Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
You can't make this sh!t up..

Falcons player says Lady Gaga halftime show contributed to Super Bowl meltdown

Sanu talks Super Bowl LI loss

During an interview with NFL Network’s Good Morning Football on Friday, Falcons receiver Mohamed Sanu was asked if the lengthy halftime show had a negative affect on his team.

“It definitely did,” Sanu said.

That sound you hear is Gaga album sales crashing in Atlanta.

“Usually, halftime is only like 15 minutes, and when you’re not on the field for like an hour, it’s just like going to work out, like a great workout, and you go sit on the couch for an hour and then try to start working out again,” Sanu said.

Hey, Mohamed. Newsflash. SB Half-times have always been longer than regular ones since the league has people doing a mini-concert for the fans.. If you couldn't get re-started, that's on your team because that's a known quantity.

In contrast, the Pats usually use half time to make all their adjustments for the 2nd half. I always remember Charlie Weiss talking about using the extra long half time in 2001 to script the 2nd half for Brady, something he said he could not have done with a regular half time period.

I saw this live and feel the article over blows what he was saying. He was saying it just is hard to get restarted after a long break, and you do not realize how much till you experience it. Atlanta out scored NE in the 3rd, he was not citing it as a cause of the loss. Atlanta has not been in the excuse-making mode.

Ill buy that the long break stops the momentum. Me and my friends discussed going into half that not only would halftime helps with adjustments, But that it would stop their momentum. I will definitely buy that it had a negative effect on the falcons, I wont buy it cost them the game. I think some of their coaching decisions were abysmal

Mr Sanu:

DXv2hAl.gif

In contrast, the Pats usually use half time to make all their adjustments for the 2nd half. I always remember Charlie Weiss talking about using the extra long half time in 2001 to script the 2nd half for Brady, something he said he could not have done with a regular half time period.

I LOVE IT! Scripted plays

You can't make this sh!t up..

Falcons player says Lady Gaga halftime show contributed to Super Bowl meltdown

Sanu talks Super Bowl LI loss

Hey, Mohamed. Newsflash. SB Half-times have always been longer than regular ones since the league has people doing a mini-concert for the fans.. If you couldn't get re-started, that's on your team because that's a known quantity.

The best part about this is that Bill Belichick practices going into the locker for a longer amount of time for the SB. Saying that BB is a 'no stone left unturned' type of coach doesn't come close to describing him as much as that factoid.

Super Bowl halftime is twice as long. Here's how it messes with players.

Did the Patriots have a shorter halftime break?

No, but the Patriots players are more familiar with its effects. The Pats have alluded to this knowledge being an advantage. Players say one thing, and click bait headlines trumpet something else. It does not only happen to Pats players.

So glad the NEP didn't sign this snowflake.

This guy has been in the business of denial and excuse making for 3 weeks now.

The best part about this is that Bill Belichick practices going into the locker for a longer amount of time for the SB. Saying that BB is a 'no stone left unturned' type of coach doesn't come close to describing him as much as that factoid.

Super Bowl halftime is twice as long. Here's how it messes with players.

Quinn should have planned for the halftime as well, considering he has been a coach in more than one SB.

His defense being on the field for 90 plays is something he probably didn't plan for though.

But Sanu doesn't seem to understand history ...

rsz_scott_norwood_wide_right_kick.jpg

Last edited:
Ill buy that the long break stops the momentum. Me and my friends discussed going into half that not only would halftime helps with adjustments, But that it would stop their momentum. I will definitely buy that it had a negative effect on the falcons, I wont buy it cost them the game. I think some of their coaching decisions were abysmal

And that is why BB has the Pats practice that by simulating the long break.

I don't know, maybe it is just more cheating.

Quinn should have planned for the halftime as well, considering he has been a coach in more than one SB.

His defense being on the field for 90 plays is something he probably didn't plan for though.

He almost certainly did - but it is hard until the players have experienced it for real. Quinn is not an idiot. Win an OT game and all of a sudden we act like Atlanta had the smarts of a junior high team. Seriously ....

And that is why BB has the Pats practice that by simulating the long break.

I don't know, maybe it is just more cheating.
Exactly, He does it because he knows there is a difference. If he didnt know he wouldnt do it

He's right that length of half time cost them the game, but he's wrong on the reason.

The extra rest time affects both team's players equally.

The extra rest time was a huge advantage for the Patriots coaching staff because they were able to figure out how to make adjustments, while the Falcons coaching staff did nothing

It's coming up on a month and they're still at the excuse making stage. Yup, the 2017 Atlanta falcons will be added to the long list of teams that suffer from a super bowl hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back