PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Jets are horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Jets Are Horrible

God dont say that. I got scared when he hobbled off, and said a little prayer that he would not be injured.

Worse pick? Gholston or Sanchez?

I had the exact same reaction.

As for worst pick, tough to say. I think I'd go with Sanchez simply because they traded up for him, though Gholston is the worst player.

Observations: Sanchez had terrible numbers...but allow me to ask you this: What play(s) did Sanchez make that made you say "Damn, I can't believe he missed that open reciever!" or, "Man I can't believe he threw that pass!" or "Geez! What a terrible decision!" I don't think you saw anything like that. The problem with Sanchez is that he doesn't trust what his eyes are seeing. He pauses just to make sure that what he sees is true, and those pauses get him killed.

I was disappointed that he barely looked down the field, attempting only 3 passes past 11 yards. On a lot of incompletions, the receiver had no chance because the ball was either way behind or way ahead, which happens when the QB is too slow to read things.

For most rookies, especially QBs, the game is very fast for them and they have a hard time understanding what's going on. But over time, things "slow down" and they can start to read the defense. Sanchez showed no improvement though. Everything is still too fast for him.

He's still young and can still learn. He's not a bust yet. But I think the bright lights of New York are distracting his focus and he's letting last year's success get to his head.

The Jets offense was historically bad. Despite that, the team only lost 10-9. I'm sure that Belichick isn't fool enough to overlook the significance of that. That Jets defense was excellent.

This.

If Jenkins is out, that should help with pass protection. I expect to see Ojinnaka this week. Hopefully Neal is not banged up too badly.

The good news for us is that it was a very physical game and the D was on the field for 2/3rds of it going into a short week. The bad news is they are still an undoubtedly stout defense. Baltimore had the ball for almost 40 minutes and scored just 10 points. If the refs were less flag-happy (a few borderline calls, IMO) they might have won that game.

Funny thing about the Jets Dfense last night was they cause 0 of those turn overs. Flacco held onto the ball waaayy too long and got killed, Magahee didn't secure the ball as he was going down but i can see giving that one to the Jets ball hawking, and Boldin was triple covered and Brett *cough* I mean Joe still through it to him derr. The Jets brought one heck of a run stuff and consistent pressure on the qb but you saw that even the horrible offensive play calling of John Harbaugh they still adjusted to score on a nice drive. Needless to say I am salivating about next week. All the Pats have to do is play their game and try not to do too much when they have the ball. :rocker:

Last edited:

Funny thing about the Jets Dfense last night was they cause 0 of those turn overs. Flacco held onto the ball waaayy too long and got killed, Magahee didn't secure the ball as he was going down but i can see giving that one to the Jets ball hawking, and Boldin was triple covered and Brett *cough* I mean Joe still through it to him derr. The Jets brought one heck of a run stuff and consistent pressure on the qb but you saw that even the horrible offensive play calling of John Harbaugh they still adjusted to score on a nice drive. Needless to say I am salivating about next week. All the Pats have to do is play their game and try not to do too much when they have the ball. :rocker:

He wasn't throwing it to Boldin. He was throwing to Heap and Boldin was in the wrong place. The announcers did a good job of explaining how Boldin was supposed to go to the post and clear out the safties. He went the wrong way and brought his double coverage over to where Heap was. Flacco should still have seen this but overall your point is correct. That was some sloppy play by the Ravens as a result of Boldin not being experienced in the system.

The Jets offense was historically bad. Despite that, the team only lost 10-9. I'm sure that Belichick isn't fool enough to overlook the significance of that. That Jets defense was excellent.
They were but don't forget that the Ravens had a number of opportunities that were missed.

Should be an interesting week 2.

WhosNailinWoody.jpg

I think the issue is the staff knew/knows he is not developing into what the thought he might be and have completely stripped down the game-plan so he is not exposed.

That seems quite obvious. I had expected to see some minor improvement at least but once I watched 2 of their pre-season games, I saw what we saw last night. If BB can't take advantage of his confusion and limited play selection, he should resign as HC of the NEP.

I had the exact same reaction.

As for worst pick, tough to say. I think I'd go with Sanchez simply because they traded up for him, though Gholston is the worst player.

I was disappointed that he barely looked down the field, attempting only 3 passes past 11 yards. On a lot of incompletions, the receiver had no chance because the ball was either way behind or way ahead, which happens when the QB is too slow to read things.

For most rookies, especially QBs, the game is very fast for them and they have a hard time understanding what's going on. But over time, things "slow down" and they can start to read the defense. Sanchez showed no improvement though. Everything is still too fast for him.

He's still young and can still learn. He's not a bust yet. But I think the bright lights of New York are distracting his focus and he's letting last year's success get to his head.

