PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Harrison involved in shooting investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should put an * besides all of Marvin's records and take the Colts 2009 1st round draft choice.

Roger Clemens???

I posted this on the Colts message board and the mod deleted it.

Just a theory. Lets assume Roger is dating a girl under the age of 15 and that he is visiting her in Philly. He goes to see her at a pub that his friend Marvin Harrison owns.

Now, maybe the girl's dad gets mad at finding out Roger had seen another girl years earlier and goes to the bar to confront Roger. Marvin, in an attempt to protect his friend, Mr. Clemens, goes out side and tells the man to leave.

All heck breaks loose when PacMan shows up and not realizing what is going on, throws $5,000 in the air and yells, "I'll make it rain!" Tank Johnson grabs PacMan and says, "let's go Pac, don't ask for your change."

During all the rain, Roger steps outside, and in a roid rage withdrawl fit, fires Marvin's gun at **** Cheney, misses him and hits the car window, shattering glass on his "new girl."

All of this exonerates Marvin. It is only theory, but Roger seems to be at the center of every other scandal in the last few months.

The mod got mad at me and scolded me in a PM.

Knock it off NOW
I've had to delete a couple of posts by you in the Marvin thread. They have been totally out of line; you know what I'm talking about. Keep your comments in line with the rules or you will be sitting on the sidelines. Even if your attempt is humor, it is not allowed in taking shots at ANY players, Colts or not.

aeo4k1.jpg

Sheer brilliance.

Moss probably is smart enough not to shoot at people with a specially made gun crafted by a boutique gunmaker in a far off foreign land, a rare gun, which is very easy to track if the owner registers it.

I'm not that smart, you see, so: note to self: do not order a gun specially made for myself from a small Belgian craftsman, AND, if you do order such a gun, don't register it with the police, AND if you own such a gun and register it with the police, do not use it to shoot a woman as she is exiting your bar AND if you own such a gun, have registered it with the police, have used it on a woman exiting your bar, do not stash the gun in the trash can of your car-wash AND if you own such a gun, have registered it with the police, have used it on a woman exiting your bar, have stashed the gun in the trash of your car-wash, do not tell the police that the gun never left your Philly home.

Because I'm not very smart (and I'm assuming Marvin isn't either) then I need these reminders, because otherwise, if I make all these stupid mistakes, then people on the Patriots' board will have every right to assume that I am guilty.

Amen. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I always thought the name Colts was referring to horses, I guess I know what it's referring to now.:eek:

Tony Dungy will pray for him, he has already forgiven him..

He will make the Colts and Harrison look the victims and Goodell will change the Player Conduct Policies to accommodate the Colts. Maybe even give the Colts an extra 1st Rd Pick in 2009 to componsate. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating just a bit but I would not be the least bit surprised. :mad:

Do you think that Goodell being a white man persecuting a bklack man on a team coached by a black man might get raised in some quarters?:D

Good god imagine if this was Randy Moss, people would already be calling to throw him in jail without concrete evidence.

Dude you are taking that out of context. I was responding to someone convicting him already...

He asked for a scenario and I just laid one out there. Not saying that was what happened, but that there are any number of thing that may have happened. The Duke comment was in reference to people saying wait for the facts before you come to judgement.

Yes, but the Duke case involved the absence of a crime and false charges being made. Does that really seem to be the case in a situation where different people have gunshot wounds?

This will really test "tough guy" Goodell if it has any validity. Its easy to suspend guys like Pac Man Jones for the year before they are convicted of anything. Lets see what he does with a good old boy from the Colts, who, if nothing else, is connected to a shooting (whether he did it or not).
I don't like Goodell, but to be fair, his policy is to be tough on repeat offenders. I would not expect to see first-time offended Harrison lumped with Henry, Jones, etc.

(Please don't tell the Colts trolls I defended Harrison. I don't want them to start liking me.)

I love how all the Colts fan are saying "Why are you so quick to convict, you should wait for all the facts"... then they got onto the next thread about how the Patriots cheated horribly and how Walsh will **** them...

Talk about hypocritical.

BTW, I CANNOT STAND THE COLTS, but I do feel bad for Marvin. He was always one of the guys I didn't mind, but he is a weird cat. I don't know what happened, and I certainly won't lose any sleep over it, but I wish it was one of the other losers on the Colts instead of Marv.

As far as football goes, I think Marvin was basically done anyways (skill-wise).

Do you think that Goodell being a white man persecuting a bklack man on a team coached by a black man might get raised in some quarters?:D
Alas, there are bigots and racists still, so yeah, a bigot is sure to raise such a point.

Never thought about it like that. But yes I bet someone will bring up that point. Then Goodell will be forced to give the Colts that extra 1st. rounder! :D

Good god imagine if this was Randy Moss, people would already be calling to throw him in jail without concrete evidence.

So true.

I will let the authorities do their investigation. However, I do love that it is a Colts player in trouble. Now, if one of the Jets top players gets arrested it will make this a great day...lol.

So true.

I will let the authorities do their investigation. However, I do love that it is a Colts player in trouble. Now, if one of the Jets top players gets arrested it will make this a great day...lol.

Why? There isn't much of a risk we will be playing the Jets in the AFCCG....

Yes, but the Duke case involved the absence of a crime and false charges being made. Does that really seem to be the case in a situation where different people have gunshot wounds?

It was just an analogy to the fact that the court of public opinion needs to wait for the facts before the judge and convict somebody.

I don't like Goodell, but to be fair, his policy is to be tough on repeat offenders. I would not expect to see first-time offended Harrison lumped with Henry, Jones, etc.

(Please don't tell the Colts trolls I defended Harrison. I don't want them to start liking me.)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't believe he's going to be suspended for a year or kicked out of the league for that matter. He'll probably get a steep fine, ordered to go to counciling, etc.

Philly police had a press conference and said that Marvin was being very cooperative and never referred to him as a suspect.

Philly police had a press conference and said that Marvin was being very cooperative and never referred to him as a suspect.

Which really means nothing either way.

Police basically never refer to suspects as suspects until they have arrested them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft