OT: programming SB XXXVI on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlainOldEd

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If you didn't already know.

Lol. Summerall talking about Bill "talk about a guy who has become easier to converse with and loosened up."

Brady with 60 yards at the half...what a bum

How things have changed. Ty Law's pick 6 wouldn't have counted due to Vrabel's roughing the passer. Maybe the Rams should start a petition.

Under current rules, Ty Law's interception score would've been called back for Vrabel roughing the passer (blow to head). Instead, as Summerall said, it was a clean hit on Warner.

I think that was the rule even then, but it wasn't enforced as strictly as it is today. I remember Rams fans *****ing about it then.

Regards,
Chris

I think this game has the first direct snap to Faulk while Brady feigns the over-the-head snap. It's done between the 20s, though, so not as dramatic as the one in SB38.

Regards,
Chris

Whooot! Otis (my man) Smith!

I forgot how exciting this game was. Every Rams drive it seems like the Patriots make a big play.

I only watched the first half, but I missed all of the "mugging" of Rams receivers by Patriots defenders that I was told happened constantly in this game. It's almost like that was overblown by the losing team.

I only watched the first half, but I missed all of the "mugging" of Rams receivers by Patriots defenders that I was told happened constantly in this game. It's almost like that was overblown by the losing team.

I was thinking the same thing; the Pats seem to be playing a lot of tight man coverage but its really no more or less aggressive than what they currently do today. But what really stands out is the (lack) of blocking from the Rams, the Pats are confusing their O-line and Warner is being rushed on every throw and hit.

I had totally forgotten about the fumble return TD by Tebcuky Jones (would have made it 24-3 with 10 to go) that was called off for holding on McG on Faulk. In today’s rules it’s an obvious call, back then if he had backed off after initial contact it might have been uncalled. Or also uncalled if he’d been holding Gronk or played for the Broncos.

I also was a little surprised at the 1st down lines on the screen I guess that dates back longer than I thought, was it an original Fox broadcast add from the early 90s maybe?

Lots of GREAT hits in this game that probably would be flagged today. Makes me kind of nostalgic.

Wow, I totally forgot the Rams game tying drive started after the 2 min warning and only took 30 seconds off the clock...thanks to the awful punt and penalty on Tebucky Jones.

Still gives me goosebumps

Definitely 2 seconds left there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes