PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who wanted Justin Fields

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
(Like Me)
Patriots never stood a chance. He wanted to go to Steelers.
Bears were committed to send him where he wanted to go.
Another example of Wolfe being hamstrung.
I bet Wolfe explored this but was turned away.
Probably Wolfe has done the best he could with limited options due to a weak roster

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

(Like Me)
Probably Wolfe has done the best he could with limited options due to a weak roster

We'll never know. But if another team topped what the Steelers offered I wonder what Chicago would've done. Fields is a roll of the dice regardless but like you I was intrigued.

(Like Me)

'Cause one more post to the current 16 page thread on the Fields trade would have been too much? (sigh)

Yet another whiny ass thread bemoaning the Pats inadequate 2024 roster. Apparently it is so bad it's hamstringing the front office from being able to trade for a failed QB. From a poster who knows Wolf's situation and mind enough he'd bet on it, even though he can't spell Wolf's name correctly. Do you really believe if Wolf had dangled a 4th or 5th rounder in this year's draft Chicago would have been so 'committed' to send Fields where he wanted to go? That if New England guaranteed Fields they'd pick up his 5th year option they wouldn't have become his preferred place to go? That ******** was simply window dressing, fake pearls don't make a pig a prom date. They were so concerned with Fields they shipped his ass out for a 6th ffs

Zero chance he would take a backup role with Steelers over a starting role here or anywhere else.

The simple fact is making Fields our starter would have just repeated the Mac experiment. Fields is simply not a quality starting NFL QB. He runs with the ball backwards, he holds the ball too long and not a good passer. It's clear as day.

(Like Me)
Fields = Mac

'Cause one more post to the current 16 page thread on the Fields trade would have been too much? (sigh)

Yet another whiny ass thread bemoaning the Pats inadequate 2024 roster. Apparently it is so bad it's hamstringing the front office from being able to trade for a failed QB. From a poster who knows Wolf's situation and mind enough he'd bet on it, even though he can't spell Wolf's name correctly. Do you really believe if Wolf had dangled a 4th or 5th rounder in this year's draft Chicago would have been so 'committed' to send Fields where he wanted to go? That if New England guaranteed Fields they'd pick up his 5th year option they wouldn't have become his preferred place to go? That ******** was simply window dressing, fake pearls don't make a pig a prom date. They were so concerned with Fields they shipped his ass out for a 6th ffs
Relax.

marvel comics fox GIF

(Like Me)

You previously said that the Pats should give up a 2nd for Fields. Now you say the Pats never stood a chance. Which is it? What you said previously or what you say now?

I love pig prom dates. Please do not keep reminding about those lovely ***es.

Never wanted Fields. He needs to go to a team with structure and a good culture to try to salvage him . That's not us right now.

I didn’t want him for the original so called asking price which some pundits were calling first or 2nd round value. Some crazy bloggers were even saying Pats give up the 3rd pick for him if you can believe that?

A 6th is a different story. The man can run the football like nobodies business. His passing game and awareness need a lot of work. Definitely worth a flyer at that price imo though. But honestly, it doesn’t bother me a bit we didn’t get him. I’d wish him luck but he plays for the Steelers now so that’s never happening.

(Like Me)

Wolf was hamstrung by the player wanting to be able to learn from someone he patterns his game after?

That's not being hamstrung. Hamstrung is Kraft telling Wolf that he can't spend the excess cap money the way that the Bengals owners used to do.

People like you claimed that the 2007 Roster was weak before they added Moss and Welker at the draft and then whined when the Pats (who hated the draft) only added Brandon Meriweather.

The Pats has very good defensive core of players. Jon Jones, Gonzalez, Barmore, Dugger, Peppers, Judon, Bentley, Wise. It's got some youngsters with potential in White, Jennings, Marcus Jones, and Isaiah Bolden The offense having Stevenson, Gibson, Henry, Douglas, Andrews, and Onwenu is a good start. They've added a serious upgrade to Ferentz in Leverett. They added an upgrade to Reiff in Okorafor.

Injuries are a concern for Strange and Thornton, though Thornton seems to be healthy and doing better. Bourne seems to be on track to be ready for the season. Adding Osborn to Bourne and Douglas gives them 3 legit receivers. Thornton, Boutte, Luther, Baker, Reagor and JuJu are battling for 2 spots. That could become 1 if the Pats draft a WR like MHJ, Odunze, or Nabers. If I'm AVP, I look at the s**tshow the offense was the last 2 years and I can put ZERO fault on Thornton for the lack of development.

This team is a lot stronger than the 4-13 record. They could have easily been 9-8 with even mediocre Line and QB play. But when you're having to use 5 different RTs (again) because of the worst luck around, you're not going to win the close games.

BB can't be blamed for whatever struck down Anderson and almost killed him. BB can't be blamed for McDermott going down right at the end of TC. I will concede that Reiff going down probably could have been projected. Yes, they got Anderson back, but he really shouldn't have been. I think the Pats allowed him to try out of desperation.

The core of this team is a lot better than many want to admit. Are there questions on some players? Sure. But every team has them.

If we weren't taking a QB at 3 then I would have liked to take a flyer on him for that price. Since we are though, no point.

didn't want him... didn't, and still don't understand the desire some had for bringing him in... you'd be just swapping one headache for another... it was, at best, a lateral move... which there is no point in doing...

moves like that are made around the league every year... its fits snugly into the "we can fix him category"... which is something a rebuilding team needs to avoid at all costs... one thing for a team to take on a player like that, ala Mack Wilson... linebacker i get the risk, but in the QB spot? nah, hard pass...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back