PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: Quick Question: Do You Use the Twitter Feed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you use the Twitter Feed on the Site? (see the post below with the screenshots)

• Yes

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • We have a Twitter Feed?

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters
I'm sick to ****ing death of reading ****ing Garbage on the sidebar from ****ing people whom I've attempted MULTIPLE ****ING TIMES TO ****ING REMOVE.

So, like, do whatever, man.
LOL, no need to get your blood pressure all worked up - but I think I just fixed this, so that should hopefully make you a little happier ;)

I will utilize this feature in the game day chat to up my troll game

:thumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
I'm sick to ****ing death of reading ****ing Garbage on the sidebar from ****ing people whom I've attempted MULTIPLE ****ING TIMES TO ****ING REMOVE.

So, like, do whatever, man.
Your ranting probably makes you either the unhealthiest or healthiest person on this board. Probably the latter. Good for you getting it out of your system!

Your ranting probably makes you either the unhealthiest or healthiest person on this board. Probably the latter. Good for you getting it out of your system!
LOL, I want to know if he's like that in real life where he just goes off all the time. He would definitely be fun to hang out with :cool:

No, and I'll tell you why.

I don't find most sports tweets to be useful. If it's information I want, I'll look for it at a source, not Twitter.

Nope.

I use Twitter directly or see embedded Tweets within threads.

===============

And while we are at it....when will we have a "100 posts per page" setting? ;)

I used to scroll through it when I was using a laptop to post, but I haven’t used one to come to the forum in years. I post almost exclusively from my iPhone and enjoy the format as it is now.

I used to scroll through it when I was using a laptop to post, but I haven’t used one to come to the forum in years. I post almost exclusively from my iPhone and enjoy the format as it is now.
I have an iPhone as well and it’s actually better on mobile because you can open it, scroll through the tweets, and then close it without leaving whatever page you’re on.

Last edited:
Obviously people using this doesn’t benefit me in any way, other than the fact this was something I did at the request of people who wanted to be able to control their feed before the last format change here and I realized there wasn’t anything set up for mobile. Since the normal desktop sidebar doesn’t show on mobile, this ended up being a better way to do it and I added the bird icon at the top to open it.

I’m glad I asked, I didn’t realize so few people use it. If it’s not helpful, I’ll pull it down but if it’s useful and people do occasionally view it and catch news they might not normally notice, I’ll leave it.

Pretty cool. I didn't even realize what it did I assumed it would take me to a separate patsfans twitter feed.

Nope.

I use Twitter directly or see embedded Tweets within threads.

===============

And while we are at it....when will we have a "100 posts per page" setting? ;)
That’s not available through the software but I am messing with a couple things to potentially make that available.

Pretty cool. I didn't even realize what it did I assumed it would take me to a separate patsfans twitter feed.
Lol, I wouldn’t waste what little real estate there is at the top for anything that wouldn’t hopefully be helpful/useful. ;)

No, because other posters place relevant tweets in the forum on whatever topic I am looking at, especially the pre-game, game, and post-game threads. It's a good question, @Ian .

As an occasional visitor, I come here for the conversation, provocations and general mischief by the folks who care and pay attention, not to see what the paid guys are up to. There's a herd mentality among the paid media that drives me nuts, frequently. A few guys set the agenda on Twitter, and the rest are an echo chamber.

For the most part, there's a greater appreciation here for good play by opponents, the impact that injuries have on play, understanding whether certain schemes work or don't work, and seeing progress or regression from game to game.

I guess the answer is that Twitter has its place, but if I want to see what the paid guys are up to I go there or the podcasts. Otherwise I come over here. My preference is to keep the forum as uncluttered as possible.

Most of the time i look at it, it's some dude having back and forth with someone that is too drunk to function. If it was just showing us news and live updates it might be useful, but its twitter so that doesn't exist.

Wow, more "no's" than I had aniticpated.

• Agree
No. I can get the info I want in the threads I choose.

I don't use the twitter feed much, because I mostly stick to the Evan Lazar feed. AKA the weekly GDT.

I don't even know what it is. Something to do with birds, I imagine, or with their brains.

• Ha Ha

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back