PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sucks, Curse of Len Bias

ROFL, this thing is SO rigged!
#5 overall, what a joke.
The Celtics will continue to be cellar dwellers.
The sad part is that they missed out on Oden.
Even if they win the lottery next year the best guy to draft then is probably gonna be a PG!!

Well Celtics go back to being irrelevant.
They are barely above the Bruins in relevancy at this point.
I really do feel bad for Celtic fans.

I'm literally sick to death of 20 years of bad luck.

Really? Then how are you posting?

Two quick thoughts:

1) Why don't they pull the ping pong balls out live? There is absolutely no reason that they should do the actual selection in secret then have some dude come out and read off the cards like its the same thing. Now I'm not saying the draft is rigged (no way two western teams would have gotten the top two picks if it were), but all it does is give the appearance that something is going on.

2) The lottery system is bull****. The whole purpose is to stop teams from tanking games, but it doesn't seem to be doing that very well. Teams are still losing on purpose just for a shot at more ping pong balls. Why make it possible for better teams to get the best picks when they don't need them as badly? Just another example of the NBA doing things an arbitrary way when for no reason except they feel like it.

Well...can we say bye bye Danny??? In some ways I feel really bad...but in others..what goes around comes around...I LOVED the old Celtics..from Russel/Cousy and such through the worst days of Johm Y Brown and to Pitino...Pitino?? It took a bit to understand what a fraud he was..a car salesman if best..and he went down with missing Duncan... Was more an Obie fan and saw how he built the team..fired the team into the playoffs...felt GOOD about the Celts and then..the arrival of another charlatan...He came in with bad timing when the team HAD a chance in the playoffs and basically pulled the air from the team....he took all the pieces of a team and tossed them aside trashed them..a playoff team... demolishing it..all teh while lying and saying he wasn't...while the owners more charlatans raised prices for a playoff team..except..the team was a shell of what it really was...Ainge is clueless...he wanted to take down the jerseys give the numbers away..Pitino kicked Red out of the President's job..and Ainge continues in that way...Danny has done ZERO for the team and franchise..hopes promises and nada...the team BEFORE Ainge was close...needed a point guard and a big man...and last time I looked many years under Danny Boy..they were STILL missing those pieces AND MORE.. Basically..until he is gone..and they have someone with a bit more sense..and less pig headedness..I will never really be in the Cs corner...I've tried and I see play..but it is NO team at all..I keep saying I might be wrong..giving him a chance..BUT..I see what he did to a great tradition..basically doing what he wanted to destroy it...

Last edited:
I am so sick to my stomach.
I do not want to talk to ANYONE for the rest of this week.

Never thought I'd feel the same way again just 10 years later (re Duncan).

hey mav
i feel the same exact way
honestly im almost as depressed about this as i was january 21st this yr (afc champ game)
i just cant believe it
i really cant

I don't know a whole lot about basketball or the Celtics but I was watching an episode of friends from the first season so it was from 1993 or 94 and Joey was talking basketball with some woman and she said she loved the Celtics and he said they sucked and she said it was a rebuilding year. As I heard this I though, aren't they still saying their rebuilding? What have they been rebuilding for 13 years?

You've still got the Patriots :D

It has to be fixed, only for the simple fact that maybee they are trying to save the franchise in seattle ... Its just a big joke..

I'll tell you why the Celtics are cursed - because they think the only way to improve their squad is to get lucky enough in the lottery to land the 1st pick. Maybe a decent coach and a good personnel guy could build a playoff contender, but that's just me.

Even with a great coach and a personnel man, you need a top dog to win. The only team to win without won in the last 20 years has been the Detroit Pistons.

A personnel man would have maybe kept Joe Johnson on this team, and would have stuck with Randy Foye over Sebastian Telfair. so you add Joe Johnson and Foye to this year's Celtics, and even with a top coach, you're still noweher near the top of the mountain.

You need luck. Twice, the Celtics had a chance at landing a once in a decade player, and twice they whiffed.

I don't know a whole lot about basketball or the Celtics but I was watching an episode of friends from the first season so it was from 1993 or 94 and Joey was talking basketball with some woman and she said she loved the Celtics and he said they sucked and she said it was a rebuilding year. As I heard this I though, aren't they still saying their rebuilding? What have they been rebuilding for 13 years?

19 years, since Larry got a bad back.

Of course, in the meantime, Len Bias and Reggie Lewis died, and we let Joe Johnson and Chauncey Billups go.

Fire Ainge right now, tonight.

He let it get to this quagmire (trading for Lafrentz, Wally and Telfair). This franchise needs a clean slate. I am so pissed.

Last edited:
19 years, since Larry got a bad back.

Of course, in the meantime, Len Bias and Reggie Lewis died, and we let Joe Johnson and Chauncey Billups go.

I guess it could be worse.

The Detroit Lions have been rebuilding since 1957.

Really? Then how are you posting?

I'm posting with metaphorical hyperbolical fingers. You know what a metaphor is? Hyperbole? Dontcha.

Aw, never mind.

Joe Johnson and Chauncey Billups go.

Joe can score, but has no heart, and 4 other teams let Chauncey go after us, we were not alone.

Last edited:
I guess it could be worse.

The Detroit Lions have been rebuilding since 1957.

Yeah, but the Lions weren't the top franchise in the NFL before going into a rut.

Put it this way, imagine our Patriots winning 3 more Super Bowls over the next 5 years, then Tom Brady retires, Belcihcik leaves, and we lose consistently, rarely making the playoffs for the next 25 years, with no promise of improvement beyond that. I'll be 65 years old at that time.

Pretty bleak future for a once proud franchise.

I'm sure Detroit Lions fans have better things to worry about. They were never this invested in it anyway.

Even with a great coach and a personnel man, you need a top dog to win. The only team to win without won in the last 20 years has been the Detroit Pistons.

A personnel man would have maybe kept Joe Johnson on this team, and would have stuck with Randy Foye over Sebastian Telfair. so you add Joe Johnson and Foye to this year's Celtics, and even with a top coach, you're still noweher near the top of the mountain.

You need luck. Twice, the Celtics had a chance at landing a once in a decade player, and twice they whiffed.

but what sux is..its not their fault that they whiffed
thats whats so hard to swallow

This team is cursed. First Len Bias ODs, then Lewis passes away before his time, the Duncan lottery and now this kick in the nuts. I try not to believe in curses, seeing how another local team was using one as a crutch for almost a century. Maybe we should sell the farm to Minnesota and pair up a hopefully healthy this year Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to make a run in a weak East.

The biggest losers here are the NBA, with their two big tickets now lost in the Northwest, squandered on two horrid teams that no one pays any attention too for 3 years till they move on.

Hey, nothing wrong with beefing up a good rivalry. Anything to overtake the Spurs or the Mavs, who have 2 of my most dispised figures in basketball (Duncan & Cuban).

This team is cursed. First Len Bias ODs, then Lewis passes away before his time, the Duncan lottery and now this kick in the nuts. I try not to believe in curses, seeing how another local team was using one as a crutch for almost a century. Maybe we should sell the farm to Minnesota and pair up a hopefully healthy this year Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to make a run in a weak East.

Let's trade for another point guard!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back