PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sucks, Curse of Len Bias

I'm posting with metaphorical hyperbolical fingers. You know what a metaphor is? Hyperbole? Dontcha.

Aw, never mind.

Indeed I do, I also know that doing something literally rules out either of those. If you were literally sick to death then you would be dead, making posting very difficult. :)

That being said lets get back to cursing the NBA.

if we take joakim noah now i really think i might stop following basketball

I've never understood the whining for the last decade about Duncan - the Celtics were almost twice as likely not to get the top pick in that draft. They had something like a 36% chance.

Tonight, they were also more likely to finish outside the top 2 than to get a top 2 pick yet everyone acted like it was a lock.

Last edited:
This team is cursed. First Len Bias ODs, then Lewis passes away before his time, the Duncan lottery and now this kick in the nuts. I try not to believe in curses, seeing how another local team was using one as a crutch for almost a century. Maybe we should sell the farm to Minnesota and pair up a hopefully healthy this year Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to make a run in a weak East.

Why is Asante Samuel your sig but says Maroney under it?:confused:

Let's trade for another point guard!

We have a point guard, we drafted Brandon Roy...wait, we traded that pick for Bassy Telfair and Tank Johnson's arsenal that Telfair brings with him everywhere.

I have never thought Ainge was a good GM, if it was the NFL he would have been fired 2x in the time he has been taking the celtics to the bottom. Telfair, Lafrentz, Szerbiack.........these are players to get excited about common Ainge is a sad excuse for a GM. Doc Rivers is a journey man coach and all these youngsters they have are not getting any better unless it takes 6 years to develop players. I feel bad for Pierce I hope he forces his way out of that pathetic franchise so his talents are not wasted any loneger. Oh and to all the C's faithfull as much as A Walker was a jerk at least with him and Pierce we made playoffs instead of being bottom dwellers and sinking under ainge

Indeed I do, I also know that doing something literally rules out either of those. If you were literally sick to death then you would be dead, making posting very difficult. :)

That being said lets get back to cursing the NBA.

Obviously, you don't know what hyperbole is. You wrote this didn't you: "If you were literally sick to death then you would be dead, making posting very difficult." Speaking hyperbolically is the opposite of speaking literally, get it?

If I am wyc. I pay Doc his $5 Million, Last year for ainge and the fcking brain doctor

WTF. WTF. WTF. F-ing ping pong balls.

Maybe we can get the big man from China or Noah....whoooppppieeeeee

I dont know if the Celts deserve the first two picks after Ainge was seen sitting next to Durant's mother in the stands during Teaxs' sweet 16 game. Of course, Ainge was probably fined for inappropriate contact with a player's family but the funniest quote was from Durant's Mom herself when she was interviewed and asked about Ainge and said "no offense to that man, but I have no idea who he is."

That quote may be only trumpted by Rick Pitino, the year we lost out on Duncan even though we had Orlando's ping pong balls from an earlier trade and our own giving the Celts ridiculous odds at the #1. After getting shafted and taking Billups and Mercer, he said "we now have our dream backcourt for the next 10 years." Well, 3 yrs later, all three guys were history.

maybe Garnett will dissapear and resurface in the Cs locker room under a new alias and dominate the weak east

Doesn't it make you realize though how GREAT football actually is and how good its run?! In my mind, basketball and football are total OPPOSITES when it comes to being managed and marketed.

Football does it right and it seems so simple. Worst Team, 1st pick, PERIOD. I HATE the NBA and i'm DONE with the Celtics until the draft is made right.

Just goes to show, I suppose, that trying to lose as many games as possible almost never works.

Besides, any team that trades #7 for Sebastian Telfair isn't exactly making its own luck, either. Or drafting Marcus Banks instead of Luke Ridnour. That Telfair trade will go down as one of the worst deals in franchise, and recent league, history. Ownership should never have allowed Ainge to pull the trigger on that one.

I just found out that they got the worst pick they could mathematicaly get.

Wow, this team really is f^cked.

OK, call me crazy, maybe I'm bitter, but hear me out:
Seattle and Portland both were considering moving due to declining fan bases. Atlanta could only keep their pick if it was in the top 3.
The 6 picks went, in order, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, and then the worst three teams for 4 through 6 in order.

Conspiracy anyone? I hate how they don't show the ping pong balls for everyone to see. It's all in secret and works out perfectly for the NBA in terms of franchise-helping.

David Stern hates the Celtics. Remember when Reggie Lewis died, the NBA gave the Celtics zero relief, and also made the Celts keep Lewis' cap space on the team until his contract ran out?

Last edited:
OK, call me crazy, maybe I'm bitter, but hear me out:
Seattle and Portland both were considering moving due to declining fan bases. Atlanta could only keep their pick if it was in the top 3.
The 6 picks went, in order, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, and then the worst three teams for 4 through 6 in order.

Conspiracy anyone? I hate how they don't show the ping pong balls for everyone to see. It's all in secret and works out perfectly for the NBA in terms of franchise-helping.

David Stern hates the Celtics. Remember when Reggie Lewis died, the NBA gave the Celtics zero relief, and also made the Celts keep Lewis' cap space on the team until his contract ran out?

i don't buy it. Greg Oden and Kevin Durant are going to be megastars in the NBA. Sticking them in the Northwest is going to do ZERO for marketing this league. You couldn't have picked two more moribund franchises for them to play at. the only ones with more snooze factor are the Jazz, the Hornets, the Milwaukee Bucks.

This is horrible for the NBA because these two guys are lights out fantastic college players.

Just when I thought it might be time for the NBA to become relevant to me again, the rug is pulled right out from behind my feet.

I smell conspiracy theory.....comissioner David Stern sticks it the teams that were supposedly tanking games at the end of the year

Memphis, Boston, and Milwaukee.......NO Oden or Durant for you!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back