PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: Quick Question: Do You Use the Twitter Feed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you use the Twitter Feed on the Site? (see the post below with the screenshots)

• Yes

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • We have a Twitter Feed?

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Do use the Twitter Feed?

Located here (top right) on the main nav bar:
1669520276466.png

This brings out the slide-out bar with the feed where you can scroll through all the latest tweets from the media/players you've selected here:

1669520339969.png
*This button is only available on desktop - But I'm going to add it to the slideout menu for mobile

UPDATE: It's been done:
1669687086269.png

Just trying to get a feel for how many people use it or even know it's there. The media and player lists have been updated, so all of those people are included. I use it to jump into without leaving the board to catch up with what's going on but was curious to know if other people use it.

It's also an infinite scroll, so when you get to the bottom, it continually automatically loads the next set of tweets based on your preferences.

Last edited:
No, simply because I don't use Twitter. when you click on a tweet, scroll down a twitter or two, a wall pops up, blocking the content. dont feel a need to register just to read stuff... if its note worthy, Ashley will usually post it

No, simply because I don't use Twitter. when you click on a tweet, scroll down a twitter or two, a wall pops up, blocking the content. dont feel a need to register just to read stuff... if its note worthy, Ashley will usually post it
On this one, you don’t have that issue. I have it coded to curate all the tweets from the people you’ve picked and they load in that slideout bar. So as long as you’re logged in here, you’re good. You don’t need a Twitter account.

Wait, there's a main nav bar?

Lol, It’s that blue bar at the top. The Twitter icon is next to your avatar (top right)

An avatar you say?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
The link to the post I apparently put up after I finished this a couple of years ago popped up that has some screen shots in it:

1669523896522.jpeg

Here’s the link to edit your lists:

A few people had asked to be able to control who they could/couldn’t see in the feed and I wanted to put something together for mobile as well for people, so that was what went into this way back when.

Needless to say, feel free to try it out if anyone hasn’t yet used it.

I look at it a lot, but I’ve never customized it. I should because there’s some people on there that I really could do without. But on the other hand, something new comes up pretty quick, so I can just ignore the ones I don’t want.

But I only use it when I’m looking at the site on a computer, not on my phone.

I look at it a lot, but I’ve never customized it. I should because there’s some people on there that I really could do without. But on the other hand, something new comes up pretty quick, so I can just ignore the ones I don’t want.
You definitely can. Just check/uncheck whoever you do/don’t want and as long as you’re logged in here, they won’t show up. :)

It’s also an infinite scroll on the slideout one (when you click the bird icon). As soon as you reach the bottom, the next set of tweets loads, which comes in handy on mobile.

Can you do anything about same tweets repeating over and over.

Can you do anything about same tweets repeating over and over.
Some of those are retweets by other people, although I’ve noticed the same thing on a couple repeating and haven’t quite figured out what’s causing that. But I’ll keep digging.

I did not use it but will use it more now. I was the same as Pape where I did not like the log in wall after reading a few messages. If this is filtered out then thats good news

I never knew it existed, need to pay better attention..

I'm sick to ****ing death of reading ****ing Garbage on the sidebar from ****ing people whom I've attempted MULTIPLE ****ING TIMES TO ****ING REMOVE.

So, like, do whatever, man.

• Winner

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back