PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Official Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 thread

2wnutue.jpg

..here..try this..and this..and that...have another one...take this...wait...I missed a spot...there...almost got it...one more...YES!!!...you are officially my Swedish meatball....

If there is one athlete that I am truly disappointed that I never got to see him play.....it's Bobby Orr.

I hear ya, I was born in 70, actually exactly 41 years ago today...:), and I would have loved to see him more than any other player I have never seen, play.

He was the best.

I hear ya, I was born in 70, actually exactly 41 years ago today...:), and I would have loved to see him more than any other player I have never seen, play.

He was the best.
Happy birthday to you my forum friend. Nice little present the Bruins provided you with I'd say ;).

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Halifax !

Here's something I stole from my other posting site :D

2624g80.jpg

Just to add some prospective as to how great it's been to be a NE sports fan. Prior to 2001:

No Super Bowl Championships
Last World Series 1918
Last Stanley Cup 1972
Last NBA Title 1986

Since 2001:

2001 11-5 Super Bowl,

2002 9-7,NBA Eastern Conference Finals

2003 14-2 Super Bowl, ALCS,NBA Eastern Semis,

2004 14-2 Super Bowl, World Series

2005 10-6 Divisional playoff, LDS

2006 12-4 AFC Title loss

2007 16-0 Super Bowl loss, World Series

2008 11-5, ALCS, NBA Title

2009 10-6 playoffs, LDS,NBA Eastern Semis, NHL Conference Semis

2010 14-2 playoffs, NBA Finals, NHL Conference Semis

2011 NBA Eastern Semis, NHL Stanley Cup

Read more: Boston 2001-2011: A Decade of Sports Domination | Matt and Adam - SportsTalk 790 Houston Sports

Not too shabby to be a NE sports fan for the past 10 years.

Last edited:
Someone who can needs to put this to the Benny Hill Theme song. ... :rofl:
I open this youtube in a separate window and then watch your gif ... :rofl:

YouTube - ‪Benny Hill Theme Tune‬‏

2wnutue.jpg

I can't stop doing this ... my sides are killing me ... :rofl:

you sir just gave me and the boys in my 10 office radius the best laugh of the week....that was freaking hilarious...!

Apparently the Sedins and the Canucks missed the memo from Patsfans scribes post SB42 - defense wins championships over sexy offense.

I dunno, but I'm not quite sure that was the actual message of the series. . . .

Congrats to all you Bruins fans.... you truely are blessed to be able to experience so many championships in the Boston area in such a short time. Seems to me like having a dedicated fanbase really makes it easier for your teams to put a better product on the field/court/rink, and you're finally reaping the benefits this last decade.

I don't know if anybody posted this yet in the thread but I was re-watching the game on NHL Network and on Marchand's wrap around goal Luongo ends up completely off balance, out of position and most importantly out of the blue. That was his snide comment about the Lapierre goal on Thomas that he would have saved it because he stays home. Apparently he sucks if he stays in the blue or moves out.

I just thought of another connection I have with the Bruins. My first year out of college, I was teaching in Boston (Dorchester - The neighborhood I grew up in). I got a coaching job with Archbishop Williams,coaching the LBs, and the OL, and played with Quincy Giants in the old atlantic coast league.

At that time most of my HS games were on Sunday in the Catholic Conference. As the youngest coach I was usually sent on the road to scout next week's opponent. But on Monday I was given the job of being the HC of the JV team, which was made up of all the Sophs and Jrs who hadn't played much on Sunday. Needless to say, I barely knew what I was doing. Actually to say I "barely" knew what I was doing would be an exaggeration. ;)

Well, it was either in my first of 2nd year, I had a young sophmore QB who was tough enough to also be a LB on Defense. His name was Mike O'Connell. Yes the Same Mike O'Connell who many years later would become the GM of the Bruins, and be responsible for drafting several of the key players on this Stanley Cup team.

Mike would have become a great football player. You could see it even then. But his old man was a ****. He took Mike out of school after his Sophmore year and sent him to Canada to play Jr. hockey. Maybe it was the right decision because he eventually had a decent career in the NHL with Chicago IIRC, and a decent career in management

He also provided me with one of my favorite memories in coaching. That first year we had taken the team to St Michael's College for a week of 3 a days. It was a tough camp, and St Michael become the Patron St of the team. Just before the KO the whole team would come together, there would be a quick Hail Mary, and then one of captains would yell out "St Michael" and the rest of the team would respond with "Pray for us!" and they would all run out to the field to begin the game.

Well the same tradition carried over the the JV game over which I presided. It should be noted that I was the token Jew in the Catholic Conference, so when it came time to do the Hail Mary, I would turn to one of the Captains that week and say "Jimmy", and he'd start the Hail Mary, then finish with, "St Michael", and the team would respond "pray for us" and then they'd run out on the field for the game just like the Varsity

It was the last game of the JV season, when OConnell, who was a true leader, even then, was one of the Captains. As usual we got together just before the KO. The hail Mary was said, as usual, the 'St Michael, pray for us' was said as usual....BUT this time they didn't run out to the field. Then OConnell yelled "Star of David" to which the team responded "Pray for us"....THEN they ran out of the field.

It was a nice gesture by the kids to a coach who was only a few years older than they were, and still learning. Whose major skill was was the ability to do head butts with them before games without a helmet. I never forgot it.

I know this has little to do with the tread, but thanks for indulging an old man with his memories. ;)

Breaking news:.......

Rex Ryan has just guaranteed the Jets will win the Stanley Cup next year...more on this and other late breaking Planet Greenmoron news tonight at 6....

Breaking news:.......

Rex Ryan has just guaranteed the Jets will win the Stanley Cup next year...more on this and other late breaking Planet Greenmoron news tonight at 6....

LMAO !! (10 chars)

Nothing like Russian hockey in the days of the cold war....their teams were "amateurs" ...LOL

They were recruited by military.... then they ate,slept,practiced and lived together 24/7.

All for the projection of Communism being the best ...

Now they come to the NFL for Capitalism and $$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

To give them their due.......I do remember when Canada beat the Russians in the greatest hockey game ever,after Paul Henderson scored the winning goal(I think?)......When the game ended,the Soviets showed tremendous class by lining up and waiting to congratulate the canadiens.
The celebration must have lasted a half hour,but the CCCP team stood there patiently.

Considering some of them were probably headed to the Gulag(see"One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch"),when they got back home......I thought it was incredibly classy.:rocker:

The parade today was one of the best, ever. Of the 7 parades, this one has to rank near the top. May end up being the most attended. Didn't hurt that it was sunny, warm outside, and the first parade on a Saturday.

I bet you that BB is going to have a tape of this shown to the team, and knowing BB, it's going to get played like a broken record.

You Bruins fans are lucky....great solid ownership for a very long time.

HUH?? The Bruins have won DESPITE the ownership.. Many fans have cursed the Jacobs for not doing enough in years past. Not opening up the purse strings for Sinden to be able to bring in the talent when needed.

It almost goes without saying that the Jacobs brothers were the ones who were responsible for Ray Bourque being traded so he could earn his shot at the Stanley Cup.

Re: Live Feed for Bruins Victory Parade

how many people on the streets ? seems a lot !

Re: Live Feed for Bruins Victory Parade

how many people on the streets ? seems a lot !

It's been reported (WEEI, I believe, sourcing someone else) as the largest crowd ever for a victory parade in the city of Boston.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back