PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Harrison involved in shooting investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like to see some negative press against the Colts, I doubt that will happen. Plus, we don't know all the details.

Does anyone honestly believe that attempted murder will get half the press that illegal camera placement gets?:D My money says this blows over in a week.

Marvin is in the clear unless he get traded to the Patriots:D

Important part of the Harrison shooting everyone is missing

A Belgian gun? Could he figure out to buy American,
d%#*!@t.

Besides, don't you want a gun from someplace know for
being badass? Belgium? Did it shoot waffles?
Besides watching the Germans walk through their
country twice what connection does Belgium have to do with guns?

Israeli, Russian, German, American, British, OK? But Belgium?

It is like you can have Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, or Cleveland Crabgrass. Belgian Gun?

Add weird things about this incident here. I'm sure I missed some by focusing on the gun.

Re: Important part of the Harrison shooting everyone is missing

what connection does Belgium have to do with guns?

Could be worse, at least he didn't get a french gun. And the swiss army doesn't do much but i own several of their knives.

Last edited:
Agree that if true, his NFL career probably is (and should be) over. This is much worse than what Michael Vick was doing, even if it's only a one-time act.

As for those saying the Colts should somehow pay for this, obviously that's ridiculous. If a Patriots player did it, we would want him cut, etc, but would be up in arms at the mere suggestion that the team is somehow implicit.

Except Goodell is a nincompoop.

Seriously, did he say a team might be held accountable for hiring known criminals. I could be mis-remembering something he said aimed at the Bengals.

Good god imagine if this was Randy Moss, people would already be calling to throw him in jail without concrete evidence.

I think even if it was someone with a lower profile, but a Patriot...say, Jabar Gaffney, most people would even be all over HIM just because he is a Patriot.

As I look around now, SI.com, ESPN, and CBS SPortsline only have the one AP report. Remember what it was like when Spygate hit? Op/Ed's all over the place, headlines with pictures of BB even at places like CNN, and nonstop talking about it on ESPN's shows. I am just feeling Harrison doesn't get that kind of press.

Amazing how we gave Moss every benefit of the doubt but with Harrison he has already been convicted......

Um, civil case with a guy screaming his side vs. a criminal case with a guy on record lying to cops. Maybe I'm blinded by laundry, but I think there are differences.

d%#*!@t.

It is like you can have Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, or Cleveland Crabgrass. Belgian Gun?

Add weird things about this incident here. I'm sure I missed some by focusing on the gun.
FN, a Belgian company, makes very high quality guns. Incidentally, they also own the Winchester. No idea if his gun was an FN, but they do know how to make guns in Belgium, at least in one place.

Joke all you want, 'cause it is Marvin, but FN is no joke and make a number of serious weapons regardless of the fact that they are made in Belgium. Think of it as Northern Lights - serious stuff from an inauspicious place :D
d%#*!@t.

I think even if it was someone with a lower profile, but a Patriot...say, Jabar Gaffney, most people would even be all over HIM just because he is a Patriot.

As I look around now, SI.com, ESPN, and CBS SPortsline only have the one AP report. Remember what it was like when Spygate hit? Op/Ed's all over the place, headlines with pictures of BB even at places like CNN, and nonstop talking about it on ESPN's shows. I am just feeling Harrison doesn't get that kind of press.

Give it a day. Outside the Lines got the jump because they had the guy from the Philly radio station.

Give it a day. Outside the Lines got the jump because they had the guy from the Philly radio station.
Don't worry this will all be swept under the rug soon enough. :rolleyes:

If its proven he was the one that actually fired the shots he should be kicked out of the league, if one of his friends fired his gun then he should be suspended 8 weeks or an entire season whether its his first incident or his fifth the commish better be harsh as hell with Saint Marvin.

In defense of Marvin, I'm betting he had legit reason to shoot the victim.

Last edited:

Yeah, you are probably right. But, this is going into a weekend...it may be all forgotten about by Monday. Part of the Spygate appeal was that by Monday morning everyone was full steam ahead on what happened and had a week to blather on about it.

Re: Important part of the Harrison shooting everyone is missing.

A Belgian gun?
Reminds me (yeah, I'm that old that I remember when this came out on an album!) of George Carlin's "Toledo Window Box"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-0JAHWW6pQ

Re: Important part of the Harrison shooting everyone is missing.

i5xlc1.jpg

Amazing how we gave Moss every benefit of the doubt but with Harrison he has already been convicted......
This is grossly unfair, and so misleading as to constitute a deliberate lie on your part.

With Moss, it was one person's word against another's. There was not only no evidence, the lack of medical care was evidence in FAVOR of Moss. There was no charge of a crime, and only a restraining order filed.

Compare this to people being shot and eyewitnesses identifying Harrison.

I think our reaction would have been a bit different if there had been a police intervention with Moss, if the woman had been shot, and police said the gun used to shoot her belonged to Moss.

Harrison (or whoever pulled the trigger) fired 7 shots and only hit the guy once, in the hand. Even the NYPD can shoot better than that.

The police knew it was a Colts player involved. The entry bullet hole was classy but it exited really fast.

I don't like Goodell, but to be fair, his policy is to be tough on repeat offenders. I would not expect to see first-time offended Harrison lumped with Henry, Jones, etc.

(Please don't tell the Colts trolls I defended Harrison. I don't want them to start liking me.)

True - -but involvement in a shooting is about as bad of conduct as you are going to get. You cant be series about a conduct policy and not apply it to this situation (if Harrison is involved in some way)

HOWEVER, I can imagine this story quickly dying because the injuries appear minor (even though we may be dealing with attempted murder). If Harrison is involved, its thus easy to imagine prosecutors charging him with something relatively benine, like assault (versus attempted murder), and offering him something without jail time. Furthermore, if Harrison is only involved indirectly, he likely wont be charged with anything.

In the end, Goodell doles out little to no punishment cause the charges aren't serious (if there are any at all), Colts fans rejoice and say Harrison was innocent and vindicated, and the Pats return to the role of villains.

But, maybe I am being too pessimistic about our criminal justice system -- (although I am confident in my analysis of Goodell and Colts fans)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back