PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Looks like Harbaugh to Chargers [now official]

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

He's back to the west coast.

Another rumored BB destination about to be off the table.

The good news there is maybe the team best positioned to compete with Kermit and the gang will actually be competitive with them.

Pick #5 in draft also

Now trade 3 with 5 for chargers and get their 2nd roundnpick this year and trade our 2025 2nd round pick for their 1st .

If cardinals do not trade pick 4 , we get the qb at 5 along with an extra second round pick . Herbert + mhj + harbaugh should be quite a handful.

Hopefully they will be more competitive against the Chiefs ! The Chargers have too much talent to be this mediocre !

The good news there is maybe the team best positioned to compete with Kermit and the gang will actually be competitive with them.
I think the Raiders have an outside shot, they were trending up to end the year last year. With a decent QB maybe they can get something going.

Denver is meh - Payton should be able to get them doing better but they need a lot

So he was in the market for a NFL return, no bias here but the Patriots was a much better job, seems like Kraft did not have the minimum interest.

So he was in the market for a NFL return, no bias here but the Patriots was a much better job, seems like Kraft did not have the minimum interest.
Of course not, the job was already filled.

Ehhh not sure how I see the Pats as the better job. We should theoretically be viewed as full rebuild mode. The Chargers have a QB which is the harder position to get right.

Now trade 3 with 5 for chargers and get their 2nd roundnpick this year and trade our 2025 2nd round pick for their 1st .

If cardinals do not trade pick 4 , we get the qb at 5 along with an extra second round pick . Herbert + mhj + harbaugh should be quite a handful.
This isn't Madden, you can't just trade down because you want to

Guess he didn’t want to switch colors..

We are the worst job now for an HC. Kraft knew it and hired Mayo . Ben Johnson is going to commanders .

Majority if teams either have qb or decent offensive players . We have neither . Who would want to risk their career coming here.

I don't think the rams guy would also be interested here as OC if he has multiple offers. I feel we might be forced to go with Nick Caley. That's how bad our options are.

Ehhh not sure how I see the Pats as the better job. We should theoretically be viewed as full rebuild mode. The Chargers have a QB which is the harder position to get right.
That ownership group is batshit crazy with constant infighting between the siblings regarding the family trust that owns a huge chunk of the team

Hmmm. Does that elevate Bill's chances at the Atlanta job? (I suspect it might) I frankly thought Harbaugh (I know, I know: Harbaughs are weird) was the best of the prospective HC's on the market. Bill's renowned bonhomie, outsized sense of self, and blindness to athletic skill all make him a special, special boutique sort of option, suited to the sensibilities of only the most sophisticated owners, if such there be.

QB is obviously a draw.

Exactly where we stand aside. The Chargers don't even have their own home stadium.

We are the worst job now for an HC. Kraft knew it and hired Mayo . Ben Johnson is going to commanders .

Majority if teams either have qb or decent offensive players . We have neither . Who would want to risk their career coming here.

I don't think the rams guy would also be interested here as OC if he has multiple offers. I feel we might be forced to go with Nick Caley. That's how bad our options are.
I think this might be right, and I think it even might be smart (though a little cold).

Mayo will follow a legend whom a solid portion of the fanbase believes should still have the job. He inherits an abysmal roster and a patchy and subpar coaching cohort. The team's "culture" is in the dumpster, and there's disagreement whether we ought fish the damned thing out of there.

The Krafts are certainly smart enough to see the prospect at least of a Mayo failure. Robert has already mentioned, somewhat unbidden and after hiring Mayo, that if an employee doesn't work out, you move on. The Krafts may see this as a two-phase rebuild, Phase One (only?) being "The Mayo Year(s)."

Hmmm. Does that elevate Bill's chances at the Atlanta job? (I suspect it might) I frankly thought Harbaugh (I know, I know: Harbaughs are weird) was the best of the prospective HC's on the market. Bill's renowned bonhomie, outsized sense of self, and blindness to athletic skill all make him a special, special boutique sort of option, suited to the sensibilities of only the most sophisticated owners, if such there be.
Blank appears to be a connoisseur of couture, haberdashery, fine wine, fast women, and other things of exotic enticement. Maybe he needs a little more dullness in his day.

QB is obviously a draw.

Exactly where we stand aside. The Chargers don't even have their own home stadium.
Homelessness in California is now a preferred lifestyle, isn't it? Usually homelessness comes after bankuruptcy, but in this instance it will cause bankrupty. Odd. Could just be too much sun.

Blank appears to be a connoisseur of couture, haberdashery, fine wine, fast women, and other things of exotic enticement. Maybe he needs a little more dullness in his day.
I wise and deeply compassionate take.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back