PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: KC vs. Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think by this results, we are in post season.

Are the Steelers really that vulnerable without Troy Polamalu? Wow.

Chiefs are 2-0 since they got rid of that dbag Johnson.

When the Steelers did not convert on 3rd-and-2 on the Mendenahll run, the announcer immediately said "and the Steelers are forced to punt". My first thought was 'no' - that was an absolutely perfect example of when it would be a good idea to go for it on 4th down. I think it was 4th-and-4 for the Steelers on the Chiefs 38. You are too far out for a FG (about 55 yards), but you are also too close for a punt. Sure enough the punt went into the end zone and Pittsburgh only picked up 18 yards of field position.

I wonder if Tomlin just "played it by the book" of conventional thinking - or if he was in any way swayed by the backlash of public opinion from last week's decision by Belichick to go for it.

Wow, not only did Big Ben appear to get a concussion yesterday, according to Adam Schefter, the back up, Charlie Batch needs wrist surgery and is out for six weeks. The 3rd QB is Dennis Dixon, who has thrown one pass in his NFL career.

Kind of feels like karma for the Steeler fan who created the "Marcus Pollard Fan Club" shirt last year...just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back