PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Harrison involved in shooting investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison was involved in another incident a few years ago where he and/or his handlers beat up a couple minors trying to get his autograph in Hawaii, at the probowl. They sued and the case was settled, I believe.

Harrison's a strange guy. People praise him for being quiet and unassuming, but he caused alot of problems internally with the Colts when Reggie Wayne started to come into his own, resenting the young kid's emergence. From his sulking on the bench in the Pitt playoff game, to his disappearance in playoff games throughout his career, to his diet of junk food, he's always struck me as a strange bird. Now this.

Last edited:
I really never would have expected this from Harrison though. He's quiet on the field, does his job, and never celebrates a touchdown (except v.s. the Pats in 2006). He's never jaw jacking with anybody either. If anybody, I would have expected it from Edgerrin James (when he was with them), Joseph Addai, or Reggie Wayne.

Well you can't really judge someone's outside life based on how they act on the field.

But the Easterbrook piece was over the top in the way it generalized the Colts players as all good, faith-based men.

Goodell just went on NFL Network and said, because Harrison is involved in a shooting investigation, he's going to fine Belichick and the Patriots $700,000.

This also constitutes a pass interefence infraction against Ellis Hobbs.

Last edited:
Wow he shot 2 people now? That 4 letter network said a guy in the had and a girl was hit by flying glass.

The guy was shot, girl hit by glass, woman came forward shot in the shoulder and ID'd him, per that reporter on ESPN. (Missed his name, Philly guy)

I really never would have expected this from Harrison though. He's quiet on the field, does his job, and never celebrates a touchdown (except v.s. the Pats in 2006). He's never jaw jacking with anybody either. If anybody, I would have expected it from Edgerrin James (when he was with them), Joseph Addai, or Reggie Wayne.

This surprises the hell out of me. Marvin has always been a professional on the field and a low key guy off the field. I really need to hear the whole story since this is so out of character.

Harrison was involved in another incident a few years ago where he and/or his handlers beat up a couple minors trying to get his autograph in Hawaii, at the probowl. They sued and the case was settled, I believe.

Harrison's a strange guy. People praise him for being quiet and unassuming, but he caused alot of problems internally with the Colts when Reggie Wayne started to come into his own, resenting the young kid's emergence. From his sulking on the bench in the Pitt playoff game, to his disappearance in playoff games throughout his career, to his diet of junk food, he's always struck me as a strange bird. Now this.

What a scumbag. If I had seen that, I'd have grabbed a baseball bat and started beating on him. These people make it possible for you to live the luxerious life you live and you're going to beat on them (especially minors!) for adoring you enough to ask for your autograph? Scumlord.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. So because he's kind of subdued in his touchdown celebrations that makes him less likely to commit a violent crime?

Marvin apparently has 25 guns registered to his name, too...

If Harrison comes up a thug, it's going to be interesting to see if the hayseeds have to turn their backs on him. Shameful acts... shooting someone and injuring a child.

Agree that if true, his NFL career probably is (and should be) over. This is much worse than what Michael Vick was doing, even if it's only a one-time act.

As for those saying the Colts should somehow pay for this, obviously that's ridiculous. If a Patriots player did it, we would want him cut, etc, but would be up in arms at the mere suggestion that the team is somehow implicit.

I was at the probowl a few years back (I think it was that same one...2005?) and stayed at the hilton hawaiin village, where all the players were staying. I saw Marvin Harrison and his "posse" and was a little surprised (all 6-8 of them wearing a blue Harrsion 88 jersey, which I found kind of comical). He always seemed to me to be a class act, and not a thug. But to be honest, his group looked like slimbags and criminals. Nobody, I mean NOBODY approaced him or even came within 5 feet of them. They were that scary. All of them, including Harrison were giving people nasty glares as if to warn us all to stay away. I chalked it up to thats the life of a big NFL superstar and it was neccessary. Later I saw many other players walking around without such a contingent, most stopping to sign autographs. So thats just my personal account of running into Harrison at the probowl.

Last edited:
Never trust the quiet guy...

Instead of Manning to Harrison it may soon be Big Bubba to Harrison.

As for those saying the Colts should somehow pay for this, obviously that's ridiculous. If a Patriots player did it, we would want him cut, etc, but would be up in arms at the mere suggestion that the team is somehow implicit.

Um, ever hear of a "joke"???

Last edited by a moderator:
A young girl was supposedly injured from glass that was shattered during the shooting. :mad: I hope she's alright and justice is served. I wonder how Saint Dungy will spin this one?

He'll probably just have Polion address the competition commitee and make it a new rule that all wide recievers have to carry a handgun, to keep that dirty Patriots secondary from roughing them up :D

Thus making it a moot point for Goodell, because old Marv' was just doing his job :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well post an accompanying picture then.

jg1sgz.jpg

Amazing how we gave Moss every benefit of the doubt but with Harrison he has already been convicted......

Amazing how we gave Moss every benefit of the doubt but with Harrison he has already been convicted......

Indeed.

I don't get the bit about the woman being shot in the shoulder.

Uh, Moss never shot at anybody or fired a weapon in anybody's direction. Therefore, it was a lot easier to give Moss the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back