Less time onstage with teenage boy Justin Bieber and more time watching film...with a tutor.

You do know most turnovers are mistakes right? According to your criteria, there would never be any turnovers. I hate the Jesters as much as anyone. And, their offense looks beyond pathetic. But, they have a helluva defense. And, yes they "forced" 3 turnovers.

The Jets were lucky to lose 10-9. Flacco looked every bit a Pakistani cricketer intent on throwing that game for the Ravens. Everything we suspected on both sides of the ball came to fruition in game 1 against the Ravens. None of us were surprised by the D, most of us surprised by just how bad the offense is and will continue to be.

Brady will destroy that defense..... again.

Last edited:

Gholston is obviously the much bigger bust.

I think Sanchez could've been a decent QB in this league, on another team, out of NYC, with a coach who could actually bring the kid up.

Not that this kid has the talents of a Jim Plunkett, but in his situation, I can see him being eaten alive in NY, failing miserably, then heading out to the West Coast and doing a pretty good job for, let's say, Oakland or San Fran.

I think he was worth the pick, but the pressure of NY and the coaching situation (false bravado) are the last things a QB needs.

Schottenheimer=Schitty
Sanchez=Shorty
Face it ...Schitty and Shorty are a bad combination for this team. Schitty has no confidence in Shorty. And Shorty is scared schitless out there

The Jets were lucky to lose 10-9. Flacco looked every bit a Pakistani cricketer intent on throwing that game for the Ravens. Everything we suspected on both sides of the ball came to fruition in game 1 against the Ravens. None of us were surprised by the D, most of us surprised by just how bad the offense is and will continue to be.

Brady will destroy that defense..... again.
Agreed.

Great cricket reference! Only could come from an Aussie!:rocker:

Don't kid yourselves, this defense will play A LOT better week 2, and the Patriots will have their hands full. If we can keep Brady upright we should win this game handily, but the O-Line will have to repeat the performance they had against the Bengals. The only way we'll score is by throwing the football, I don't believe we can run on that front seven.

That being said, 24 points or so should be more than enough. Sanchez is rivaling Trent Edwards and Jason Campbell for the Captain Checkdown title, and they won't put many points on the board by relying solely on the running game.

Don't kid yourselves, this defense will play A LOT better week 2, and the Patriots will have their hands full. If we can keep Brady upright we should win this game handily, but the O-Line will have to repeat the performance they had against the Bengals. The only way we'll score is by throwing the football, I don't believe we can run on that front seven.

That being said, 24 points or so should be more than enough. Sanchez is rivaling Trent Edwards and Jason Campbell for the Captain Checkdown title, and they won't put many points on the board by relying solely on the running game.
That's the only chance the Jest have. Ball control offense, 15 pass attempts, all that crap.

Pats O line did a great job against a good defense. The Jest D is prolly better, but not enough better. We'll see wether the D line can smother against the alleged NJ run. If they can do enough containment to limit the rush and get Brady on the field, we're all set.

Moss will have a huge game, IMO.

On the plus side, the offense did have 3 scoring drives.

One drive was even longer than 18 feet.

that is funny and pathetic all at the same time. Sanchez = sucks

Reminds me of that game where our opposing QB had negative net yards. I wish my memory didn't Sanchez so bad... I can never recall the details.

Reminds me of that game where our opposing QB had negative net yards. I wish my memory didn't Sanchez so bad... I can never recall the details.

I think many on the board are too negative on that kid. He did play terrible early during the regular season last year but remember that he improved significantly in the playoffs.

This was the first game of the season and I plan to wait for a few more games before I decide.

of course, here's rooting that he continues to play bad when he plays us. :D

Last edited:

Titans last year, 59-0: Collins threw for –7 yards, while Young threw for 0 yards, and both should have had a negative QB rating after having thrown an INT each.

In his first NFL game, for the worst team in the league, they put the ball in Sam Bradford's hands and trusted him to lead the offense and come away with the victory. He didn't, but that is to be expected from a rookie in his situation. I just find it amusing that a guy can come in, playing for a much worse team, with far inferior weapons, and be asked to take over a game, while Sanchez is still wearing diapers and can't be trusted to take a chance 10 yards down the field.

The guy takes the snap and immediatly looks for the RB/FB directly to his right to get 2 yards on an easy completion. This is absolutely ridiculous. Guys like Stafford and Bradford have to carry the load for their teams. They'll make their fare share of mistakes, but regardless, they're THE guys. That's a statement not only to their development, but their mental toughness and leadership. Sanchez is in his second year, started 3 games in the playoffs, and is still treated as if he is an undrafted rookie coming up for the injured starter. And he plays like it too. He may very well improve and become a solid QB, but right now he looks like the main reason as to why the Jets won't be competing for a title anytime soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore