PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Question to our British Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

desi-patsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sorry if i am behind the times, but wasnt there some story about the Krafts buying Man U or am i just pulling this out of *****. Also, was a very nice UEFA match. Grats to barcelona.

desi-patsfan said:
Sorry if i am behind the times, but wasnt there some story about the Krafts buying Man U or am i just pulling this out of *****. Also, was a very nice UEFA match. Grats to barcelona.

It was Liverpool that they were planning to buy. I wish it was United, I have to say. Liverpool are United's most hated rivals and the thought of the Krafts putting money into them leaves me cold. I'd echo the congrats to Barca. They are the best team in Europe at the moment.

Im not an Arsenal fan as my name indicates - but I think Scandinavian referees should be banned from professional football - especially the real show-piece games.

The Norweigian and his flagless linesmen ruined a potential game of the decade.

And Kim Milton Nielsen sent off David Beckham.

Okay I feel better now.

NM

Last edited:
lutontown_fc said:
but I think Scandinavian referees should be banned from professional football

:confused:

Would Robert Kraft had have the money to buy United instead of borrowing it like Malcolm Glazer the Leprechaun.

Last edited by a moderator:
desi-patsfan said:

Football (you know, the one where the players kick the ball) is a total moral cesspit.

Here are a couple of recent stories.

A director (board member) of a lower-division professional team in the UK is threatened at gunpoint on behalf of another director:

"QPR director 'forced to resign at gunpoint'

By Philippe Naughton

trans.gif
David Morris is accused of organising the intimidation of the QPR chairman (Jack Hill/The Times)
trans.gif
A former Italian football international was forced at gunpoint to sign a letter resigning from the board of Queens Park Rangers in a scene like "something out of a gangster film," a court heard today.
Gianni Paladini, who used to play for Juventus and Napoli, was asked if he could "have a word" by David Morris, a fellow director, as the men prepared to watch the Championship club's first home game of this season. But he soon found himself surrounded by hired thugs and forced to write out a resignation letter, London’s Blackfriars Crown Court was told"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2164992,00.html

QPR is (sorry, LutonFC) pretty bush league, but then there is the scandal surrounding one of Europe's all-time leading clubs:

"Italy in a league of its own when it comes to football corruption

By Gabriele Marcotti and Martin Penner in Rome
trans.gif
ITALY, where football is the ruling passion and hopes for the forthcoming World Cup are high, is reeling from charges that the national game is riddled with corruption of the kind that taints its politics.
Strands of the scandal go way beyond football, to the heart of the Italian establishment in business and politics. At its centre is Luciano Moggi, the general manager of Juventus, who is allegedly heard on one phone tap leaked by investigators in Naples asking a federation official: “Who the hell was that ref you sent us?†He goes on to demand certain match officials by name for future matches. To compound Juve’s troubles, Antonio Giraudi, the club’s chief executive officer, is under investigation for accounting fraud, and four players, including Italy’s goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, are being investigated for allegedly taking part in illegal betting. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2178184,00.html

OK, not everything is that bad -- I agree with the headline about Italy being out in front when it comes to corruption -- and the Champions League Final was a great match with great, great players. But you have to ask why Mr Kraft would need to get involved with something so sleazy.

Poll said:
Would Robert Kraft had have the money to buy United instead of borrowing it like Malcolm Glazer the Leprechaun.

Seconded in the biggest way. There's also the small matter of the collateral for Glazer's loan.

lutontown_fc said:
The Norweigian and his flagless linesmen ruined a potential game of the decade.

NM

Please elaborate.

The ref ruined the match because he sent of the Arsenal keeper when he should have let play continue and allow the goal.
Then it would have remained 11 vs 11 and the game should have been more interesting because Arsenal did nothing but defend when they were down to 10 men.

Poll said:
The ref ruined the match because he sent of the Arsenal keeper when he should have let play continue and allow the goal.
Then it would have remained 11 vs 11 and the game should have been more interesting because Arsenal did nothing but defend when they were down to 10 men.

Technically the ref could have sent off Lehmann and still allowed the goal.

So he pretty much did Arsenal a favour by disallowing the goal.

Anyway, this being the Patriots forum, I will say no more, other than, as a Liverpool and Patriots fan, I am glad Kraft probably won't be buying in to Liverpool.

I want his attention fully on the Pats. Liverpool will find other investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liverpool are scum anyway. :)
But that's a different matter.

Poll said:
Liverpool are scum anyway. :)
But that's a different matter.

Have you ever visited redissue.co.uk? It's the best United site on the web, IMO.

NE_Paddy said:
Technically the ref could have sent off Lehmann and still allowed the goal.

Yep, as he denied a goalscoring opportunity to a specific player. Arse fans seem to have become mute over Eboue's theatrics for the free kick leading to the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft