.

Only Tuna's track record says he gets bored or burnt out or antsy in 2-3 years and starts looking for a break with ESPN or another gig with a fresh set of challenges he can't meet and fan hearts to break...

The AFCE will be a closed shop through 2013. Competing for the wild card ain't gonna sit well with Tuna or his new fan base for more than a season or two tops.

He did say a while ago on one of his ESPN gigs that he thinks you could make lemonade out of a Lemon - but then he thought Drew would have matured past his shortcomings in his late 30's too...

I had a feeling when I left today that he might be using poor old Arthur to stir up his market, and he could be doing the same thing with Wayne. He really wants to go back to the Giants. He has to know he has no shot in the AFC let alone the AFCE in a time frame that works with his age. Not with his son in law and his former genius firmly entrenched in NE. And with the ownership situation in flux down there, this could be his final waterloo.

What would it be like to coach the Dolphins now, knowing that the GM could do your job better than you could?

Also, will this create one more team competing with us for 3-4 defenders?

Unfortunately, I believe Dallas Pioli is very close to her mother - so I doubt Tuna spends Christmas with the family.

I can't understand why he's interested in a job where he doesn't even know who his boss will be. I doubt he lasts long.

Mortensen said that Huizenga told Parcells he wasn't selling, and that was a sticking point for him.

Mortensen said that Huizenga told Parcells he wasn't selling, and that was a sticking point for him.

:rofl:

This could be the matchup of the pot and the kettle... I hope neither of them uttered the words never or ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes