PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Who to play the Super Bowl halftime show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Report: The Who will rock Super Bowl XLIV - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I love the Who, but even Pete Townsend has admitted that without Keith Moon and John Entwistle that they are more like a Who coverband than the Who.

Who will it be next year? Lynyrd Skynyrd who only has one original member from the original band (Gary Rossington who is one of their original guitarists)? Journey who replaced Steve Perry with some guy from the Philippines on YouTube? Styx who dumped Dennis DeYoung? Led Zeppelin now that Robert Plant has quit?

Ever since SB 42, I can't listen to Tom Petty...brings back sad memories...

Another Super Bowl band that those young kids the producers usually herd onto the field and near the stage have never heard of...

I always find it amusing that while they are pseudo dancing to the music they are probably thinking "who are these old geezers"?

Here's hoping its Pink Floyd for the 2010 Super Bowl!!! ;)

Last edited:
Ever since SB 42, I can't listen to Tom Petty...brings back sad memories...

No question....I hear Free Fallin and change the channel immediatley...

Chris Brown and Rhianna would be entertaining for sure!

I'd be just as happy to see the cheerleaders from both teams dance around for the entire half, with maybe an indepth video of the making of this years calendars.:D

BEST. SUPERBOWL. EVER.

My personal favorite band. The only thing that can make this Superbowl better is if the Vikings are playing. :D

So Wayne Newton wasn't available again ... :bricks:

They were a great band 30 years ago. One of the all-time best. But the 2009 Superbowl?

Let's all thank Janet and Justin...AGAIN.

Report: The Who will rock Super Bowl XLIV - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I love the Who, but even Pete Townsend has admitted that without Keith Moon and John Entwistle that they are more like a Who coverband than the Who.

Who will it be next year? Lynyrd Skynyrd who only has one original member from the original band (Gary Rossington who is one of their original guitarists)? Journey who replaced Steve Perry with some guy from the Philippines on YouTube? Styx who dumped Dennis DeYoung? Led Zeppelin now that Robert Plant has quit?

Daltrey and Townsend are the Who. Keith Moon was garbage. Entwistle was a stud, but one that is easily replaceable by any number of twiddly-fingered bassists. The bigger issue is whether Daltrey can still belt it out. At 60-something, I'm dubious. At any rate, at least they have more balls than Tom Petty and other sad sacks they've trotted out in recent years.

If they want old guys, I recommend Ronnie James Dio.

They were a great band 30 years ago. One of the all-time best. But the 2009 Superbowl?

Let's all thank Janet and Justin...AGAIN.

Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and now The Who. If your not over 50 you cant play anymore.

Daltrey and Townsend are the Who. Keith Moon was garbage. Entwistle was a stud, but one that is easily replaceable by any number of twiddly-fingered bassists. The bigger issue is whether Daltrey can still belt it out. At 60-something, I'm dubious. At any rate, at least they have more balls than Tom Petty and other sad sacks they've trotted out in recent years.

If they want old guys, I recommend Ronnie James Dio.

Moon was garbage?!? Almost universally considered one of the best rock drummers of all time garbage?!? You at most polls by publications that actually know music and Moon, John Bonham, and Neil Peart are your top three drummers. No Moon wasn't a great technical drummer, but he was still an amazing drummer with an unique style (at least at the time).

All four members of the Who were among the best at their perspective roles. That was why they were such an amazing band. Four immensley talented musicians.

All you have to do is listen to Kenny Jones trying to immitate Moon's style on Face Dances and It's Hard and you can hear how truly special Moon's drumming really was. "You Better, You Bet" is one of my favorite Who song, but the drumming on the song is incredibly sloppy. Yes, Moon had a sloppy style, but it was innovative sloppy and Jones was sloppy sloppy.

I compare Moon to Joe Walsh or Jimi Hendrix (for guitars). All had sloppy styles, but the sloppy styles enhanced the music they played on.

Last edited:
Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and now The Who. If your not over 50 you cant play anymore.

What's wrong with this list? Halftime shows are BS anyways....... I normally switch stations when the show gets on..... I'm here for football not music.:eek:

did I mention that in the SB they are very long halftime shows?:mad:

What's wrong with this list? Halftime shows are BS anyways....... I normally switch stations when the show gets on..... I'm here for football not music.:eek:

did I mention that in the SB they are very long halftime shows?:mad:

Besides Springsteen none of them had nothing new to offer. Don't get me wrong, all great artists, but it would be nice if it was someone still making music.

How about some nice Jazz, change it up a bit. Oh, yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back