PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kam Chancellor possibly on the trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Pete Carroll would be foaming at the mouth at the thought of exchanging his all-pro safety with an underperforming guy who many people thought would be an outright cut yesterday.

AND a fourth round pick to boot? Why don't you just give away the whole team, man? :)

People seem to underrate the value of draft picks. Perhaps a 6th and a 4th along with Ninkovich and Wilson, respectively, was a bit of a reach.

Ninkovich + a 3rd/4th and Wilson + a 2nd are entirely feasible, albeit unlikely.

That said, I'd be quite surprised if Belichick moved Ninkovich. I doubt Wilson has much draw, unless of course, Carroll sees something in him (I doubt that to be the case).

They might take Chung and a 2nd if Kam continues to hold out. All pro or not, he aint worth **** if he's not on the field.

I would personally sell my house to be able to see Kam on our team in a SB50 rematch with the Hawks. Have him hit Doug f*ckhead Baldwin the same way he hit Edleman. Only this time, Doug Baldwin would be taken out on a stretcher and exposed for being the true p*ssy he is.

God I hate that guy!

I think Kam is one of the top rated safeties in the game, so I'm guessing that he's a rare case who can demand multiple higher round picks (maybe a 1st + a 3rd/4th). I think that some team out there would be more than happy to give up that kind of trade value for the opportunity to pay him top dollar.

The NYG are a prime example of this, as they recently lost out on the DMcC sweepstakes in free agency. I'm going to guess that there would likely be at least a couple/few teams who'd be willing to part with that type of compensation, but that's just my opinion.

People seem to underrate the value of draft picks. Perhaps a 6th and a 4th along with Ninkovich and Wilson, respectively, was a bit of a reach.

Ninkovich + a 3rd/4th and Wilson + a 2nd are entirely feasible, albeit unlikely.

That said, I'd be quite surprised if Belichick moved Ninkovich. I doubt Wilson has much draw, unless of course, Carroll sees something in him (I doubt that to be the case).

Generally, I think it's the other way around, where most fans tend to overrate draft pick potential in hypothetical trade scenarios. I think we saw this a lot here in N.England recently with guys such as Cassel, Meriweather (first round 2x pro bowler who was an outright cut), and Mallett.

If the Seahawks are planting the seed of wanting a 1st + something else, they'll likely get it in my opinion, and rightfully so. Kam Chancellor is one of those proven value safeties that while probably overvalued, will instantly demand the type of value normally reserved for "elite" talent.

In my opinion, there's only a couple/few/several players on each team who are worth a 1st round draft pick, particularly now since the rookie salary cap has been implemented and we're no longer seeing 60+ million dollar deals for unproven players like JaMarcus Russell. In the day and age of the salary cap, 1st round picks are more valuable than ever.

Generally, I think it's the other way around, where most fans tend to overrate draft pick potential in hypothetical trade scenarios. I think we saw this a lot here in N.England recently with guys such as Cassel, Meriweather (first round 2x pro bowler who was an outright cut), and Mallett.

If the Seahawks are planting the seed of wanting a 1st + something else, they'll likely get it in my opinion, and rightfully so. Kam Chancellor is one of those proven value safeties that while probably overvalued, will instantly demand the type of value normally reserved for "elite" talent.

In my opinion, there's only a couple/few/several players on each team who are worth a 1st round draft pick, particularly now since the rookie salary cap has been implemented and we're no longer seeing 60+ million dollar deals for unproven players like JaMarcus Russell. In the day and age of the salary cap, 1st round picks are more valuable than ever.

I agree with almost everything you said between your last two posts, including the reply to me. My only nack is that he is a SS. Yes he is clearly the top SS in the league, but the position isn't as highly valued as the FS/ true center fielder. A field general if you must. I think Kam is also very good in coverage, but the value on his position isn't what it is for an elite FS like Weddle, Thomas, or Dmac. Unfortunately for him, his value isn't what it would be for a more hybrid SS/FS like Harrison Smith or Eric Berry either.

On a side note, I have Idea why the giants would be trying to trade for Kam, it really makes no sense seeing how they just drafted Landon collins. They should be going after Eric Weddle, not Kam. Honestly if the Seahawks could get Collins and and 2 & 3rd, I think that would be a steal on their part seeing how they're getting into salary cap complications, and how collins would probably fill in fairly well considering the other talent surrounding him.

Yes people seem to undervalue draft picks. Like how more people seemed to care more about losing TB for 4 weeks, then the loss of our 1st round pick. Thats the equivalent of losing Solder or Hightower for 4 SEASONS. Still pisses me off that softy bob didn't try to fight it.

Chancellor is worth a 3rd round pick at best

I think that's a very difficult argument to make, considering that he's the best SS in the game, and has been the leader of the defense for the past two seasons, both ending in SB appearances.

His leadership, physical nature, and athleticism likely place him in that "elite" tier of NFL player who commands a first round pick.

Yes people seem to undervalue draft picks. Like how more people seemed to care more about losing TB for 4 weeks, then the loss of our 1st round pick. Thats the equivalent of losing Solder or Hightower for 4 SEASONS. Still pisses me off that softy bob didn't try to fight it.

The only thing that eases the discomfort of that situation is the fact that Goodell would've shot down the appeal no matter what, along with the belief that Kraft was trying to end this nonsense in the hope that Goodell would've seen that as "enough" of a punishment.

Unfortunately, I think Kraft underestimated Goodell's arrogance and his thirst for coming down super hard on Brady AND the organization. That's just my opinion, I could certainly be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST