PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Twitter Feed Going Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just a matter of time when big advertisers began returning to the platform in late December/early January. It sucks for you, Ian, but it’s smart business by Twitter.
I'll continue fighting the fight for as long as I can. Others won't, and the internet will continue to shrink. Again, big tech continues its push to dominate and kill off smaller publishers. Awesome. :rolleyes:

I'll continue fighting the fight for as long as I can. Others won't, and the internet will continue to shrink. Again, big tech continues its push to dominate and kill off smaller publishers. Awesome. :rolleyes:
Cash rules everything around me. Amazon alone has a $100M advertising budget for Twitter. Can’t collect on that ad revenue when people are reading Tweets elsewhere. Sucks but what are you going to do? The board was fine before the Twitter feed and you’ll be fine afterward.

At the end of the day they are a company that has the right (and should) charge for their services. Sucks for Patsfans, but that is capitalism.

Personally, not a fan of Elon Musk as a person. BUT I will give him credit because I like that he has exposed all the hypocrisy and censorship efforts with the previous regime. Shady stuff. He sacrificed a lot of his own money to expose what was going on behind the scenes at Twitter (censorship, banning for having a dissenting voice, millions of "bot" users) ... So love him or hate him, I don't think what he's done can be considered a bad thing if you are a advocate of free speech...

At the end of the day they are a company that has the right (and should) charge for their services. Sucks for Patsfans, but that is capitalism.

Personally, not a fan of Elon Musk as a person. BUT I will give him credit because I like that he has exposed all the hypocrisy and censorship efforts with the previous regime. Shady stuff. He sacrificed a lot of his own money to expose what was going on behind the scenes at Twitter (censorship, banning for having a dissenting voice, millions of "bot" users) ... So love him or hate him, I don't think what he's done can be considered a bad thing if you are a advocate of free speech...
Go read the Twitter thread in the Pub. It’s a Manifesto of Wrong right from the get go.

Yeah, and here's exactly what I was expecting. Locking this because I don't feel like dealing with where this discussion will be headed, but this was at least meant to alert people of the change. So if you're wondering why that feed doesn't exist anymore in a few days, the opening post is the reason.

It looks like this has been extended to 2/13. The price they're charging is $100 per month, which, again, obviously, I'm not paying. I will replace it with a general embed of reporters and players, but unfortunately, as I mentioned, with the change, the feed won't be customizable the way it is currently. But it looks like we'll have a few more days before it gets shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes