PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who wanted Justin Fields

'Or' was probably the word you were meaning to use there. Although I'm not sure why. By letting his predetermined narrative always drive the bus the poster you were responding to routinely displays both traits
You're right. Both that this was a careless error on my part and also about @borg

I just think there is a large number of fans who want them to win now, and throw all their resources at it to achieve that. Then there’s another large number of fans who believe they need a big reset, primarily on offense, and the be patient and build a long term contender. That’s the only way I can explain the desire guys like Mayfield and Fields etc…, because neither made sense other than short term options.
Mayfield I get as he is an established down-the-field passing QB who has had decent success and won games.

Fields hasn't done any of those.

How's Field's hands?

The Steelers should put a "QB" poster over the sign to the Receivers Room and not let him in on the ruse.
Maybe he won't notice.

Zappe is 4-4 in 8 starts with 11 passing TDs
2-4 last season with a 69 rating and a 6:9 TD/int ratio. 0 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. He sucks ass. Doesn’t belong on this or any NFL roster and never did. A lousy draft pick choice by the former GM.

Informed Patriots fans don’t see the need to wave pompoms for this guy. Yes Brissett is better. There’s a reason why teams want Brissett as their backup. Zappe will be serving fries soon.

Mayfield I get as he is an established down-the-field passing QB who has had decent success and won games.

Fields hasn't done any of those.

Mayfield is ok, as long as going to the playoffs goes, but I don’t see him winning Lombardi’s.

Mayfield is ok, as long as going to the playoffs goes, but I don’t see him winning Lombardi’s.
I don't see Fields winning anything at all. 3 years younger than Baker Mayfield, btw.

Neither has Brissett.
Brissett averages about 30 more passing yards per game as a starter, he also has about twenty fewer Interceptions/Fumbles combined than Fields... despite starting ten more games.

Nobody is saying Brissett is a world beater, he just won't be the reason your team beats itself... like Fields.

I don't see Fields winning anything at all. 3 years younger than Baker Mayfield, btw.
Fields career high in passing yards is 2562 yards... Baker threw for 4044 yards last season and has come close to those numbers anytime he has played close to a full season. Baker is far superior to Fields as a passer, even if he's merely "good."

Fields isn't a good passer, these people need to stop smoking crack.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back